Official Nas Thread

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
Nas Talks 'Life Is Good,' Wanting Eminem and Jay-Z for "Daughters (Remix)" | Vibe

There are some very savvy features on this album such as Rick Ross, Anthony Hamilton, and the late Amy Winehouse. Were there any other artists that you wanted to collaborate with that didn’t make it on the album?
One of the only other rappers I thought about was AZ. And I wanted Eminem for a remix for “Daughters,” but he had already expressed that he’s spoken so much about his daughter throughout his career that he had done that subject too much. And me and Jay-Z talked about doing some things, but our schedules were so crazy.

VIBE MAGAZINE

your GOD wanted EM on the remix for daughters

why does the GOAT respect EM.. but you dont?

who opinion should i listen to?

hmmmmmmmmmm NAS o0r his mindless jealous stans

ROFL

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
LMAO@ This nikka saying Loco Motive is unnecessary, shyts the best track on the entire album in my honest opinion.

But then again I prefer the early to mid 90s sound of hiphop, and thats basically what that track is a tribute to.

re'up is probably a huge drake fan I bet

I liked it ok, decent beat, and Nas killed it, esp. the third verse, just unnecessary to me, too much of a recreation of a dated sound, I thought he did that much more effortlessly and fluidly on 'Reach Out', 'Nasty', and even 'Trust'. I get that was what it was for, but I would prob. leave it as a bonus track. The intro wasn't my favorite either, the beat mostly, I think. It's cool, it just fit the verses very well. I would re arrange a little, edit, throw on at least one more jazz heavy track like 'Stay', as it stands album is a B+/B, to me.

Slanderous, me being a huge Drake fan, I fukk with him like any pop artist, but as a rapper, I don't really listen to him.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Eminem should never turn down a hip hop legend and pioneer...Especially one that inspired and influenced him to record his first EP and defended his racist rants..This would be like Elvis refusing a request from Chuck Berry...The audcacity of this cac...

Atleast it deads all the speculation of Nas bein scared to get on a track wit him...

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Queens Story is fukking ill, the way the beat keep changing, and them strings, salaam gets mad daps for that one. That shyt dont remind me of Who Killed It in the slightest. Queens Story is how that Nas/Primo classical orchestra track should have sounded.

Word. It's like a movie taking us through Queens. So cinematic.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah, now I remember the name (7th Seal) was not very good. The beat selection was the problem / production because Ra can still rap.

Return of the Boom Blip.... if KRS can do what Nas did, it will be excellent for the fans. We all know KRS can still KILL IT on the mic, its just a matter of will he get good production. Hip Hop Lives is def a dope modern KRS joint but I know he can create an even better joint. Cant wait for his new shyt. :ohlawd:

What did you think of The BDP album? I thought that sh*t was better than the Survival Skills album AND Hip Hop Lives (which was pretty dope already). It was good production, decent to good hooks and lyrically KRS sounded very hungry.

Very solid album overall.

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
Queens Story sounds like a score from a Spike Lee joint, dope vibe. I hope future NYC rappers stay true to their home sound rather then jumping on southern instrumentals all the time.

KRS-One, the blessed one needs to make a comeback asap. There are still people who are fans of poetry and who dose not listen to club songs all the time.

Has anybody switched out the CD yet? I went back to Distant Relatives and Me Against The World and right back to Life Is Good.

Daps
Eminem should never turn down a hip hop legend and pioneer...Especially one that inspired and influenced him to record his first EP and defended his racist rants..This would be like Elvis refusing a request from Chuck Berry...The audcacity of this cac...

I'm not sure anyone's willing to put up with Em whine about his daughter anymore.

Funcrusher

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Co-muthafukkin sign. Gotdamn! If he go on tour with this band, I'm coming to a show. :whoo:

I went to his concert in Amsterdam a few weeks ago, and he had a complete band. To be honest, that shyt was not cool at all. They had 2 electric guitars, that made basically every beat from Illmatic unrecognisable. The drums were too loud and completely unnecessary, because Green Lantern was on the boards and there was a perfect sound system. So no, Nas with a live band was dissapointing.
Still glad I went though, seeing Nas live was quite the experience. Still the guy that made Illmatic, it was a woa feeling throughout.