Official Nas Thread

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a79d4aa4682a11e2b59422000a9f13f8_7.jpg

:skip:

Olu Dara hangin with these white folks...Those Grammys are coming. :wow: :jawalrus:

:whew:

called all this shyt back in december. he's taking home at LEAST one trophy. watch.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol marketing didnt need to be as agile because that was still pre-napster/youtube /megaupload. If you shot a video it would be in rotation for months on Rap City.

Not sure what red tape there would be. I see Nas on the ESPYS and other programming, and see him making videos damn near every 2 weeks...I see no reason why that couldnt have been done a decade ago :manny:

Only variable I see between 2012 and 2002 is the IRS.
I REALLY WISH NAS WOULD ADDRESS THE FANAGERS LIKE YOU...BECAUSE YOU TRULY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. YOU SPECULATE & MAKE ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT ISSUES THAT NAS HIMSELF HAS NO WORRIES ABOUT. THE IRS...is ONLY AN ISSUE FOR GOSSIPERS because those who know (NAS) have no need for concern or speculation. He is entirely to busy making moves that he has been doing for more than a decade. He does business outside of releasing music/videos and does not feel the need to announce it, although at times I wish he would.
Photo by dude_br0 • Instagram

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I REALLY WISH NAS WOULD ADDRESS THE FANAGERS LIKE YOU...BECAUSE YOU TRULY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. YOU SPECULATE & MAKE ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT ISSUES THAT NAS HIMSELF HAS NO WORRIES ABOUT. THE IRS...is ONLY AN ISSUE FOR GOSSIPERS because those who know (NAS) have no need for concern or speculation. He is entirely to busy making moves that he has been doing for more than a decade. He does business outside of releasing music/videos and does not feel the need to announce it, although at times I wish he would.

:whoa: Take it easy breh we stans....not weirdos like you

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

1. I'm too lazy to go back and see in what context that post was made.

2. Nothing in this :cape: diatribe negated anything I said in my post. Nas worked this album better than any other album over the past decade. From interviews, appearances, features, videos (Nasty, The Don, Daughters, Cherry Wine, Bye Baby etc.

Is it really a reach to believe the IRS coming for ya pockets could incentivize ya work ethic? :mjpls:

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Team NaS did an excellent job of not allowing tracks to leak during or after the recording of Life is Good. There were a lot more during and after the Untitled album.

Proclamation (Music Version)
The Fear
Be a ****** too
What it Is
Association
Courthouse
Snitch Alibi
Who Are You
America (Original)
Be Right

My question was, will White Man's Paper ever surface?

I Got All These But Thanks For The Update My Dude

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
The Hip Hop world needs a Nas and Jay album

A lot would have to happen in order for this to work. So far the three songs they have done have been very underwhelming. And that's a huge understatement. Not that they weren't good songs but given the two artist in question,you would think at least two of the three songs would've been classics.
There's many ways for them to build chemistry. They could go the both be featured route a la the I do it for hip hop song. They can drop solo mixtapes and and feature the other a couple times. Or they can just clear their schedules and lock themselves in the studio. Unfortunately, with where they are in their lives,this scenario is highly unlikely at this time. Doesn't stop us from dreaming though:mjpls:

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Literally, looks like the Last Real nikka Alive at that table. :skip:

Play on Playa :youngsabo:

1. I'm too lazy to go back and see in what context that post was made.

2. Nothing in this :cape: diatribe negated anything I said in my post. Nas worked this album better than any other album over the past decade. From interviews, appearances, features, videos (Nasty, The Don, Daughters, Cherry Wine, Bye Baby etc.

Is it really a reach to believe the IRS coming for ya pockets could incentivize ya work ethic? :mjpls:

Yes, it is REALLY a REACH. Nas work ethic has always been intact...he just now has a team (Emagen) that he truly TRUST. So salute Nas' forward thinking management team for proven to Nas that they can be trusted with his career/business dealings. When you trust those around you (Nas never has in the past)...you tend to be more motivated, creative & present (this explains more videos, interviews and accessibility). Some artists use great public relations to announce their accomplishments, Nas just so happens to have NEVER used this tactic in the past and is still not quite comfortable with it (He allowed the public to believe his money was being garnished due to the IRS. Ha!). Even with his past IRS issues Nas NEVER had to worry...shyt happens and besides you can't owe that type of money WITHOUT making that amount plus more.

When you speculate without knowledge you tend to assume things that are not truth. I'm speaking facts...no speculation. Again, I wish Nas would check the false facts but when you are accomplishing goals you have no time to correct people's flawed views of you.

"My success symbolizes loyalty, great friends, dedication, hard work because routine builds character in a world full of rats snakes & scavengers."-Nas

I just wish those fans who try to micro-manage Nas' career (Past, Present & Future) would stop & think first but that must be hard to do in this day and age.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Yes, it is REALLY a REACH. Nas work ethic has always been intact...he just now has a team (Emagen) that he truly TRUST. So salute Nas' forward thinking management team for proven to Nas that they can be trusted with his career/business dealings. When you trust those around you (Nas never has in the past)...you tend to be more motivated, creative & present (this explains more videos, interviews and accessibility). Some artists use great public relations to announce their accomplishments, Nas just so happens to have NEVER used this tactic in the past and is still not quite comfortable with it (He allowed the public to believe his money was being garnished due to the IRS. Ha!). Even with his past IRS issues Nas NEVER had to worry...shyt happens and besides you can't owe that type of money WITHOUT making that amount plus more.

When you speculate without knowledge you tend to assume things that are not truth. I'm speaking facts...no speculation. Again, I wish Nas would check the false facts but when you are accomplishing goals you have no time to correct people's flawed views of you.

"My success symbolizes loyalty, great friends, dedication, hard work because routine builds character in a world full of rats snakes & scavengers."-Nas

I just wish those fans who try to micro-manage Nas' career (Past, Present & Future) would stop & think first but that must be hard to do in this day and age.

nikka said "don't speculate" and wrote this shyt :dead: