Official Nas Thread

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
fukk it

nas fans wont admit it

but that "daughters" snt what we want...

the stans willl gas the shyt but they not sincere

we want an 0'12 "made you look" daughters is a quality song for what he is but its not :gladbron:

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
Made you look is overrated.

I prefer the conscious "teacha" Nas.

My fav song from that album is Revolutionary Warfare.

Daughters is dope imo and is a necessary hiphop track even if I myself can't relate to it

no kids :win:

Nas is hiphop's Stokley Carmichael....u wanna hear generic thug shyt then listen to 50 cent or somebody else

Daps
fukk it

nas fans wont admit it

we want an 0'12 "made you look" daughters is a quality song for what he is but its not :gladbron:

We already have "The Don", if you want something close to a "Made You Look" clone. However, he's said himself that the album is mostly about his everyday life, so there's no reason to expect too many simple bangers (although I'm sure he'll have one or two at the very least).

What makes or breaks this album, for me, is whether he chooses to pull a Common and stick and uncredited hook on every song. Regardless of the subject matter, at this point he should carrying the tracks on his own; that's what people who are looking for this album want to hear. So far, the input we've gotten from No I.D. and himself points toward this, but even Common said that his own album was about "having no features", and we know how that turned out.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
fukk it

nas fans wont admit it

:what: what do you think Nasty was? A 2012 Made You Look...

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Me personally, I want another It Was Written, but if that's not where his head is at, or even more importantly where his life is at, then so be it. At the end of the day Nas has to do Nas.

On another note, I finally gave Marvin's Here My Dear a thorough listen, and it's definately one of his better albums. If Nas' is doing something similar, we might be in for a pleasant surprise, although I can't say the same for Kelis.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My dream too, is for another IWW :ahh:

But, I've come to accept that Nas could never duplicate what he did on that album. And, just look forward to his new material. At least we will always have that album to remind us the most incredible display of lyricism (imo) on wax.

I'm kind of mad that I've already heard Nasty, The Don, and Daughters.

I wanted to get the same experience I did when Rae dropped OB4CL2. The first time I heard anything from that album is when I bought it that Tuesday.

I can't imagine the frenzy that will occur when Life Is Good leak drops?

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Listneing to NAsty right now :ahh:

"name a nicca under the same sky that I'm under"

:ahh: