Official Nas Thread

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
first of all, I don';t know much about this new A&R dude Nas is going to rolling with but if he picks great beats then good. I was very please with Nas' beats on LIG and DR. However, if Nas is going to have about 12-13 tracks on his new album and 10 of them are done, like it was stated earlier... what, the new A & R is gonna pick the last two beats? Surely Nas already had some heat recorded over the last two years before this dude was set to come into the picture. They can't be starting over because Nas Album Done, right? Someone enlighten me.
I should have also expressed that Nas has restarted his recording process over several times throughout the past 3 years. So therefore, the most recent process has involved Hop from the start. It was important that Nas had someone to motivate him with his own music project, especially when his plate was full with other projects that he was obligated to produce and write music for i.e.: The Land and The Get Down.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
good idea !

speaking of which. What'up with the documentary with Nas and other genras musicians. We never saw that documentary with nas and several musicians of other musical genres
I think you are talking about The American Epic Sessions with Jack White, Elton John, Nas, Willie Nelson, Raphael Saadiq and others. It's set to be released later this year (probably around Grammy season).

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
I think you are talking about The American Epic Sessions with Jack White, Elton John, Nas, Willie Nelson, Raphael Saadiq and others. It's set to be released later this year (probably around Grammy season).

yeah that's it. I'm looking for this. I have to grab the fresh dressed film too

On a musical note I would have to see nas (and az) rap on retro new wave shyt 80's shyt (kinda like stanger things intro) or prodigy's product of the 80's

H.S.

All Star
Daps
yeah that's it. I'm looking for this. I have to grab the fresh dressed film too

On a musical note I would have to see nas (and az) rap on retro new wave shyt 80's shyt (kinda like stanger things intro) or prodigy's product of the 80's

I love Product of the 80s and Big Twin's Project Kid album for that reason. Kind of a shame that more artist didn't work with Sid Roams in general, because they nailed that sound.

ChiTownGuevera

All Star
Daps
i never really understood the whole jay signing nas deal thing..when it was LA Reid who signed Nas to def jam...and it was the most lucrative deal in def jam history...

its funny how so many ppl overlook this fact n just ran away with the ducktales, especially all the hiphop media outlets & givin jay dikkriders somethin to hold on to

just one more reason why hiphop journalist n publications are to be blamed for the downfall of hiphop...
its either poor journalism or instigating shyt or just creatin a folk tale out of thin air...

blame them for east/west coast beef..they instigated that whole shyt...

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I was listening to this yesterday (59 sec mark)

Its a few years old now though :francis: wonder if that makes the album or if its something we hear on the lost tapes. Also seen his old breakfast club interview and they were all confused as to why you wont see me tonight wasnt released as a single, that record could have been huge

Probably because I Am's entire release got bungled from the beginning with the infamous leak. By the time I am was at the point where you'd put out a third single and spend money on a video, Nas and the label were pushing Nastradamus

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

I hadn't listened to this joint in a grip.

If you knew my streets
You would know all everybody talk about is who got beef
Who's snitchin', who told police
Who came home, who's still gone, who rest in peace
Now they killin' over music money, not drugs, rap replaced it
Cause thugs with no brains got no patience
New jacks I pistol whip 'em with the funky rhythm I be kickin'
Musician, inflictin' composition of pain
I'm like Saddam Hussein
Still alive lookin' at his dead children's burnt remains :wow:
I birthed the game, learnt you lames a new lesson
Your crew's soft man, ya'll need some new weapons