Official Music Festival Thread (EDC, Rolling Loud, Coachella, etc)

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Alright so for me Coachella was a experience that surpassed everything I've ever been to when it comes to music.

I don't even know where to start but I guess I'll start from the beginning. I was actually on the wait list to attend coachella and I kind of forgot about it until I woke up one day to see a expensive charge on my cc statement but by then I said f it I guess I'm going. I bought the vip lake el dorado package so I stayed in a 2 person tent (I went solo) that was by the lake.

This was cool for me because I had quick access to the showers and bathrooms. If I did car camping I would have to wait in a long line for both. Also staying there I was able to.meet some cool people. There were a group of black women that I walked up to and said that it was good to see fellow black people here and we all laughed.

After I got settled I walked around just to get the lay of the land and man..the festival site is massive. On Thursday a bunch of people gathered up on a hill to watch the sun set and I thought that was pretty cool because it set the vibe for the weekend.

After that I walked around and they had a ton of food trucks with options for people for different diet restrictions but the food was good. Thursday night they kicked off a few different parties that went on until 4am(eventually the parties jhad to turn into a silent disco because of city rules but the party was still crazy).

Friday morning I got up and did a few wellness sessions before heading into the festival. I did yoga, meditation and some other things and that really put my mindset in motion for the days events. One thing that I love about Coachella and something that fits my personality is that it has so many different acts so my emotions were all.over the place. I could see a indy rock back one second then go see a rap act The next moment. Getting into the festival was fairly easy bit as I mentioned before there is a lot of walking so if you're going you should be well hydrated, fed and in decent shape. Speaking kf that I saw a few number of people that were passed out before the festival even started

(Ignore my chapped lips..they were dry because of the heat..shouldn't be looking at my lips anyway :ufdup:....unless you're :dame:..even still I like the ladies:ufdup:)

Best act I saw on Friday night was definitely Metro Boomin but i also got to see legendsry acts like Blondie and the Gorillaz. I also saw tobe ngwigwe w cee lo, burna boy, idtis eldlba's dj set he is a good dj)i missed out on watching uncle waffles because i wanted to get a good spot for metro boomin...the crowd for him was crazy. They should've put him at the main stage or moved him to Saturday because right after him was Bad Bunny and he damn near brought in a entire city to see him

(Crowd waiting for metro boomin)

Future

The Weeknd

Metro brought out other acts as well but I wanted to check out Bad Bunny so I left..like I mentioned before Bad Bunny basically had a entire city viewing him...the place was PACKED and no video I have would do it justice...

After thst there were a few after parties but I was exhausted so I went to bed.

After waking up I wasn't sure if I was going to make it through the next two days but I only felt like that because I barely slept the two nights before.Day 2 was even better, I've seen acts that I would probably never see if they were by theirself like Soffi Tukker,Diljit Dosanjh,sheenseea and Rosalia. I saw Dinner Party ft Terrence Martin,Robert Glasper, Kamasi Washington and 9th wonder and they put kn a great set.. also a edm dj named Eric prydz put out a great show with amazing visuals

Diljit Dosanjh

Shenseea

Eric Pyrdz

I closed out the day watching Calvin harris and I forgot how.many hits dude has..it was crazy....however my favorite act was from a edm group called isoxo...I know edm isnt a thing here but man the set they put on had so much energy it felt like I was in a different world

Day 3 was crazy as well, there's a venue named sonora where they had indy type acts so I told myself I had to check it out before I did and man im happy I went in there. They had a few rock bands that I enjoyed but then a group named El Michels Affair came on and they did their thing. What I didn't know that they were bringing out Black Thought and by then my mind was blown.

I got to check out Latto ad well and the amount of energy she put jnto her show impressed me. I was never the biggest Glorilla fan but I dig her personality so I checked her show out as well (she didn't change my mind but she has my respect).

As I mentioned before one of the things I loved about Coachella are the various acts. I watched Bjork and blink-182 and they both put on a great show as well eventhough they are both two different acts.

My favorite set of the entire weekend though was Skrillex x Fred Again x Fortet.....once again it's a edm set but man, it was one of those things where you had to be there. The energy there live was amazing and.i danced the entire time and thats the thing with edm, you can dance as crazy or as goofy as you want and you wknt be judged. I had so many people (men and women) telling me that they loved my energy and it was nothing but peace and love and thats what I love about attending festivals. People forget about the drama in their lives and just let loose

The entire thing felt like a movie...

Cons I have about Coachella...

Its EXPENSIVE...everything is. Next time I'm buying food from a grocery store and keeping it in a cooler.

Vip imo.is a joke so IF you have the money go for the safari package. It gives you all.of vip amenities but you can get transported around via a golf cart and have access to a closer stage viewing area. It's expensive bit since I loved Coachella so much its definitely something I'm going to splurge on
(You DO NOT have to do vip or anything like that GA is just fine and so is car camping)

Also it's crazy hot, you have to stay hydrated. Buy liquid iv and other forms of electrolytes. Someone like me likes to attend the entire thing so I'm definitely going feeling it now.

Also there are so many acts sonif you like various genres then it's hard to see everybody

Other than that the entire thing was a blast and I'm looking forward to next year regardless of the line up

Edit: Rae sremmurd put on a dope show as well for week 2

Last edited:

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Top 2 festival experiences:
Day n Night Fest (OC - 2017) (The way the main stage was setup got to interact with Uzi, Carti, and Post Malone)
Lights on Festival (Bay Area - 2021) (Erykah Badu performed for nearly 2 hours, Keyshia Cole bodied her set, a few surprise guests appearances like Chris Brown)

9a803168-04b6-42f1-b820-f3ac68cc2db7.jpg

DEG-H0sWAAAOOG7

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
will be in vegas for edc too give me some game breh, best parties, hoes, all that

Man im going there with limited knowledge lol. I'm going to get there on Thursday morning and I know there a pre-party that day. But other than that I don't know of anything else

Are you camping there?

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
will be in vegas for edc too give me some game breh, best parties, hoes, all that

Man im going there with limited knowledge lol. I'm going to get there on Thursday morning and I know there a pre-party that day. But other than that I don't know of anything else

Are you camping there?

all day campgroud parties if youre camping

hotel daytime pool parties if you aint

peep game on
- radiate
- the edc facebook groups
- discord EDC cha
Get on bumble / tinder and change profile pic to your rave outfit

Happy swiping