Official Nas Thread

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The thing is you gave the man 4 Nominations? I mean that's a lot of nominations to not give the man 1 award. Was it really that hard? Hasn't Jay and Ye have enough Grammy's as it is? NaS couldn't even get one? espeically for an uplifting song like Daughters? It shows you wants wrong. The Grammy's aren't suppose to be about Charts, that's the Billboard awards. The Grammy are suppose to be about artistic merit regardless of sales and success. Sure you take success into account. But if you going to go the safe route and give Drake Rap album. Then you give NaS "Rap Song" with "Daughters" and Jay and Ye "Rap Performance and Rap/Sung". Then I think most Hip Hop fans could of respected that. But to give "N!ggas in Paris" 2 grammy's just didn't feel right to me. KanYe is the only person I know that can sh!t on the grammy's and they throw awards at him, lol.

Black Roses

Rookie
Daps
3d3f6c54745111e2a96422000a1fbc12_7.jpg

:wow:

:to:

Shammago

By Any Means
Daps
Reppin
Sun rises in the East
LoL.... Maybe next time more of y'all will copp and support your favorite artist instead of free downloads or being cheap. Now Nas has to suffer because of this:krs:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The thing is you gave the man 4 Nominations? I mean that's a lot of nominations to not give the man 1 award. Was it really that hard? Hasn't Jay and Ye have enough Grammy's as it is? NaS couldn't even get one? espeically for an uplifting song like Daughters? It shows you wants wrong. The Grammy's aren't suppose to be about Charts, that's the Billboard awards. The Grammy are suppose to be about artistic merit regardless of sales and success. Sure you take success into account. But if you going to go the safe route and give Drake Rap album. Then you give NaS "Rap Song" with "Daughters" and Jay and Ye "Rap Performance and Rap/Sung". Then I think most Hip Hop fans could of respected that. But to give "N!ggas in Paris" 2 grammy's just didn't feel right to me. KanYe is the only person I know that can sh!t on the grammy's and they throw awards at him, lol.

India Arie got 7 nominations in 02 for her breakthrough debut album Acoustic Soul and lost every single one of them. Michael Jackson lost all four nominations in 1988 for Bad ( though this was the first album whose first five singles went to number 1 and the fifth highest selling album of all time) so it matters not how many nominations one garners unfortunately.

What matters is that Nas, in my opinion truly deserved three of those 4 nominations. NIP deserved to win for best performance, but best rap song? Best rap album? Best rap/sung collab? Nas got snubbed plain and simple..

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Nas fans.. hindsight is 20/20

but do you think they should have pushed Bye Baby more than Daughters or Cherrywine?
personally I didnt like Cherrywine like that. Its cool but.. I skip it for the most part on LIG

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK

but do you think they should have pushed Bye Baby more than Daughters or Cherrywine?
personally I didnt like Cherrywine like that. Its cool but.. I skip it for the most part on LIG

Personally no. Cherry Wine has the crossover with Amy and is perfect for radio, maybe push it more than Daughters but I've no idea how the singles were promoted over in America

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth

The last thing he needs to do is pander for anything. That was what he and his team decided and that's it.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Cherry Wine to me is perfect. Love that joint.

Daughters was the perfect Grammy song to represent Hip Hop because its message was one of positivity rather than reflection and loss. Daughters is a truly well written, executed, and unique Hip Hop record. No ID and Nas crafted a classic with that one...

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Cherry Wine to me is perfect. Love that joint.

Daughters was the perfect Grammy song to represent Hip Hop because its message was one of positivity rather than reflection and loss. Daughters is a truly well written, executed, and unique Hip Hop record. No ID and Nas crafted a classic with that one...

I really thought black radio needed Daughters. No doubt.

They basically ignored it. I think its a top 5 Nas single all time..