Official Nas Thread

The_Third_Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas mentioned something about that(not that song specifically), but he mentioned sometimes songs that no one else likes but him makes the cut cause the song means a lot to him. I don't really dig the song either, but Nas must cause he be performing that shyt in concert. He performed it at the New year's concert and people were on some :wtf:, y's he performing this shyt....but we still rocked with it.

the strange thing is Nas doesn't choose these "weak" songs as singles. It's not like he put them on his albums to sell more units like most rappers. He do it cuz he wants to.

"Nyggas opinions are ruining my muiscal taste"- Nas

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the strange thing is Nas doesn't choose these "weak" songs as singles. It's not like he put them on his albums to sell more units like most rappers. He do it cuz he wants to.

"Nyggas opinions are ruining my muiscal taste"- Nas

Co-sign...sometimes fans can be an artists' downfall but thank goodness Nas is NOT one of those artists who actually allow his fans to rule his career. Don't get me wrong he wants his fans to enjoy his art but for the most part he does what moves him first, as any REAL artist should.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Do you still have the link?

And apologies sometimes I take my Nasir very seriously. You have no idea the things I would do to him.....

:jawalrus:

It was some appreciation thread for Daughters and songs of that ilk around the time the board first popped off and that was the lead single. I can tell you take your Nas seriously lol.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Co-sign...sometimes fans can be an artists' downfall but thank goodness Nas is NOT one of those artists who actually allow his fans to rule his career. Don't get me wrong he wants his fans to enjoy his art but for the most part he does what moves him first, as any REAL artist should.

Tell Nas to keep doing what he's doing. Worlds An Addiction is one of the deepest songs on the album. That third verse is just:lawd:

Question, does Nas have any plans at to still drop Lost Tapes 2? Was just wondering...

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If :ahh: don't win it'll be

tumblr_lx1v004bqm1r68zx1o1_500.gif

He's still

tumblr_m2uk9wKna11qkgxf0o1_500.gif

:salute: The GOAT

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Is Nas' Grammy Drought Because He's The 'Realest'?
'If you look who's won over the course of his career, there was always something a little shinier,' producer Salaam Remi tells MTV News.

Nas' classic debut Illmatic is often counted among the greatest rap albums of all time, but it failed to earn him any Grammy love. In fact, despite an illustrious rap career, Nas is 0-for-9 at the awards show and could win his first Golden Gramophone tonight (February 10) at the 2013 Grammy Awards, where he is nominated four times.

So how can any artist as revered as Nas not have any Grammys on his mantle?

"If you look who's won over the course of his career, there was always something a little shinier, a little bit more friendlier," Nas' longtime producer and friend Salaam Remi told MTV News on the eve of the show. "He wasn't the most commercial kid on the block, the most popular kid, but might've been the realest one."

Queensbridge's poetry king has been nominated for Best Rap Album three times in his career: first in 2000 for his I Am LP and then in 2008 and 2009 for Hip-Hop Is Dead and Untitled, respectively. He's lost to Eminem (The Slim Shady LP), Kanye West (Graduation) and Lil Wayne (Tha Carter III). Tonight, Nasir's 10th solo album, Life Is Good, faces some pretty stiff competition in the Best Rap Album category as he goes up against heavyweights like Drake (Take Care), Rick Ross (God Forgives, I Don't) and 2 Chainz (Based on a T.R.U. Story).

The timeless rap vet is also up for Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Song for his single "Daughters," as well as Best Rap/Sung Collaboration for his posthumous Amy Winehouse duet "Cherry Wine."

Remi, a veteran producer who got his start working alongside Marly Marl and contributed to the Fugees' 1996 smash LP The Score and Amy Winehosue's Back to Black, produced on six of Life Is Good's 14 tracks and has been producing for Nas since his 2001 Stillmatic LP.

Salaam insists that Nas doesn't create to gather awards. "It's not to get the Grammy stuff, but our vibe and mode even while recording the album was: We won already," he said of their creative mind-set. "It wasn't that we won the Grammy. We won still being positive and forward with life in the first place."

Nas echoed a similar sentiment in a separate interview with MTV News correspondent Sway Calloway at a pre-Grammy party on Friday night. "I look at it like we already won," he said. "No matter what, we winners, Sway!"

As a producer, Remi received certificates of participation from the Grammy committee for his work on both the Fugees' and Amy Winehouse's award-winning LPs but has never won an award himself. This year he is up for Producer of the Year, thanks to his production work with Miguel, Usher, Anthony Hamilton and, of course, Nas. He's just happy being part of the process, he says. "For me, my position is being a catalyst of the artist, not necessarily about me," Remi said." I'm just happy to help and push the needle forward."

Is Nas' Grammy Drought Because He's The 'Realest'? - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV.com

Black Roses

Rookie
Daps
Tell Nas to keep doing what he's doing. Worlds An Addiction is one of the deepest songs on the album. That third verse is just:lawd:

Question, does Nas have any plans at to still drop Lost Tapes 2? Was just wondering...
I love that song too. Atmospheric, dope storytelling, and Anthony killed the hook. :win:

Had so many bad chicks in his bed
Strange sex, same sex
Has addictions that are sadistic

I love his delivery on these lines. I can't explain. Just listen. :wow:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Got Distant Relatives blaring and Leaders is playing

They appeal to the conscious
The Paramount
The Cesar, the monsters
The grandiose, the matters
The hell on earth pompous
Ellsworth Bumpy Johnsons
The Harlemites the Garveyites
Black as the credit card we swipe
Poppin' Dom tonight
For all of mine
I can see myself back at the Autobahn
Malcolm on the podium
Shells drop to linoleum
Swipe those
Place 'em on display at the Smithsonian
Next to only gems
That were left behind
By holy men

:ohlawd:

Black Roses

Rookie
Daps
Got Distant Relatives blaring and Leaders is playing

They appeal to the conscious
The Paramount
The Cesar, the monsters
The grandiose, the matters
The hell on earth pompous
Ellsworth Bumpy Johnsons
The Harlemites the Garveyites
Black as the credit card we swipe
Poppin' Dom tonight
For all of mine
I can see myself back at the Autobahn
Malcolm on the podium
Shells drop to linoleum
Swipe those
Place 'em on display at the Smithsonian
Next to only gems

:ohlawd:

leaders is def a stand out nas moment on that album. :ohlawd:

They took our leaders and they lynched them :wow:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
VH1 vouches for Nas

BEST RAP SONG

"Choosing between Nas‘s “Daughters,” Jay-Z and Kanye West‘s “N***** In Paris” and G.O.O.D. Music’s “Mercy” just isn’t fair, but somebody’s got to do it. Also nominated are Wale ft. Miguel‘s “Lotus Flower Bomb” (a huge record in its own right) and Wiz Khalifa and Snoop Dogg ft. Bruno Mars‘s “Young, Wild & Free” (a song that barely made any waves). “Mercy” was the summer’s anthem and we’re sure even grandmas across America know the refrain “Lamborghini, mercy.” Meanwhile, “N***as in Paris” was a global phenom that had concertgoers everywhere going bonkers for up to 11 performances of the song in one show. But the storytelling of “Daughters,” a song any man raising a baby girl could relate to, had the hardest of grown men rapping and nodding their heads.—Bene Viera

Grammys 2013: Best Rap Song, Best Rap Album, Best Pop Solo Performance | VH1 Tuner