Official Music Festival Thread (EDC, Rolling Loud, Coachella, etc)

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Festival season has returned for me...gearing up to get ready for ultra....im gonna miss out on the dreamville festival unfortunately. I didnt even know about it until the line up dropped but it looks crazy

Ultra/Miami music week (vip solo)
Coachella (el dorado package/solo)
EDC (vip solo in a rv)
Governers Ball (vip with friends)
Electric forest
Rolling Loud Miami (gonna cop the loud club vip package for me and my peoples)
Tomorrowland (possibly)
Burning Man (solo)
:whew:
damnnnm nikka! ay man its your boy from school i cant believe you post on here! shidd i may as well join you for a couple of those so go ahead and add me to the friends pass for the miami joints! We lit! :myman:

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
Mix of both, mostly bad

First off pretty much unanimous (everyone in my group, random folks I chopped it up with) agrees that RL Miami >>>>>>>> LA

Pros
- Youll never see so many hip hop artists in one place. Energy was unmatched
- SoFi is a dope venue

Cons
- Drinks and food overpriced. straight up price gouging
- Standing on grassy fields for a music festival is one thing...standing on concrete in the Sofi Stadium parking lot for 3 days is something else. Legs are killing me. And nowhere to sit down really. By day 2,3 people were saying fukk it and sitting on dirty concrete to try and rest
- headliners being 30 fukking minutes late to sets. its always rappers doing this shyt man, no other genre of artists do that shyt. They cut travis off at 11 sharp in the middle of sicko mode (he began his set 30 minutes late)

If I lived in miami, LA or NYC i'd hit up RL, but this shyt is too overpriced to fly in for 30 minutes of headliners. That being said i still had a good time

Wrote this about RL LA. kinda disappointing. if you pick 1, pick Miami

Last edited:

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Festival season has returned for me...gearing up to get ready for ultra....im gonna miss out on the dreamville festival unfortunately. I didnt even know about it until the line up dropped but it looks crazy

EDC (vip solo in a rv)
Roots Festival ( vip with my cousins)
Electric forest
Tomorrowland (possibly)
Burning Man (solo)

HMU

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

EDC (vip solo in a rv)
Roots Festival ( vip with my cousins)
Electric forest
Tomorrowland (possibly)
Burning Man (solo)

Forgot to add the sxm festival down in st.martin..im here right now and this joint is :wow: great way to start up the festival season

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
JFC!!!!! :damn: :damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn:

Ultra was too fk'n lit 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 3 straight days of non stop partying!!!!!

10 years ago I wouldn't be caught at a edm festival, I didn't understand this....

weekend-dance.gif

WTF.....My mind is
giphy.gif

Fam...I haven't partied this hard since....mannnn I've never partied this hard in my life:damn::damn::damn:

On Friday I flew from New Jersey to Miami landed by 2pm and got to ultra at 445pm. Went to a after party that ended at 4am...woke up at 10am, washed and than I ate at some trash restaurant smh. I got back to Ultra at 1pm.

I wanted to see Hardwell on Saturday night (845pm) so I made sure that i loaded up on carbs and electrolytes because i wanted to be close to the main stage. I had to make sure I got any extra water out of my system because i would be damned if i had to leave the crowd because i had to pee:demonic:. So I got as close as I could to the main stage by 330 pm and just stayed there for the rest of the night...it was well worth it:ohlawd:

Man that energy in that crowd was intense...I felt like I was a part of project x lol...and it was all love for the most part....i didnt even sleep from Saturday into Sunday, so I thought that my 3rd day was going to be a more chill day......breh....something took over me and I just went full send....damn near had a out of body experience during the Carl Cox set

estastic-kevin-hart.gif

man I needed this weekend after getting laid off from my job....I'm actually a little bit :mjcry:that Ultra is over than my actual career (already interviewing, but not stressing).:manny:

Ultra brought me out of my element...I was just dancing solo, talking to strangers and making rave friends:troll:

I told myself that I'm just going to do all of the big name festivals for this year only but after this weekend :francis:

giphy.gif

I need to decompress...my mind is way too stimulated right now...To Ultra...
giphy.gif

But also

200.gif

Call me whatever yall want but I needed this weekend more than I realized:mjcry:

oxi-clean-but-wait-theres-more.gif

Cons:martin:

1. Played myself....I bought a pair of "What are those" 2023 limited edition off of Amazon because I wanted some regular shoes to mess up....man my feet were KILLING me by the last day but I powered through..

2. I paid for vip but it really wasn't worth it. The main vip structure was too far from the main stage. I mean it's a cool private spot but I wished they had a closer section to the main stage. Personally for me I like to go super hard usually on a Saturday so I like to be up front....that being said I will continue purchasing vip tickets at ultra because I like the option of the vip structure.

