Official Nas Thread

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio
Untitled was damn near a masterpiece. That album lyrically and conceptually is one of the most important bodies of work released by a Hip Hop artist this decade.

I cant really argue with this if I was giving SD and HHID 7 ...untitled is 8/10 or better ... shouldnt have grouped them all together

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Untitled, SD and HHID weren't at the same level as Stillmatic, God Son and the Lost Tapes.

I bought them all, but while the concepts and subject matter were dope, the beats (HHID had a few good ones) and nas' lazy slow flow brought down the overall quality of the albums.

I can't say that about anything about any of these joints released.

Untitled had some gems on it. It was better than his 2 previous offerings. And the album with Damian Marley was dope.

Dopey

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Untitled had some gems on it. It was better than his 2 previous offerings. And the album with Damian Marley was dope.

Agreed. Untitled's concept was fantastic and joints like Slave and the master Fried Chicken and Queens Get the Money were amazing. But the beats on joints like sly fox (great message) The choruses on America and we're not alone (Kelis ugh) Just were a bit amateurish. Project roach also wasn't his shining moment in concept songs.

PasteGod

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
SD and HHID were garbage 5/10 I'm a Nas fanatic and I was mad disappointed. Untitled though 8.5/10 easy without Hero 9.5/10. Testify might be a top 5 nas song.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
re: Frank Oceans song with Nas for Life is Good

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/08/arts/music/frank-oceans-channel-orange.html?pagewanted=3&_r=2

"There was also a collaboration with Nas, “No Such Thing as White Jesus,” that was unfortunately lost to a technological mishap. Mr. Ocean expressed regret that album deadlines prevented him from recreating the song from scratch, and he broke into song to capture what was lost:

Whatever you do, young king, don’t wind up dead

Young queen, cross your legs,

Put a crown on your head and remove the chains

’Cause even diamond chains are for slaves,

Don’t set foot in no penitentiary

And don’t taste the poison

Don’t you bail on your families"

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
The only track I'm unsure about, purely from the tracklist, is the Swizz track. Everything else (unheard) I've no doubt will be fire.

The Piff Gawd

Last Real Nikka Alive
Daps
Not feeling the first 7 songs (yeah blasphemy i know...shut the fukk up :childplease:). Those beats are wack as fukk. Especially the songs everyone here is :to: over. Brah, the production on those joints is garbage, shyt sound like wack versions of stale dj premier beats :skip::scusthov::flabbynsick: Nikkas actually fukk with Accidental Murderers and Loco-Motive?? :scusthov: Nas is spitting but them joints is corny :ld:

The Don is also garbage :sitdown:

Startin with Summer On Smash tho, album sound fire

Bye Baby :ohlawd::whoo:

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio
re: Frank Oceans song with Nas for Life is Good

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/08/arts/music/frank-oceans-channel-orange.html?pagewanted=3&_r=2

"There was also a collaboration with Nas, “No Such Thing as White Jesus,” that was unfortunately lost to a technological mishap. Mr. Ocean expressed regret that album deadlines prevented him from recreating the song from scratch, and he broke into song to capture what was lost:

Whatever you do, young king, don’t wind up dead

Young queen, cross your legs,

nas dodging bullets
neo-dodging-bullets.jpg

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
Not feeling the first 7 songs (yeah blasphemy i know...shut the fukk up :childplease:). Those beats are wack as fukk. Especially the songs everyone here is :to: over. Brah, the production on those joints is garbage, shyt sound like wack versions of stale dj premier beats :skip::scusthov::flabbynsick: Nikkas actually fukk with Accidental Murderers and Loco-Motive?? :scusthov: Nas is spitting but them joints is corny :ld:

The Don is also garbage :sitdown:

Startin with Summer On Smash tho, album sound fire

Bye Baby :ohlawd::whoo:
lol at a clown that types in pink font calling anything corny. You have ZERO credibility, breh.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm proud of myself for holding out to the 17.

I AM, IWW, Untitled, Nastradamus :huhldup:, Black Moon, GZA, Joey Badass, and Madlib has been easing the faminie.

:pacspit: at all the Nas CDQ threads on the first page. :noah::to::deadrose: