Official Nas Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Brehs I might me too big of a NaS stan. I been stanning him in the coliseum and TLR:skip: Not to mention real life:francis:
My stan levels done calmed down since the high school days those arguments nikka used to argue for hours with verses memorized to prove he was the best MC:pachaha:.Hell my homie got Nas&Prodigy verses tatted on his arms in HS:ahh:.Dudes was like Nas&Mobb Deep street team in Newark:mjlol:

Y'all wanna talk about stanning? Tell me why I got into a Facebook debate with a random guy i NEVER met on one of my army friends FB. She put that Nas was the GOAT and some Hov Stan tried to throw shade...

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
Y'all wanna talk about stanning? Tell me why I got into a Facebook debate with a random guy i NEVER met on one of my army friends FB. She put that Nas was the GOAT and some Hov Stan tried to throw shade...

My nikka giving out that fb work:lmaonas:

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz

typical responses of Jay stan surprised he didn't say plus he married Beyonce:scust:cause we all know who video she was all up in dancing in 99:sas2::mjpls:

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
first of all, I don';t know much about this new A&R dude Nas is going to rolling with but if he picks great beats then good. I was very please with Nas' beats on LIG and DR. However, if Nas is going to have about 12-13 tracks on his new album and 10 of them are done, like it was stated earlier... what, the new A & R is gonna pick the last two beats? Surely Nas already had some heat recorded over the last two years before this dude was set to come into the picture. They can't be starting over because Nas Album Done, right? Someone enlighten me.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
Nas has done any and everything needed. At this point I respect and support everything he does.

I WOULD very much enjoy Nas bigging up and going in depth more with his albums after Illmatic. For instance I would've really liked a 20th Anniversary commemoration for IWW. I know Trackmasters and Steve Stoute did the Complex article, but IWW is such an important, poignant, and controversial aspect of Nas's career it would've been cool to see maybe a 10-15 minute documentary, maybe 1-2 concerts where he performs the album in full. Something like that

good idea !

I'd love to see Nas more involved in hip hop documentaries in general. Other genres (especially rock and jazz) have so many dope documentaries about albums, live shows, whatever. Would be cool to get rap artists to discuss the process of making classic albums, or the sophomore album pressure, etc.

speaking of which. What'up with the documentary with Nas and other genras musicians. We never saw that documentary with nas and several musicians of other musical genres

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
first of all, I don';t know much about this new A&R dude Nas is going to rolling with but if he picks great beats then good. I was very please with Nas' beats on LIG and DR. However, if Nas is going to have about 12-13 tracks on his new album and 10 of them are done, like it was stated earlier... what, the new A & R is gonna pick the last two beats? Surely Nas already had some heat recorded over the last two years before this dude was set to come into the picture. They can't be starting over because Nas Album Done, right? Someone enlighten me.

Nas always has and always will pick his own beats. I'd imagine what the A&R does is pick the best sounding beats from the producers Nas has commissioned to submit for him and picks the best of the bunch. Then Nas listens and writes and if a full song comes from it then they decide if they want to rock with it or not.

So Nas picks the beats, the A&R just filters through the litter that gets presented

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind

On behalf of all us Nas fans... :salute:[/QUOTE]
We gotta hit @Ziggiy with the esco salute :escosalute:

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hop Hop and Nas have been involved in the entire process, not just the last two songs.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas always has and always will pick his own beats. I'd imagine what the A&R does is pick the best sounding beats from the producers Nas has commissioned to submit for him and picks the best of the bunch. Then Nas listens and writes and if a full song comes from it then they decide if they want to rock with it or not.

So Nas picks the beats, the A&R just filters through the litter that gets presented

Ok, Cool. Thanks for that. I wonder if he gets to decide to roll with Nas'
Hop Hop and Nas have been involved in the entire process, not just the last two songs.

Ok. I hear that he is pretty good so that's awesome news. Props @Life is Good for clearing that up for me.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas has done any and everything needed. At this point I respect and support everything he does.

I WOULD very much enjoy Nas bigging up and going in depth more with his albums after Illmatic. For instance I would've really liked a 20th Anniversary commemoration for IWW. I know Trackmasters and Steve Stoute did the Complex article, but IWW is such an important, poignant, and controversial aspect of Nas's career it would've been cool to see maybe a 10-15 minute documentary, maybe 1-2 concerts where he performs the album in full. Something like that

I couldn't agree more. I know for sure that there was at least some early thought on an IWW 20th anniversary set from sony legend but not sure why it was put on the back burner. I think all Nas' shyt need the 20th anniversary treatment.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
I was listening to this yesterday (59 sec mark)

Its a few years old now though :francis: wonder if that makes the album or if its something we hear on the lost tapes. Also seen his old breakfast club interview and they were all confused as to why you wont see me tonight wasnt released as a single, that record could have been huge

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Originally "Hip Hop" worked with Roc A Fella and signed Kanye to a production and management deal. He's a guy who handles a lot of production decisions in terms of acquiring records. He's the guy looking for up and coming producers, passing around samples, buying hooks, finding out what beats the best producers are working on, etc. It's an arms race basically. Kanye is Kanye today in part because he has pillaged beats from all types of people who send their shyt to people like Hip Hop, No ID, Oliver El-Khatib (Drake's manager), Punch (TDE), Brocky Marciano (Cardo and DJ Dahi's manager), Khaled, etc.

When the artist goes into the studio you want a dope A&R or manager who has a collection of dope beats for him to listen to. I know ppl here will disagree but I've long felt Nas needed someone to help him pick beats again. No ID did his thing on Life Is Good but there were still a couple tracks on there that baffle me on how they got picked.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I would have loved to see a doc on IWW, as well as, a few tour dates but I think other projects he was involved in didn't leave room for it at the time but he has expressed wanting to celebrate IWW properly. When is the ?