Official Nas Thread

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
NaS got his numbers wrong. He's been nominated 13 times not 18 times. But I get his overall point is he's been waiting a long time for this. I think the Media finally noticed this and have done a great Grammy campaign for NaS. I've never seen this many article leading up to the Grammy for NaS. Had this happen during the "Untitled" run he could of walked away with one. Can't wait for NaS to finally win his 1st Grammy.

It's not that the Grammy mean anything to Hip Hop cause overall they don't but an artist of NaS caliber does deserve one especially when the Grammy's have been giving KanYe, Jay and Eminem Grammy like skittles. I want him to win "Best Rap Album" most cause he lost that category 3 times already for "I am", "Hip Hop Is Dead" and "Untitled". If I had to choose 2 of my favorite nods from NaS's grammy are "One Mic" video which lost to Eminem "Without Me" which was a wack video. And "The Slave and The Master", for the Grammy to nominate such a deep song like that really surprised me since it wasn't a single that means they had to listen to the album.

Grammy Awards
2013, Best Rap Performance, Best Rap Song: "Daughters" (Pending)
2013, Best Rap Song: "Daughters" (Pending)
2013, Best Rap/Sung Collaboration: "Cherry Wine" feat. Amy Winehouse (Pending)
2013, Best Rap Album: Life is Good (Pending)

2010, Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group: "Too Many Rappers" (Nominated)
2009, Best Rap Solo Performance: "N.i.g.g.e.r. (The Slave and the Master)" (Nominated)
2009, Best Rap Album: Nas (Nominated)
2008, Best Rap Album: Hip-Hop Is Dead (Nominated)
2008, Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group: "Better Than I Ever Been" (Nominated)
2003, Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group: "The Essence" (Nominated)
2003, Best Short-Form Music Video: "One Mic" (Nominated)
2000, Best Rap Album: I Am (Nominated)
1997, Best Rap Solo Performance: "If I Ruled the World" (Nominated)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
NaS got his numbers wrong. He's been nominated 13 times not 18 times. But I get his overall point is he's been waiting a long time for this. I think the Media finally noticed this and have done a great Grammy campaign for NaS. I've never seen this many article leading up to the Grammy for NaS. Had this happen during the "Untitled" run he could of walked away with one. Can't wait for NaS to finally win his 1st Grammy. It's not that the Grammy mean anything to Hip Hop cause overall they don't but an artist of NaS caliber does deserve one especially when the Grammy's have been giving KanYe, Jay and Eminem Grammy like skittles. I want him to win "Best Rap Album" most cause he lost that category 3 times already for "I am", "Hip Hop Is Dead" and "Untitled".

Grammy Awards
2013, Best Rap Performance, Best Rap Song: "Daughters" (Pending)
2013, Best Rap Song: "Daughters" (Pending)
2013, Best Rap/Sung Collaboration: "Cherry Wine" feat. Amy Winehouse (Pending)
2013, Best Rap Album: Life is Good (Pending)

2010, Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group: "Too Many Rappers" (Nominated)
2009, Best Rap Solo Performance: "N.i.g.g.e.r. (The Slave and the Master)" (Nominated)
2009, Best Rap Album: Nas (Nominated)
2008, Best Rap Album: Hip-Hop Is Dead (Nominated)
2008, Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group: "Better Than I Ever Been" (Nominated)
2003, Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group: "The Essence" (Nominated)
2003, Best Short-Form Music Video: "One Mic" (Nominated)
2000, Best Rap Album: I Am (Nominated)
1997, Best Rap Solo Performance: "If I Ruled the World" (Nominated)

Yeah I believe he really did deserve it in 09 for Untitled. The CACS weren't going to award an album of such deep cultural brilliance as Untitled though and took the cheap way out and awarded Lil fukking Wayne for that godawful C3 album....:snoop:

But tomorrow is a new day and Life Is Good is the more accessible of the last three he's been nominated for (they COMPLETELY snubbed Distant Relatives) so I'm definitely holding onto my prediction that he gets RAOTY

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
^^^^

Yea how did "Distant Relative" not get a "Reggae Album of the Year" nod when it was #1 on the Reggae album charts for 3 straight months? That album was perfect for the Grammy's yet they snubbed it with zero nods. I actually thought "Distant Relatives" was going to be his 1st Grammy. I feel like Amy really got NaS's back in spirit. Her vocals on "Cherry Wine" was so soulful, she was speical. "Church in the Wild" is the biggest comp for that grammy cause they loving Frank Ocean now and with him getting beat up by Chris Brown, I'm sure he will get some some awards.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
NaS never won the Grammy cause he never fully went over to the Pop side. Sure he swam in the waters but he went back to shore and never fully crossed over which is why NaS never had a #1 single on the Hot 100. His Biggest hit is a RnB feature with Missy with "Hot Boys". His Biggest solo hit is "I Can". NaS is winning tomorrow cause now it's finally his time.