Official Mortal Kombat Thread

Uno

Superstar
Daps
Cole Young basically killed Goro, Mileena and Sub Zero

I was hoping when he quit his story was over.

Next movie they need to give him the Johnny Cage annihilation treatment

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Never should call this film Mortal Kombat... Should of built up Mortal Kombat up to be an Avenger level film if this the route they are gonna go.

true. Scorpion vs Sub Zero Flick, a Sonya and Jax flick, a Liu Kang and Kung Lao flick, then MK movie.

this movie was an obvious cash crab but they got in their own way being extra. This seems like a case of executives wanting to shoe horn stuff in and Im like why not just let the game writers take the helm?

Uno

Superstar
Daps
true. Scorpion vs Sub Zero Flick, a Sonya and Jax flick, a Liu Kang and Kung Lao flick, then MK movie.

They should basically make it a series.It would not be GOT expensive or even Westworld expense.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

this movie was an obvious cash crab but they got in their own way being extra. This seems like a case of executives wanting to shoe horn stuff in and Im like why not just let the game writers take the helm?
This.

These nikkas was doing TOO much

This shyt ain't hard:mjlol: everything is neatly laid out for y'all and you still went hard trying to be different

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Cole was my big gripe. Why was he needed? Nobody cares about him or his fam. if the movie was just based around Sub Zero and Scorpion story and throw in Jax and Sonya as the "earth fighters" that's more than enough to have a big lead up to the tournament..

Cole was ass..

But i won't dismiss the good parts everything with Sub Zero was great.. every time mans was on screen it was some :demonic: :whew:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
get stabbed with your own blood brehs
42f2f5b1e21932f0954c78f680cb67a141-mortal-kombat-blood-icicle.w710.gif

was that gif made from a bootleg though? Lol. My screen was much brighter and clearer than that.. :russ:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Nah, the more I dwell on this, the worse it becomes.

If Cole doesn't become the new Scorpion and saves his family where his ancestor failed, he literally serves no purpose and is a complete waste of screen time.

Who's writer is this? :mindblown:
tenor.gif

Ayoooo Raiden wasn't shyt in this :laff::laff:Kano was hilarious and legitimately carried this film:russ::russ::russ:Lui Kang and Kung Lao were way too underutilized and Kang got his ass whooped waaaaay too much :hhh:Mileena I need her back asap definitely a lot of easter eggs with the visuals of their powers :ehh:Subzero and Scorpion were the reasons for this film. The Scorpions revenge animated film should've been what this was based on more:manny:I didn't mind Jax n Sonya:manny:Subzero pulling up on Cole and fam in the real world was legit :ohhh:I need more of that honestly that was dope as hell:ohhh:Kung laos fighting had me:whoo::ooh::krs::myman:
Between him hopping out the hat like the game and the fatality:myman:
OG Cari is STILL the only Shang Tsung I acknowledge :ufdup:Cole and the family was not needed Scorpions path of revenge would've more than sufficed or Jax m Sonya :ufdup:They did a terrible job of writing Raiden and the Goro disrespect:scust:The Great Kung Lao and other character easter eggs was cool. The tome was definitely all over the place and it seemed to rush a lot. Like weird edits and scenes feel like they're missing :jbhmm:I'd be in for another movie but they need to make this a show instead so everyone can get fleshed out and the kombat story can be told better. Kabal was cool:ehh:
Wasted an actor who gave one of my favorite performances ever :mjcry:
maxresdefault.jpg

91d0%2BxL6djL._SX342_.jpg

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Those who question will there be a sequel my guess is yes based on the B.O. results. Over $20M w/ theaters only half open and the movie available to stream day 1. This would have done over $40M OW on a regular schedule.

the reboot of the classic Midway game, which finally delivers a lot of blood, is literally killing it. It’s only right that on a weekend when the industry is celebrating the movies at the Oscars, that they deliver fantastic results at the box office.

Currently, given the front-loaded nature of anime pics such as Demon Slayer, the notion is that Mortal Kombat will wind up having the edge for the weekend. However, it won’t be shocking if both titles cross $20M.

‘Mortal Kombat’ & ‘Demon Slayer’ In Brawl For No. 1 With $20M Apiece – Deadline

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This.

These nikkas was doing TOO much

This shyt ain't hard:mjlol: everything is neatly laid out for y'all and you still went hard trying to be different

Exactly, like literally we only want Gore and fighting.

id hate for this to get bushed cause Sub Zero was flames.

like someone else mentioned they coulda made a legit horror movie with this Sub Zero being like the terminator, hunting down to kill Cole and then Scorpion comes from hell to take out Sub Zero and then at the end tie in Shang Tsung and hint at the tourney. Literally Terminator 2 plot.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Those who question will there be a sequel my guess is yes based on the B.O. results. Over $20M w/ theaters only half open and the movie available to stream day 1. This would have done over $40M OW on a regular schedule.

the reboot of the classic Midway game, which finally delivers a lot of blood, is literally killing it. It’s only right that on a weekend when the industry is celebrating the movies at the Oscars, that they deliver fantastic results at the box office.

Currently, given the front-loaded nature of anime pics such as Demon Slayer, the notion is that Mortal Kombat will wind up having the edge for the weekend. However, it won’t be shocking if both titles cross $20M.

‘Mortal Kombat’ & ‘Demon Slayer’ In Brawl For No. 1 With $20M Apiece – Deadline
COOL DUDE!!!

:skip: