Official Nas Thread

Ian1362

david ruffin in the flesh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Outside of the sample being used to ad nauseum (hell, it's still a good beat anywayz, always has been and they add to it nicely), folks are tripping with not liking Reach Out. Some of his coldest lyrics are on that gem. I think Mary does her thing in a typical sense, not outstanding, but nothing worth complaining over and gets the job done, so....:manny:

4.5/5 track right there, easily.

I agree with this.

Cool use of it, but other dudes have already done that Hayes/Biz sample as well if not better than Nas has (TODAY by Royce Da 59 comes to mind).

Definitely like the track though.

Digga38

The seperation between what's fake and what's real
Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
Looks like Kelis really motivated this nikka...he clearly is on another level when he is focused...etc stillmatic (jay beef) Life is good (Kelis divorce)

Eli Porter

Rookie
Daps
I feel like most of the features aren't really able to compete with him, so I end up skipping those tracks.

Amy Winehouse has the best feature IMO

WHAT?? Usually I agree. But I really think the chick on You Wouldnt Understand did that song justice.. I love that song

It sounds autotuned (or some other effect) which makes me find her voice annoying. Nas does his thing but when I hear the hook I just wanna press skip :yeshrug:

deeznutz

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
GTA
I think the beauty of this album is the fact that I am literally confused as to what song I want to listen to (except that jizz beatz track) normally when I hear an album I usually have about 3-5 go to tracks that I play the fukk out but when I'm at work on my ipod I have a hard time deciding what song I want to listen to at that moment. This tells me this album is overall dope as fukk

for instance Game's R.E.D. album my go to tracks were mostly the intro track with kendrick lamar, Ricky and Born in the Trap whereas the rest of the tracks I had to force myself to really listen to without wanting to go back to the three tracks mentioned.

A seriously great album :to:

Daps
how is it prodigy? Nas and P squashed their shyt when he came out..they even recorded together etc. Your wrong..

Right after P came out, he wrote a book dissing many of his friends and pissing off all of QB apparently. It's implied this "beef" has simmered down, and that the verse is just how he feels about the dude. The verse refers to the dude getting locked up as well

It could just be about his heckler's though. :manny:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Right after P came out, he wrote a book dissing many of his friends and pissing off all of QB apparently. It's implied this "beef" has simmered down, and that the verse is just how he feels about the dude.

peeping it now..it does mention about the man being locked up etc..
If it is about P..then damn that's some strong words for him.