Official Nas Thread

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
I've been playing "Trust" all day. Seriously what was Nas thinking not putting this gem on the album? it's dope and at the same time fits the theme of the album

"Another day I put a family in black
Though I be calm and relaxed
Though I know somehow it will come back
Even if I’m in the right
Cause still a life is a life
What was it worth...to see you covered in dirt?"

:wow:...the beats, the lyrics.....I think this is my fav song on the album...i like the dark vibe that it has.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
"Another day I put a family in black
Though I be calm and relaxed
Though I know somehow it will come back
Even if I’m in the right
Cause still a life is a life
What was it worth...to see you covered in dirt?"

:wow:...the beats, the lyrics.....I think this is my fav song on the album...i like the dark vibe that it has.

Reminds me of "Hold Down The Block" and "Star Wars." Really spooky vibe. One of my favorites as well, especially the caterpillar line.

Artfull Dodger

All Star
Daps
Reminds me of "Hold Down The Block" and "Star Wars." Really spooky vibe. One of my favorites as well, especially the caterpillar line.

Everytime i listen to it it gives me that Lost tapes feel. Real shyt no Gimmicks:ahh:

Black Roses

Rookie
Daps
Tomorrow :ahh:

tumblr_m5ua841Wdp1ryhltvo1_500.gif

Daps
hes gonna win for Cherry Wine, thats a fact.

but they're gonna shyt on us and him by letting that corny faq win album of the year

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Summer on Smash was clearlY the most hated song in the album. Would it have served Nas better to have gone without Swizzle and his irritating hook and leaked the track early then made it the iTunes bonus track, replacing it with Trust on the retail? That's how I would have done it.

Daps
So Summer on Smash was clearlY the most hated song in the album. Would it have served Nas better to have gone without Swizzle and his irritating hook and leaked the track early then made it the iTunes bonus track, replacing it with Trust on the retail? That's how I would have done it.

It kills the flow of the album..kinda like Braveheart Party did.
I would have replaced it with Where's the Love or Roses.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Grammys tomorrow bruhs. Show love to my Official Hip Hop Grammys thread and let's discuss and debate who we want to win (Nasir obviously) I've posted a bunch of predictions from different media sources online and a bunch of very reputable publications are predicting Nas to get his first Grammy...

http://www.the-coli.com/booth/86400-official-hip-hop-grammys-thread.html

Klos2God

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why wasnt this a single on LIG? :ohlawd:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C7IsA2n2Ec]Nas - You Wouldn't Understand ft. Victoria Monet [Life is Good] - YouTube[/ame]