Official Nas Thread

Wudo75

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
had Nas on the phone for an interview a few weeks ago, and he was like "I wanted that 90s feeling"
Me thinking: Blabla bring real Hip Hop back blabla
After Reach out: will go straight to the church and thank god. everday.

Eli Porter

Rookie
Daps
Given that everyone here thinks Life Is Good will be AOTY (me included) does that mean it will flop?

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its crazy thinkin nas was originally leading in to this new album with "who are you" and "snitch alibi".

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
who are you is crazy, but I thought it was meant for ****** no ?

also reach is great but I regret that he choose taht sample, it's a great one but to much artist jumped on that. I remembert the track from Foxy Brow's Married to the Firm

H.S.

All Star
Daps
its crazy thinkin nas was originally leading in to this new album with "who are you" and "snitch alibi".

I'm pretty sure "Who Are You" was leftover from the Untitled era. Snitch Alibi seemed like just an unreleased track. I don't even think Nas ever acknowledged those.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Given that everyone here thinks Life Is Good will be AOTY (me included) does that mean it will flop?

Nas's last two solo albums have debuted number 1 with limited publicity from the def jam machine. Neither Hip Hop Is Dead nor Hero tore up the airwaves as singles. Nas's albums sell based off of the loyalty of his fanbase. I HIGHLY doubt he'll flop. This album has actually received more promo from The label than his previous two. He had his Behind the Music special, the NFL draft, hes been on CNN discussing Daughters, all of the top music blogs are anticipating this album.

I'm guesstimating between 175-220k first week. His buzz is only getting more positive...

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Cherry Wine trending on twitter:myman:

Calling it right now: Nas gonna get a Grammy for best hip hop collab

H.S.

All Star
Daps
lyrically it was on point, i was more so speaking on the energy he got now. he hungry.

Oh no doubt. The nuance of that song is crazy though. The whole story and how he ties it together. But it's not something that jumps right out at people.

Prolific

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas going Gold off the strength of his fan base...After that it's anyone's guess but I have a feeling Cherry Wine will blow if they release it as a single and possibly do a video...

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the fact that DR didn't move units, I'm not optomistic about sales. It really depends on those fringe fans. It would be nice to see a dope album move units though. either way, my personal enjoyment has never been based on sales.