Official Mortal Kombat Thread

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Striking Vipers :dame::dame::dame::dame::dame:
tumblr_psu4mbGLbY1uat7dro1_1280.png

:deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny:

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
Saw the criticism in here and thought it'd be Annihilation level.

It was actually entertaining, and sets up the new movie.

Sub-zero vs Scorpion is just :gladbron:

Goro got jobbed by that fakkit though. Maybe this would have Kintaro come in the next one (or sell Sheeva as the Mary Sue Goro T-1000 edition)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Should have fought harder for Andy Lau to be Shang Tsung (if they were just trying to get an actor/non fighter)
B002C6VMIY_2.jpg

06151431Q23_small.jpg

I mean if Tony Leung is The Mandarin maybe he would have agreed to do something like this as well :yeshrug:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The movie is only a tiny bit slightly better than Annihilation and since that movie came out 25 years ago, that's a disappointment.

Peaked way too early in the intro and fell gradually only to be carried by scenes with Kano and a few fights.

The original Mortal Kombat still reigns supreme as the best video game movie followed by Sonic The Hedgehog.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
This is like worst kind of movie to me. Just so sequal baity.

Bait and Switch Title
Nobody throwaway Main Protagonist
You wanna see Johnny Cage... Pay up for a sequel
Killing off probably 3 prominent characters was wack
You want a sequel Shaolin Monks Movie... Oh no... We need an interesting death. Prequel status at best.
Terrible casting that clearly looks like placeholder for a better casting budget
Oh here Lui Kang for 14 minutes
You want a real Mortal Kombat tournament? Gotta turn this to a billion dollar franchise

Like damn... What do I got to look forward too? What bum low budget actor you gonna play Johnny Cage?

Cash Grab status in the eyes of WB and New Line.