Official Nas Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
So why was Swizz all over the track? :rudy:

This 40 guy is on the tracklist as a producer, so that should be interesting.

I never had a proble with Nas and Salem Remi tandem.

The last beat LES did for Nas was Black Republican? So, I don't get that hate there. :yeshrug:

Swizz and 40 co-produced the track.

I've never had a problem with Salaam Remi production either. He tends to being the best out of Nas

People like to shyt on ANY producer that they feel took a slot away from their precious Primo/Pete Rock/Kanye/Alchemist wet dreams, not realizing the jewels that producers such as LES and Salaam Remi have cooked up with Nas for years. A Nas fan should be just that, a NAS fan, regardless of who does the beats if they fit his vision then so be it. Not EVERY beat is going to be great (Zone Out was all over the place) but more often than not its a perfectly suitable audible match.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
man fukk all that.

Just because your a fan doesn't mean you have to blindly follow and accept what decisions a rapper makes.

That said I dont really care, Nas should've put AZ on the album tho. At least on one of the deluxe editions.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

I've never had a problem with Salaam Remi production either. He tends to being the best out of Nas

People like to shyt on ANY producer that they feel took a slot away from their precious Primo/Pete Rock/Kanye/Alchemist wet dreams, not realizing the jewels that producers such as LES and Salaam Remi have cooked up with Nas for years. A Nas fan should be just that, a NAS fan, regardless of who does the beats if they fit his vision then so be it. Not EVERY beat is going to be great Out was all over the place) but more often than not its a perfectly suitable audible match.

I agree. nikkas have insane expectations for nas. His production isnt that bad. He's the type of MC that's more thought driven than anything. He be flowin over beats like a jet flyin over fresh ocean. And I do care about production also. But ya put too much pressure on the kid. Ya are never gonna get what ya want out of nas. Cause ya want him to redo illmatic/it was written. Those are not his only 2 good albums. Hhid, stillmatic,******,god's son, DR, lost tapes (put together or not) were all good albums. Nas has a nice catalog.

Asdfhhklpiyrewss

All Star
Daps

People like to shyt on ANY producer that they feel took a slot away from their precious Primo/Pete Rock/Kanye/Alchemist wet dreams, not realizing the jewels that producers such as LES and Salaam Remi have cooked up with Nas for years. A Nas fan should be just that, a NAS fan, regardless of who does the beats if they fit his vision then so be it. Not EVERY beat is going to be great (Zone Out was all over the place) but more often than not its a perfectly suitable audible match.

lol cmon man..what dope beats has L.E.S given to Nas in the 2000s? Just a Moment and Black Republicans out of like 10 joints.. dude is trash now and shouldnt be anywhere near a Nas project. (glad he wasn't involved with Untitled and LIG)

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sometimes I feel like nas just pockets his album budget and gets his beats as cheap as he fukkin can and is like fukkit Ill just rap good enough to make it work.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I will never forgive Esco for this tease
nas_scratch.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I will never forgive Esco for this tease
nas_scratch.jpg

Still got that magazine...

The funny thing is, even in that issue Nas wasn't REALLY talking about a full premo/Nas album, he was just talking about getting a beat from him for HHID. He said something to the effects of "I want a lot of different pieces for this next puzzle"

H.S.

All Star
Daps

All truth.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Hopefully there's a streaming link to his headline set at the Hackney Weekender today.

Jay did his thing yesterday. Nas doing it today

7one3

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Official Nas Thread

tumblr_m53zg1tEOd1qlityfo1_1280.jpg

:yes:

Tracks:

1. No Introduction (Produced by Justice League)
2. Loco-Motive feat. Large Professor (Produced by No I.D.)
3. A Queens Story (Produced by Salaam Remi)
4. Accident Murderers feat. Rick Ross (Produced by No I.D.)
5. Daughters (Produced by No I.D.)
6. Reach Out feat. Mary J. Blige (Produced by Salaam Remi, Rodney Jerkins, DJ Hot Day & Nas)
7. World’s An Addiction feat. Anthony Hamilton (Produced by Salaam Remi)
8. Summer On Smash feat. Miguel & Swizz Beatz (Produced by Swizz Beatz)
9. You Wouldn’t Understand feat. Victoria Monet (Produced by Buckwild)
10. Back When (Produced by No I.D.)
11. The Don (Produced by Salaam Remi, Heavy D & Da Internz)
12. Stay (Produced by No I.D.)
13. Cherry Wine feat. Amy Winehouse (Produced by Salaam Remi)
14. Bye Baby (Produced by Salaam Remi & 40)

Bonus Tracks for Deluxe

Nasty (Produced by Salaam Remi)
The Black Bond (Produced by Salaam Remi)
Roses (Produced by Al Shux)
Where’s The Love feat. Cocaine 80s (Produced by No I.D.)

Bonus track for iTunes: Trust (Produced by Boi 1da)

Bonus track for Japan: The Don (Don Dada Remix) (Produced by Salaam Remi & Heavy D)

I hope Life is Good is is good as I hope...