Official Nas Thread

Asdfhhklpiyrewss

All Star
Daps
Nas's last two solo albums have debuted number 1 with limited publicity from the def jam machine. Neither Hip Hop Is Dead nor Hero tore up the airwaves as singles. Nas's albums sell based off of the loyalty of his fanbase. I HIGHLY doubt he'll flop. This album has actually received more promo from The label than his previous two. He had his Behind the Music special, the NFL draft, hes been on CNN discussing Daughters, all of the top music blogs are anticipating this album.

I'm guesstimating between 175-220k first week. His buzz is only getting more positive...

doubt it

100-150 tops

thekidfromqueens

the best borough
Daps
Reppin
Southside, Queens
This is the album that's finally gonna get the GOAT the grammy he deserves. That being said, I said this in another thread. Who remembers that Dirty Harry Nas mixtape? They had Nas vocals mixed over that sample (in Reach out) ( I forget what song, someone remind me) and I thought he was tailor made for that beat. I didn't think anyone could top Jay over that sample in "Still got love for you" (probably my favorite Jay verse) but the GOAT comes through once again.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This is the album that's finally gonna get the GOAT the grammy he deserves. That being said, I said this in another thread. Who remembers that Dirty Harry Nas mixtape? They had Nas vocals mixed over that sample (in Reach out) ( I forget what song, someone remind me) and I thought he was tailor made for that beat. I didn't think anyone could top Jay over that sample in "Still got love for you" (probably my favorite Jay verse) but the GOAT comes through once again.

Daughters and Cherry Wine will definitely have good chances to win their categories - in fact I really think Cherry Wine will outright win the rap duet/collab grammy. Most of the people who decide the Grammys are old cacs plus a few black industry types who love Nas, they'll love that shyt b.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Yes I remember, matter of fact it was a freestyle where he sent some shots at 50. I need to relisten to that mixtape, shyt was epic...

Nas deserves a Grammy for this off the simple fact that he was robbed in 09 for Best Rap Album. Untitled should've beaten that trash Lil Wayne garbage

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
T-shirt bundle for me, no idea how long it'll take to get over here though lol

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:win::win::win:Ain't no grammy's for kasir lones. Duke ain't get a Grammy for distant relatives or the single he had with that Michelle singer or whatever her fat ass name is, he ain't getting one ever. He just ain't on it like that. He don't try hard for one like others do. He do his music and keep it moving while others push hard to get awards. Let's get over wishing he get one cuz he damn sure don't give a fukk.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
I hope everybody will jump on the deluxe version, totally worth it

I'm waiting to hear trust (i'm a put it on the cowon too) and the don dada remix of the don

I pre ordre the full box set, but it ain't coming through till august for me I think :sadbron:

So i'ma wait for the full leak

iPod Raheem 2.0

D, mother****er, D.
Daps
Reppin
Event Staff Correctional Facility
its crazy thinkin nas was originally leading in to this new album with "who are you" and "snitch alibi".

I'm pretty sure "Who Are You" was leftover from the Untitled era. Snitch Alibi seemed like just an unreleased track. I don't even think Nas ever acknowledged those.

Any of y'all brothas know where I can find a version of Who Are You with no tags?

My first time hearing it :lawd:

WOLF2007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If nas was an athlete we would say he was on roids. No way son should be this good 20yrs in. Can someone leak this sh*t.. This is torture

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
the streets raised me up, givin a f*ck
I thought jordans and a gold chain was livin it up