Official Nas Thread

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's called exercising and not eating McDonalds/Burger King/Chinese food everyday. Something black people aren't willing to do (especially black women).

alg_overweight_woman_fruit.jpg

image.php

Nastradamus. Is pretty solid.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Hip Hop CANNOT deny Nas his props on this album. I felt he got shafted when it came to the praise he and Damien deserved for Distant Relatives. I don't care who the fukk Def Jam gotta pay off to get the recognition but this album deserves to be on Time's top ten list, Rolling Stones top ten, a glowing 5 Mic review in the Source and multiple Grammy nominations. THIS album cannot be a come and go type album. I know Nas himself don't even care like that, but HIP HOP needs these types of albums to succeed and get their proper due. The last album that I was genuinely excited and happy to see get universal praise was Only Built For Cuban Linx pt2. Life Is Good is a crowning achievement in lyricism, subject matter, and flow. It needs to be given a big push

Maumee

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn this album is amazing... i think its easily Nas's most important album... has any other rapper of this prestige embraced growth like Nas?

:krs:

:beli:

this shyt is just plain and simple getting out of hand. im sorry.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh: easily Nas best album since Stillmatic,liked GodSon too...last 3 albums been wack to me...completely boring and uninspired regardless if u liked the content...this album is completely different,first half of the album I don't like probaly half of the songs but u still get not only what u want from Nas lyrically but also the delivery is waaaaay better then the uninspired bored shyt he did on the last 3 imo so first half not a fail by any stretch....this nikka bringing raw agression on this one and not just counting on being able to deliver lyrically which he can do effortlessly.....finally dude seem like he cares what he spittin about again to me and ain't just goin thru the motions.....second half of the album:krs: "Bye Bye Baby","Understand",Roses, luv em all.....Second half of the album is basically flawless...welcome back Nas:obama:

Hov u know what needs to be done now:win: drop that classic

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Amazing album.

The only thing that can be knocked on here are the hooks.

His flow on every verse :wow:

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Yo that "Trust" joint is Nas circa 2011. Stillmatic shyt. Fire

Daps
Reppin
NULL
nas decided not to slow down his flow and he just went for it on this sh!t, i bet you eminem's album probably made him feel comfortable enough to do that. you don't have to slow down for these idiots, they'll just listen a bunch of times until they catch it. nas's patterns and flows are mind blowing, no wonder he runs out of breath so much, ha, he spittin madd words with madd weird internal rhyme patterns. yeah, i listen for that type of sh!t. the bars on the first verse of "black bond" sound pretty direct but there's maddddd sh!t goin on internally in them bars. best ever

Daps
At night, New York, eat a slice too hot
Use my tongue to tear the skin hangin' from the roof of my mouth
shyt was felissimo, melted pot, city sweltering hot
Staggerin' drunker than those cops that 2pac shot
I was a crook by the train with that iron thing, concealed
Reachin', soon as I heard them iron wheels screechin'
When it came to a halt whoever walked off got caught
Token man safe behind a locked door for sure
Minor thief shyt, minor league shyt, beastin'
Lookin' for the juks young, but now we older chiefin'
In my truck, play The Greatest Adventures of Slick Rick
Buggin' on how his imagination was so sick
It's ghetto beef, sinister nikkas snicker through yellow teeth
Alcohol agin' my nikkas faster than felonies
How dare I? Must be, somethin' in the air that corrupts me
Look at my upkeep, owned and sublease
I'm here y'all

:obama:

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
Project Window, Life We Chose, and Last Words are some of the best songs he's ever recorded. So I don't know how you can say his flow fell off on Nastradamus. People can say they didn't like his direction, but Nas could always rap better than everybody else.
Word. To this day, whenever i hear the second verse from "Life We Chose" I'm left with the
kanyeg.png
face like i'm hearing it for the first time all over again