Official Nas Thread

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Can you break down any Interesting tidbits? It would be appreciated

Didn't hear the whole thing but from what I heard:

-Nas talked about how No ID told him Illmatic changed the game because it was an all star album production wise; before most albums were just produced by one person, or a rapper's crew. Nas said he had never thought of it that way

-He said the Daughters video shot a bunch of stuff with people all over the neighborhood, including people from hoods/gangs that normally didn't get along. Nas said he hated the final cut of the video initially because all those scenes were cut, but eventually it grew on him.

-Semtex mentioned the album still slaps when he DJs with it thanks to the remaster, Nas said it was produced with that in mind. They wanted it to sound as hard as possible

-Semtex admitted he wasn't feeling IWW at first because he felt Illmatic had just come out, and he wasn't ready to move on I guess lol. He said he eventually realized it was classic. How many times do you hear a DJ tell an artist "ayo I didn't like your shyt at first b." Nas was like "oh word? lol

-He said he's cool with Cormega. Didn't go into details tho

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Didn't hear the whole thing but from what I heard:

-Nas talked about how No ID told him Illmatic changed the game because it was an all star album production wise; before most albums were just produced by one person, or a rapper's crew. Nas said he had never thought of it that way

-He said the Daughters video shot a bunch of stuff with people all over the neighborhood, including people from hoods/gangs that normally didn't get along. Nas said he hated the final cut of the video initially because all those scenes were cut, but eventually it grew on him.

-Semtex mentioned the album still slaps when he DJs with it thanks to the remaster, Nas said it was produced with that in mind. They wanted it to sound as hard as possible

-Semtex admitted he wasn't feeling IWW at first because he felt Illmatic had just come out, and he wasn't ready to move on I guess lol. He said he eventually realized it was classic. How many times do you hear a DJ tell an artist "ayo I didn't like your shyt at first b." Nas was like "oh word? lol

-He said he's cool with Cormega. Didn't go into details tho

Thanks bruh:cheers:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:pachaha: at Westwood throwing on Ochi Walley while Nas talked about Desti.

:rip: to Amy. I already know that songs going to be :ahh:

Uncle Trill

Hendrix 3:16
Daps
***NATIONAL NEG CHARMANDER WEEK***

Its that time of the year again everybody, its national neg Charmander week. Every year on the Coli someone is randomly chosen to be negged, this year it happens to be Charmander.

Its lucky that hes been selected, this poster thinks they are better than everyone on the Coli and constantly goes through personal information of random posters trying to gather up information for an exposal. He also tried to jeopardize the opening of the coli stemming from a grudge with the owners.

Get involved and neg rep this poster. You can find a link to his post below.

http://www.the-coli.com/541912-post30.html

Whoever turns him red, gets a special shout out from the owners on the front page. Dont forget to share and forward this message to other Coli posters.

**The Coli**

WuGambino

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kelis On Nas’ Life Is Good Cover

kelis looking :flabbynsick:

Last edited by a moderator:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:wow: Kelis :pachaha:

Back to the Westwood interview, I don't know about y'all but I'm dying to hear Nas collabo with Asap, Weezy, Drizzy, Zeila Banks, who else did I miss? :rudy:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nas is talking about Stretch's death on "A Queens Story"

The song title made me think he was going to talk about Kelis.

While driving around yesterday. a Drake song called Fancy came on and Swizzie was all over it. Did he produce that? If so, he better have the same ingredients for the Nas beat he did. :rudy:

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
The song title made me think he was going to talk about Kelis.

While driving around yesterday. a Drake song called Fancy came on and Swizzie was all over it. Did he produce that? If so, he better have the same ingredients for the Nas beat he did. :rudy:
nah, drake's right hand man "40" did.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So why was Swizz all over the track? :rudy:

This 40 guy is on the tracklist as a producer, so that should be interesting.

I never had a proble with Nas and Salem Remi tandem.

The last beat LES did for Nas was Black Republican? So, I don't get that hate there. :yeshrug: