Official Nas Thread

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Topsters 3

Dr is flawless but it's more of Damian marley vision all other it. I ranked it almost by default

Nastradamus is not bad but kinda bores me except a couple tracks and to me he was trying to much to copy the trends on it

Only thing where I hesitated was magic or kd3. I put magic 3 because of the dark tone but kd3 is so impressive. It could be top 5 too.
Life is good deluxe gods son and Kd2 are pretty even to me.
Kd1 and magic 2 are on the same level too. But I love magic 2 now. I was disappointed in the first listen but after a few months I love it now. It's so cinematic. Nas is just flawless on it. And that's the one who respect the most the magic theme

I am got nysom 2 small world hate me now nas is like and Undying love that 5 alone puts it above magic 3 to me
Understand about Nastradamus I feel the same about SD & HHID both bore me outside of Nasir my least played Nas albums:manny:. You're right about Magic vs KD3. He has like 5 albums that can be debated top 5 material catalog is absurd:dead:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Music industry in general is that way. Nature of the business and how shady it is make artists paranoid, feelings get hurt over business and money issues all the time.

But with this, Hit-Boy got multiple interviews from January this year where he bigging up Nas, talking about how great he is to work with. Hard to believe Nas did him so dirty in the last 5 months that they got major issues now. I can see Hit being tight if Nas was supposed to come through with a verse on Big Hit album and didn't. But that ain't some crazy, shady move to the point where Hit would never work with him again like this dude implying.

Yeah that's what confused me cause even as recenty as when Nas dropped the Premier song, Hit was in there giving props. Havent seen him say anything since so IF there was any static its some recent shyt. I hope it aint true and its just a nikka flapping his gums for attention.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
I been telling myself I’m gonna get a fire record player and get into actual records heavy for like 7 years now lol, I gotta stop pump faking. I really only wanted to do it for all the soul albums I got, build a collection…might wanna get some hip hop jawns now too. People into vinyl swear that all this digital shhit we got is a travesty in comparison, doesn’t come close to the true/real sound of the record, quality wise
I’ll just tell you it depends on the quality of the pressing of the vinyl as not all are equal and the quality of your setup. I just find it dope as fukk to have something physical to hold. I like streaming too but vinyl is a different experience. shyt can be expensive though so be careful.

Mike Wins

All Star
Daps
Had the KD and Magic albums in rotation this past week. So many quality tracks on these. Couple underrated ones I was reminded of. Never see these mentioned but I fukk with em:whew:

"I'm OJ with the memorabilia, had to steal it back like the Nas flow we be hearing on your tracks:

"Slicker than Desi Arnaz, on my Copacobana flow"

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Music industry in general is that way. Nature of the business and how shady it is make artists paranoid, feelings get hurt over business and money issues all the time.

But with this, Hit-Boy got multiple interviews from January this year where he bigging up Nas, talking about how great he is to work with. Hard to believe Nas did him so dirty in the last 5 months that they got major issues now. I can see Hit being tight if Nas was supposed to come through with a verse on Big Hit album and didn't. But that ain't some crazy, shady move to the point where Hit would never work with him again like this dude implying.

I doubt it but also not so impossible to imagine. Business can be tough. Nas has a history of ironing out internal issues with everyone. Nas also will pop out and then disappear on people. He's just a natural recluse.

Hitboy has a pinned comment.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water

Hitboy has a pinned comment.

If Nas changed his mind and only ever wanted Hitboy to do his albums from here on out it wouldnt even bother me. Unlike that one clown that mailed in a Nas project, Hit actually takes it serious to work with an artist of that caliber.

Mike Wins

All Star
Daps
Now that the Hit-Boy rumor been deaded, we should acknowledge basically everyone that had a problem with Nas was someone he did a lot for but thought he owed more. Or was a Nas Stan that got mad he ain't show the same love in return.

But he never stopped helping dudes out. Most don't even know about J. Myers (Jamaal Sublett). Dude was sort of a neo soul singer-guitarist-rapper from the Bay. Got introduced to Nas, opened for him on the HHID tour, produced a few tracks on Untitled, played instruments and did hooks on others. Don't know if he even still doing music professionally, but he was talented and Nas gave him an opportunity just off the strength. And he done that for a lot of artists.

Mike Wins

All Star
Daps
If Nas changed his mind and only ever wanted Hitboy to do his albums from here on out it wouldnt even bother me. Unlike that one clown that mailed in a Nas project, Hit actually takes it serious to work with an artist of that caliber.

Like I said I been running these albums back lately. They not fully appreciated now but will be in time. The quality of the overall body of work is crazy.