3. This is more personal for me.....

Edm music is a extension of house music...the same house music that was/is ingrained in our culture....I just wish more black/Caribbean women were into it...I had a few black female friends that used to laugh and kind of send shots at me to going to raves. But now they see me at these festivals they are intrigued :patrice:.....it's like [raekwon_voice]"Ayo..dont..don't front for me "[/raekwon_voice]

They see women on my shoulders on ig then they are like
full

"Ha oh so they dress like that with the cute outfits ..i can see myself going with you.

What:stopitslime:

Before the festivals were "too white" but now since they see influencers on ig at these festivals they are all of sudden with it:francis:

I'm complaining but it felt great meeting ravers that looked like me. But festivals aren't for everybody and I'm not trying to deal with any attitude killing my energy for the entire weekend because they couldn't hang...either be legit or :camby:

giphy.gif

Anyway I'm wilding..but I'm done...I didn't expect to write this much but I had to get this off my chest:ahh:...my body is done after this weekend...just going to relax for the next few days then back on my grind...gotta get right for Coachella:steviej:

But first I have to find a new job...a brotha has priorities :ufdup:

But also a pending festival addiction:noah:

But that's ok....P.L.U.R babyyyyy:mjlit:

Last edited:

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@Cereal_Bowl_Assassin
:dead:

Dawg make sure to wear some earplugs / hearing protectiom if you are gonna be up front like that

And I feel you on how these girls operate, at first they not feeling it. at all.

then you go anyway....they see you / others having fun without them, or you hanging w girls of other races:steviej:... now all of the sudden you the bad guy for going without them.... "So when are we going to Coachella?
🙄
"

And finally your bread must be long if you hitting the entire festival circuit this year while laid off :wow:

VIP too ..:myman:

Man I'm trying to see Carl Cox before he retires for real

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Also here is my review of rolling loud LA

Bruhh
Crazy ass environment fr

Mix of both, mostly bad

First off pretty much unanimous (everyone in my group, random folks I chopped it up with) agrees that RL Miami >>>>>>>> LA

Pros
- Youll never see so many hip hop artists in one place. Energy was unmatched
- SoFi is a dope venue

Cons
- Drinks and food overpriced. straight up price gouging
- Standing on grassy fields for a music festival is one thing...standing on concrete in the Sofi Stadium parking lot for 3 days is something else. Legs are killing me. And nowhere to sit down really. By day 2,3 people were saying fukk it and sitting on dirty concrete to try and rest
- headliners being 30 fukking minutes late to sets. its always rappers doing this shyt man, no other genre of artists do that shyt. They cut travis off at 11 sharp in the middle of sicko mode (he began his set 30 minutes late)

If I lived in miami, LA or NYC i'd hit up RL, but this shyt is too overpriced to fly in for 30 minutes of headliners. That being said i still had a good time

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@Cereal_Bowl_Assassin
:dead:

Dawg make sure to wear some earplugs / hearing protectiom if you are gonna be up front like that

And I feel you on how these girls operate, at first they not feeling it. at all.

then you go anyway....they see you / others having fun without them, or you hanging w girls of other races:steviej:... now all of the sudden you the bad guy for going without them.... "So when are we going to Coachella?
🙄
"

And finally your bread must be long if you hitting the entire festival circuit this year while laid off :wow:

VIP too ..:myman:

Man I'm trying to see Carl Cox before he retires for real

Man I bought some ear olugs off of Amazon and forgot then at my house smh..my ears were feeling it but I know better now. Carl Cox definitely put on one of the better sets of the weekend. A lot of people told me that I need to see his live sets but I was skeptical because listening to some of his music on Spotify I wasn't really feeling it but now I see why dude is a legend

I'm actually still recovering from Ultra..my body feels like it got hit by a truck😂

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Coachella was a MOVIE...man I had such a great time and im happy that I went to week 2 because skrillex, Fred again and four tet closed out a great weekend..i damn near :mjcry: when they played turn off the lights.i danced from the vip area to all the way to the other side of the field. Them, metro boomin and el Michael's affair ft Black Thought were definitely my top acts of this weekend but all of the artist did their thing.

I went to Ultra but Coachella is on a whole other level...man...I don't even know what to say...I wish it didn't end...ill be back with my pros and cons after I decompress...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I went back in 2014. Paid a lot of money, got fukked up on everything, woke up at the aria in some random bytch hotel room with the condom still in the wrapper. I know I bussed all in the puzzy, I'm just glad I ain't catch nothing
If you don’t have a Vegas story like this you haven’t lived