Official Nas Thread

Daps
Not I usually do much tracklist bytchin' and complainin' over who produced what...

But leave it to Nas to have Justice League do one track and have Salaam Remi do eight.

Not to say Remi's completely incapable, but I'm startin' to think he has some Solar/Guru kinda mind control over Nas to keep gettin' this many slots on these albums. Has that EVER been a good idea?

He only had one slot on the last two. Maybe you should hear the music before lapsing into hipster mode? I'm more worried about the 5 tracks with sung hooks. Those almost always end up on the weaker end of his discography.

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
He only had one slot on the last two. Maybe you should hear the music before lapsing into hipster mode? I'm more worried about the 5 tracks with sung hooks. Those almost always end up on the weaker end of his discography.

Mary J. Blige, Anthony Hamilton, and Amy Winehouse... can't be mad at that. At least we know Nas isn't doing the singing.

KTD2

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas has a terrible secret that only Salaam Remi knows and his form of blackmail = "let me make all your beats or else" *evil laugh* *rubs hands*

:(

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Hipster mode?

There's about 10 years worth of music to prove that the Nas/Remi union is about 45/55 when it comes to makin' some shyt worth listenin' to more than once. Don't kid yourself.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Ayo I'm listening to Semtex and can't believe all the shyt they're editing during One Mic. You can't say "shot" on UK radio? Or hallow tip? Glock? Wow

interestingly they can say "bytch" on the radio tho lol

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Salaam got dirt on Nas...only way to explain their partnership.

Considering out of all of the producers Nas has worked with, Salaam produced two of Nas's biggest hits without Nas compromising. That's not to say that he's better than any producer that Nas has worked with, but at this point, it is obvious that Nas has chemistry with Salaam's production. There's a list in this thread of the dope music they've created. Besides, Nas is always saying how Salaam is always there when he's working on music. Nas is one of those artists that seems like he is not going to wait around for a producer to clear their schedule for him no matter how big of a name they are.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Great interview. You can tell when a DJ/interviewer is just reading from a list, trying to get some random info to get promotion/twitter trends, and who just wants to do a good interview and get the artist to open up. Semtex is my nikka