Official Nas Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Speaking of Life is Good... was listening to Stay today

Nas really needs to explain the second verse. Its weird as hell. I need a breakdown from him.

I really don’t feel its weird at all. I’m not from the hood but I always had homies from different hoods and their interactions with each other sometimes played out EXACTLY like the second verse. Or even in just everyday real life there are people you don’t particularly care for that if something bad were to happen to them it would make you rethink or even reassess your negative feelings towards them. Hell that second verse PERFECTLY encapsulates Nas relationship with Mega, Prodigy and to a lessor extent Jay-Z. Nas never really liked Jay throughout their early history but I bet if Jay were to have died during any point during their battle years, despite all of the bad blood, Nas would have felt bad. Nas and Tupac had a weird, competitive, admirable and at times adversarial relationship but when Pac died Nas cried.

Its the type of trauma bonding that many many black men deal with when it comes to our dealings with each other that many don’t have the capacity to express or define. The fact that Nas did so poetically is the reason why he’s the greatest lyricist to ever live.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I really don’t feel its weird at all. I’m not from the hood but I always had homies from different hoods and their interactions with each other sometimes played out EXACTLY like the second verse. Or even in just everyday real life there are people you don’t particularly care for that if something bad were to happen to them it would make you rethink or even reassess your negative feelings towards them. Hell that second verse PERFECTLY encapsulates Nas relationship with Mega, Prodigy and to a lessor extent Jay-Z. Nas never really liked Jay throughout their early history but I bet if Jay were to have died during any point during their battle years, despite all of the bad blood, Nas would have felt bad. Nas and Tupac had a weird, competitive, admirable and at times adversarial relationship but when Pac died Nas cried.

Its the type of trauma bonding that many many black men deal with when it comes to our dealings with each other that many don’t have the capacity to express or define. The fact that Nas did so poetically is the reason why he’s the greatest lyricist to ever live.
It's literally him and Mega's relationship in the past. It's why when Mega was beefing with Nas and people were coming at Mega. Mega said "if Nas saw me in danger and saw yall in danger who u think he will come help?.." or something to that effect. That 2nd verse gives me chills till this day.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps

Ok ok..

I guess it does describe them QB guys bi polar relationships 🤷

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
It's literally him and Mega's relationship in the past. It's why when Mega was beefing with Nas and people were coming at Mega. Mega said "if Nas saw me in danger and saw yall in danger who u think he will come help?.." or something to that effect. That 2nd verse gives me chills till this day.
Yeah I always saw it as him and Mega. There were a few points during their beef where they connected with each other due to personal stuff:

- Nas mom's dying
- Nas being in the hospital
- One of Mega's day ones either died or went to jail, and Nas hit him up out of nowhere.

I remember during one of the infamous Hot 97 Braveheart sessions, Jungle was popping mad shyt about Mega and Nas was just like "man I wish we could be boys again :yeshrug:", he also intervened when Jungle made fun of HORSE for backing out of the Bravehearts during their beef.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
If we keeping it a buck, them Nas & RZA joints don’t really have high replay value on LT 2.

But it’s not a bad album, majority of them range from decent to good & QB Politics is just a straight classic.

It’s probably a 3.25 type album, maybe 3.5.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
If we keeping it a buck, them Nas & RZA joints don’t really have high replay value on LT 2.

But it’s not a bad album, majority of them range from decent to good & QB Politics is just a straight classic.

It’s probably a 3.25 type album, maybe 3.5.

Highly Favored is one of my favorite joints. RZA laced it and Nas floated

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
Far as LT2, yeah it got a good number of good songs. But not many great ones, and ain't cohesive at all. Vernon Family is dope but it sound like something recorded around HHID era, you got other stuff that sound like it was recorded around 2015, Queens Wolf is a funny concept but needed another verse. It really feel like a collection of B-sides and throwaways recorded over 10 years.

Whereas LT1 was recorded 1998-2001 for the lost classic "real" I Am, and Stillmatic. So it sound focused and cohesive and it was Nas in his prime. They almost should have called it Death of Escobar like the title floating around in 2000 and thrown a few more of the unreleased tracks on like Rise and Fall and Amongst Kings on there. But it's near perfect as is.