Official Nas Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
So the kid from The Get Down is playing Nas in a Forest Whitaker directed film???

Tremaine Brown Jr.Tremaine Brown Jr. might be the youngest person on set, but from the get-go, the 15-year-old has had some serious style: When a woman stopped him during his usual freestyling routine on the A train to ask if he’d like to audition for Netflix, the then13-year-old simply handed her a business card. Though he’d never acted before, soon Brown Jr. was performing for Baz Luhrmann and rubbing shoulders with Nas, who he ended up playing in a Forest Whitaker film on a break from “The Get Down.” Though he’d assumed he landed the role at the rapper's recommendation, it turns out his acting chops were better than he thought: Nas actually isn’t involved with the film, so “it’ll be a big surprise,” Brown said with a laugh. As for what’s next? “I’m gonna do more acting and show the world that I do music, too.”

@Life is Good whats up with that???

Ball

All Star
Daps
So the kid from The Get Down is playing Nas in a Forest Whitaker directed film???

Tremaine Brown Jr.Tremaine Brown Jr. might be the youngest person on set, but from the get-go, the 15-year-old has had some serious style: When a woman stopped him during his usual freestyling routine on the A train to ask if he’d like to audition for Netflix, the then13-year-old simply handed her a business card. Though he’d never acted before, soon Brown Jr. was performing for Baz Luhrmann and rubbing shoulders with Nas, who he ended up playing in a Forest Whitaker film on a break from “The Get Down.” Though he’d assumed he landed the role at the rapper's recommendation, it turns out his acting chops were better than he thought: Nas actually isn’t involved with the film, so “it’ll be a big surprise,” Brown said with a laugh. As for what’s next? “I’m gonna do more acting and show the world that I do music, too.”

:ohhh:

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He looks like a young Nas a bit

The Get Down was dope as hell too :blessed:

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County

Roxanne, Roxanne (2017) - IMDb

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
How Nas & Grandmaster Flash Helped Shape Netflix's ‘The Get Down’ | Genius

When Nas came onboard, he took on the challenge of penning raps to fit different characters’ POV and personality based on the early scenes that were already shot.

Nas begins each episode in 1996 as The Get Down’s MC and protagonist, Ezekiel “Books” Figuero (lip synced by Hamilton’s Daveed Diggs), narrating with raps about his adolescence—the period in which the storyline takes place. While those rhymes sound modern, he also writes ‘70s-style raps for the younger version of Books (played by Justice Smith), and his friends. Nas channeled idols from his own childhood to capture the sound of the time. In one pivotal scene from the pilot episode, Books finds his competitive rap voice during his first underground street party:

"This ain’t a battle, this is all a scrimmage
Please refrain from applause ’til I’m finished
Dressed in my disco clothes and still kill it
The best in the Bronx, eventually you’ll get it"

Nas could do this into his 60's if he wanted. That's how creative he is..

tumblr_n8rpm7PtFf1rbxg2bo3_500.gif