Official Nas Thread

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Good Day Everyone!!!! Quick question: As Nas fans what would you like to hear and see him do more (besides music or movies)? How can he better give you guys insight into his life?

Exhibit A:

Nas is hands down one of the more entertaining and enlightening ambassadors of rap. When he talks about the history of rap, the culture of hip-hop, the instrumentalities of the music, the artists that impacted him and his community--when he talks about that kind of shyt it's just dope. He respects this. He embodies this. It's not just a way to make money. It's not just a way to get fame. He's serious about this. Him giving his perspective about the art, music, and culture not only provides insight about him but it also is capturing who we are and what we're about.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
As mentioned by @Life is Good here is the Anthony Saleh interview on Rap Radar: Rap Radar Podcast

His part starts at 36:00 minute mark. Starts talking about Nas at 40:00.

- Nas having fun with being able to shake up the game anytime he wants to
- Kyambo "Hip Hop 1978" Joshua is A&Ring it
- Ant was nervous when they decided to do the Nas Album Done song on Khaled's album because he wasn't sure if it would actually be done
- Nas' album will probably have about 12-13 songs
- He's completed about 10-11 songs so far
- Nas' mention about Bevel on the Khaled song really is making Bevel pop right now

I don't see the episode on there....

Edit- never mind I got it!

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good Day Everyone!!!! Quick question: As Nas fans what would you like to hear and see him do more (besides music or movies)? How can he better give you guys insight into his life?

I know he is mad private but it would be nice to see a day in life of Nas. Maybe like a short documentary for his life today. Also it would be dope if he did listening sessions in a few major cities where select fans could attend.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
As mentioned by @Life is Good here is the Anthony Saleh interview on Rap Radar: Rap Radar Podcast

His part starts at 36:00 minute mark. Starts talking about Nas at 40:00.

- Nas having fun with being able to shake up the game anytime he wants to
- Kyambo "Hip Hop 1978" Joshua is A&Ring it
- Ant was nervous when they decided to do the Nas Album Done song on Khaled's album because he wasn't sure if it would actually be done
- Nas' album will probably have about 12-13 songs
- He's completed about 10-11 songs so far
- Nas' mention about Bevel on the Khaled song really is making Bevel pop right now

Ok, hype levels to the roof now. That almost guarantees the beats are going to be fire.

:wow:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Nas has done any and everything needed. At this point I respect and support everything he does.

I WOULD very much enjoy Nas bigging up and going in depth more with his albums after Illmatic. For instance I would've really liked a 20th Anniversary commemoration for IWW. I know Trackmasters and Steve Stoute did the Complex article, but IWW is such an important, poignant, and controversial aspect of Nas's career it would've been cool to see maybe a 10-15 minute documentary, maybe 1-2 concerts where he performs the album in full. Something like that

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Nas has done any and everything needed. At this point I respect and support everything he does.

I WOULD very much enjoy Nas bigging up and going in depth more with his albums after Illmatic. For instance I would've really liked a 20th Anniversary commemoration for IWW. I know Trackmasters and Steve Stoute did the Complex article, but IWW is such an important, poignant, and controversial aspect of Nas's career it would've been cool to see maybe a 10-15 minute documentary, maybe 1-2 concerts where he performs the album in full. Something like that

I'd love to see Nas more involved in hip hop documentaries in general. Other genres (especially rock and jazz) have so many dope documentaries about albums, live shows, whatever. Would be cool to get rap artists to discuss the process of making classic albums, or the sophomore album pressure, etc.

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Brehs I might me too big of a NaS stan. I been stanning him in the coliseum and TLR:skip: Not to mention real life:francis:
My stan levels done calmed down since the high school days those arguments nikka used to argue for hours with verses memorized to prove he was the best MC:pachaha:.Hell my homie got Nas&Prodigy verses tatted on his arms in HS:ahh:.Dudes was like Nas&Mobb Deep street team in Newark:mjlol:

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Maybe a book just give us more we'll support the GOAT no matter what:blessed: