Official Nas Thread

4Eyez

Next stop is...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, New York
Does anyone know if Esco is releasing another single/video?? I think it'll be great if he releases another video during the time the album's been dropped.

:smugdraper:

Asdfhhklpiyrewss

All Star
Daps
Does anyone know if Esco is releasing another single/video?? I think it'll be great if he releases another video during the time the album's been dropped.

:smugdraper:

Swizz said they are planning a big video for SOS

Nas said Bye Baby might have a video too

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
Nas On Marvin Gaye's Marriage, Parenting And Rap Genius : NPR

If every rap album is about how you came up in the hood and how you had to make it out of the hood — I'm 38 now; this is my 10th album. I wouldn't want to hear someone be around for a long time talking about the same thing. I want to get to know this person; I want to hear the artist. I want to hear them give me something that I can relate to, other than the fact that everything's about bragging. So today, if I made an album just to sell you a story about how I'm the man, it really doesn't show any human side to me. It's good to talk about what's real and what's relevant.

That song is about that elusive thing which is finding the perfect person, the perfect partner — something that has eluded you as well.

Well, I thought that I found one, and I don't know, bro. I'm messed up out here, man. I got the opportunity to meet people all over the world. Brilliant women, tall women, short women, slim women, thick women, you name it. But, I don't meet them. I have the opportunities to and it's a little bit — I'm a little shy, so I don't meet them and I don't know who's right for me. I looked at people like Harry Belafonte — he's been married like three times; Richard Pryor — he's been married like five times. So many affluent men are faced with finding love problems. I'm sure beautiful, affluent women are faced with the same things sometimes. Halle Berry can't seem to get a break, you know what I'm saying? So, it's just something that I don't know if we'll ever figure out. I hope I do while I'm here.

Daps
great interview by the GOAT..finally someone who asked the right questions.

King Ming

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Azania
Your first record, Illmatic, wasn't
just acclaimed by rap critics but is now widely considered to be one of the all-
time greatest records of any genre ever made.