Official Nas Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Nas will do what he does regardless of wins or losses. He's made it clear that awards isn't really his thing. I think it'd be bigger for Hip Hop as a culture for Nas to win as he's one of the premier torch bearers of the genre, a legend, and is well deserving. Nas winning a Grammy is a win for Hip Hop.

"fukk your pictures and your plaques/your tours and autographs/don't trust nikkas and bytches who tell you you all of that"- Nas

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio
honestly its a fukkin disgrace that this would be Nas first grammy

they should be giving him one of those lifetime achievement awards they give the GOATs at this point

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
[ame=http://youtu.be/IwCGES1io8k]Nas Hosts Grammy Nomination Celebration! - HipHollywood.com - YouTube[/ame]

Nas grammy party! :lawd:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I hope you ain't making fun of the God, Nasir or ridiculing his loyal supporters.

If so :pacspit: go listen to somebody else. This discussion is about the GOAT.......not a camel, so go in that thread.

:pacspit:

The first Nas appreciation thread on this board was started by me. But lol.

iPod Raheem 2.0

D, mother****er, D.
Daps
Reppin
Event Staff Correctional Facility
I've been playing "Trust" all day. Seriously what was Nas thinking not putting this gem on the album? it's dope and at the same time fits the theme of the album

why do we, as nas fans, have to deal with this bullshyt everytime Nas has an album out?

Just the way it is. :manny: I've come to expect that I won't love everything about a Nas album. :ehh: (:whoa: except for illmatic and lost tapes) Fortunately, he creates and releases so much good material each recording period I can't even be mad at him; I just make a playlist with all the shyt I like and keep it moving. :yeshrug: I'd be lying if I said I still don't have those :why: moments.

And just to keep beating this drum (:flabbynsick:) and to restore some balance with all this pre-Grammy stanning (:huhldup:), LIG as released is pretty damn good but it could've been better. All the bonus tracks should've been included and SOS and World's an Addiction should have come nowhere near the final album. :scusthov:

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Just the way it is. :manny: I've come to expect that I won't love everything about a Nas album. :ehh: (:whoa: except for illmatic) Fortunately, he creates and releases so much good material each recording period I can't even be mad at him; I just make a playlist with all the shyt I liked and keep it moving. :yeshrug:

Just to continue to keep beating this drum (:flabbynsick:) and to restore some balance with all this pre-Grammy stanning (:huhldup:), LIG as released is pretty damn good but it could've been better. All the bonus tracks should've been included and SOS and World's an Addiction should have come nowhere near the final album. :scusthov:

Nas mentioned something about that(not that song specifically), but he mentioned sometimes songs that no one else likes but him makes the cut cause the song means a lot to him. I don't really dig the song either, but Nas must cause he be performing that shyt in concert. He performed it at the New year's concert and people were on some :wtf:, y's he performing this shyt....but we still rocked with it.

iPod Raheem 2.0

D, mother****er, D.
Daps
Reppin
Event Staff Correctional Facility
Nas mentioned something about that(not that song specifically), but he mentioned sometimes songs that no one else likes but him makes the cut cause the song means a lot to him. I don't really dig the song either, but Nas must cause he be performing that shyt in concert. He performed it at the New year's concert and people were on some :wtf:, y's he performing this shyt....but we still rocked with it.

I can respect that. It's his album. He's the artist. He can put whatever the fukk he wants on his album. In fact, any artist should feel that way. Artists shouldn't necessarily let fans dictate what art they decide to create. Especially when you've been in the game as long as Nas has.

I'ma keep it funky, though, if I don't like something. And I don't like World's an Addiction. That beat sucked. And Anthony Hamilton surprisingly came so gotdamn wack. His wailing is just too much for me. shyt is pretty much unlistenable. I thought it would be a good collaboration. I was wrong. Maybe I'll feel differently about it one day but that day is not today.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The first Nas appreciation thread on this board was started by me. But lol.

Do you still have the link?

And apologies sometimes I take my Nasir very seriously. You have no idea the things I would do to him.....

:jawalrus: