Official Mortal Kombat Thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
What's worse is when news came out about this movie and we found out about Cole we all asked why???:mindblown: What the fukk we need this nikka for???:mindblown: who asked for this character???:mindblown: nikkas KNEW the character was gonna be trash

In 2021 nikkas got no excuse for doing this 90s bullshyt

Marvel demonstrated that the source material is just fine
Low key...

If they went the individual character movies first route and then made Mortal Kombat the "Avengers" that would have been dope.

LIke its been said earlier I could have been fine with just a smaller scaled Sub-Zero/Scorpion movie 1st :yeshrug:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
get stabbed with your own blood brehs
42f2f5b1e21932f0954c78f680cb67a141-mortal-kombat-blood-icicle.w710.gif

legit had me like :russ:
Most of the fight scenes were aight, this one was gold.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
It doesn’t make sense. The Scorpion/Sub Zero stuff had me all in the movie :whoo:
Once it switched to being about Cole I started to tune out. That Meleena wagon got me back focused for a second though.

They really introduced too many characters for the first movie. Cole could have been dropped.

this part got me rolling :russ::laff::laff::laff:
But aint it the truth tho :whew: , Sisi (Mileena) and that mouth could have their way with me how ever they want :shaq:

there's not alot of info about her online :jbhmm: , I'm pretty sure she's mixed Black/Asian but seems to only rep her Asian side :ehh: But she aint get all that thickness from her asian side :usure:

sisi-stringer-10-fun-facts-03.JPG

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
this part got me rolling :russ::laff::laff::laff:
But aint it the truth tho :whew: , Sisi (Mileena) and that mouth could have their way with me how ever they want :shaq:

there's not alot of info about her online :jbhmm: , I'm pretty sure she's mixed Black/Asian but seems to only rep her Asian side :ehh: But she aint get all that thickness from her asian side :usure:

sisi-stringer-10-fun-facts-03.JPG
I got that from her IG.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ::russ:

Cole Young was totally unnecessary.

But the guy who played Shang Tsung is what really almost ruined it for me. That's Lau from "The Dark Knight" and that's ALL I saw everytime he was on the screen. Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa made it to where NOBODY will ever be able to play that role as well ever again, ESPECIALLY not THIS guy. TOTALLY unconvincing as Shang Tsung.

Sub-Zero is that dude, and both Joe Taslim and Hiroyuki Sanada are GOAT-tier.

I personally thought Kano was annoying.

Wife and I enjoyed it for what it was. Scorpion needed WAY more screen time, IMO.

:russ:Tagawa’s Tsung wanted to fukk Sonya in the first. He just felt like a Boss. Charismatic, Sophisticated, etc.

In this one, I’m not convinced Tsung should be running shyt.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Only good thing about this were the Easter eggs.

If you want a good MK story just watch MK 9 cinematics on Youtube.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Low key...

If they went the individual character movies first route and then made Mortal Kombat the "Avengers" that would have been dope.

LIke its been said earlier I could have been fine with just a smaller scaled Sub-Zero/Scorpion movie 1st :yeshrug:
Like give films a pair of characters so you don't have to take a thousand years either lol. Like first film start with Jax n Sonya being introduced and finding out all the information about Mortal Kombat while handling a Black Dragon mission to get Kano. Introduce some side characters like Tremor, Jonny Cage, have Raiden appear to Jax n Sonya n Cage explaining how they are chosen at the end boom 1st film.

2nd Shaolin Monks:blessed:Lui and Kung fukkery adventures and Raiden should be in this especially as they would know about MK tournament already. Have Shang Tsung be introduced in this film since you can play with supernatural stuff more. Maybe a Quan chi or Shao Khan and Kitana reference and maybe an Outworld/Mileena:shaq: appearance as well. Have Raiden warn Lui, Kung Lao, and Kitana that MK tourn is coming
Boom 2nd.

3rd film the one everyone will be most amped for Scorp and Subs:whew::ufdup::ohlawd::myman:Quan Chi needs to be a BIG part of this film along with Raiden and to keep it simple use the Scorpions revenge film as a template but expand it as being the first part more. Explain the clans rivalry and how Bi Han and Hanzo were the top guys of their clans with multiple fights n close calls. Meanwhile Quan chi manipulates Bi Han in some way or have scumbag Quan chi just do the deed:yeshrug:Hanzo finds his fam and clan bodied, pulls up on Bi Han who's like:dwillhuh::mjtf::what::ufdup:Final fight at the end Hanzo dies. Raiden appears trying to warn Subz of the deception but he's like:camby:fukk that shi rai ryu dog while being warned of MK tounrey coming:pacspit::pacspit:Post credit Quan chi resurrects Hanzo with a deal in mind:demonic:
3rd film boom :damn:
4th MORTAL KOMBAT:damn::damn::damn:Introduce the other notable ones like Goro Reptile, Ermac, Kabal, Smoke:whew:Maybe Cyrax , Nightwolf, Stryker, and some fan favourites :whew: Lui takes out Shang and Raiden warns Earthrelm of Shao Khan preparing for the next film. Have Scorpion appear in the first MK, takes out Bi Han, Quan chi making a deal with him to become his warrior of shadow Noob:demonic::damn::damn:
5th maybe Kun Lao gets bodied this time and introduce officially Shao Khan, Sindel, Baraka, Kotal Khan, Jade, Scarlett :damn::damn:hint that Shao Khan has orders from Shinnok:demonic::damn::damn::damn:, just straight up out world and netherlem fukkery :banderas::banderas::banderas:Next film has to be Earthrelm against Shinnok as he's trying to come back. Along the way we would already be introduced to Bi Hans brother who fights for earthrelm and is of course the good man unlike his brother :demonic:Let the notables like Jax, Sonya, Cage, Kitana, Lui all show growth in their relationships along with Raiden becoming a true Guardian:manny:Maybe a Fu Jinn mention and Bo Rai cho:salute:Then lead that into fast forward with the kids coming into play plus Kronika fukkery :lupe::youngsabo:
™ Ironman:youngsabo:

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
This is a great example of Hollywood getting too cute

All you had to do was stick to the source material....thats all.
Nope they decided to put thier own spin on this movie and the final product was Some Mid because of it

Case and point Mileena
One of the most terrifying and iconic designs in the frachise...but The creative team gotta get cute and put your own spin on her huh?

And the end Result.

She was some Mid:mjlol:

Not gonna even talk about mf Cole:snoop:

Or Kung Laodney Dangerfield getting no respect....again:snoop: