Official Nas Thread

iPod Raheem 2.0

D, mother****er, D.
Daps
Reppin
Event Staff Correctional Facility

I guess this is a good look because it gains Nas some exposure and shows that he's still relevant as an artist. I just think the media be :troll:ing rappers too damn much.

Case in point:

In the version of "Daughters" I have, Nas only says nikka once in the whole damn song. Not according to Soledad.

O'BRIEN: So as a parent, do you - I mean, I have the lyrics here, if I were going to like read this to my kid, I'd be like expletive, expletive, expletive, "n" word, "n" word, expletive, expletive. Do you go through - I mean, is this going to change, or - or do you think about changing how you - you write the lyrics? I mean, why the "n" word all the time?

:wtf: Did you actually listen to the record? My shyt says "for brothers with daughters." I know the unreleased version got nikka all over the hook but I guarantee you that's not the record you heard.

Second, why are y'all always asking the same damn question: "Your lyrics are kind of violent/inappropriate/politically incorrect. Why do you talk that way?" :wtb:

Nas basically responded that the word nikka was spoken regularly in the culture he grew up in and that he says nikka in his raps now because it's part of the vernacular of the people who listen to his music.

Nevertheless, Soledad said fukk all that and kept on :troll:ing.

O'BRIEN: But if someone said to your daughter the "n" word, right? You would go and kill that person, I would bet, no?

:what:

I'm probably coming off more aggy than I should be. shyt just vexes me.

Anyway, with all that out the way, the interview with NaS was alright...and Soledad O'Brien :noah: is one of the more beautiful :troll:s.

Can't wait to hear the album. Looking forward to hearing initial impressions of tomorrow's listening session. :win:

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Yeah, I didn't really get where Soledad was coming from with the "expletives". That's not what I got from the song.

Daps
i don't want to click through this whole thread so i'll just ask... is "1999" the next single or something?

No that's a mixtape by Joey Badass.

I doubt there will be any more singles; release is less than 5 weeks away.