Official Mortal Kombat Thread

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Sound like the movie wasn’t really that good

it sounds rushed. like someone said mk needs a hbo god level show like game of the thrones. casual fans dont know but its alot of lore/mythology and characters in the series that they cant cover in a 2 hour or 3 hour movie.

They can introduce the main tournament story in a movie yeah, but they cant cover the whole thing and do it justice like a 12 or 24 episode series would. imo.

Thats why they even had the show MK Conquest in the 90s because its so much shyt to cover.

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
Yea I've noticed in recent years the franchise don't really fukk with Liu Kang like that anymore.

Minor spoiler to the recent game and animated movie last year
The campaign of their last game essentially focused on the white actor and his family, the animated movie from last year focused on Scorpion and rectonned Liu's first MK victory as Liu getting obliterated and dogwalked by Goro, and now you get the impression that he's basically the 5th billed character in this live action joint after he was the franchise lead in the OGs.

Liu starting to look like 2021 Patrick Ewing trying to enter MSG but security askin each other hey who's man is dis?

Liu lookin incredulous like yo ain't dis my franchise? :mjcry:

Meanwhile Scorpion/SubZero headlining all the promos like: :umad::umad:
Sadly Liu Kang has been getting disrespected since Deadly Alliance then brought back as a damn Zombie in the later games shyt is not right breh

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Sadly Liu Kang has been getting disrespected since Deadly Alliance then brought back as a damn Zombie in the later games shyt is not right breh
And not even a badass revenant of hellfire and brimstone like scorpion.... a shambling corpse.
Then he becomes a mind controlled one again in the reboot :mjlol:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
it sounds rushed. like someone said mk needs a hbo god level show like game of the thrones. casual fans dont know but its alot of lore/mythology and characters in the series that they cant cover in a 2 hour or 3 hour movie.

They can introduce the main tournament story in a movie yeah, but they cant cover the whole thing and do it justice like a 12 or 24 episode series would. imo.

Thats why they even had the show MK Conquest in the 90s because its so much shyt to cover.

If anyone has watched the Netflix show Kengan Ashua, it's an episodic fight tournament anime that provides the formula for how Mortal Kombat could be done. You follow the mc for a bit but once the tournament starts, you get so absorbed with the different combatants and their backstories and lore, which are interwoven throughout their actual matches via flashbacks... that you kinda forget about the mc when he's not fighting and you develop favorites and root for upsets, which there are crazy swerves and finishes.

The downtime between fights focuses on the behind the scenes ish that builds on the lore and moves the plot forward. Basically you could take the exact same structure but populate it with MK characters, plot, lore, etc and you'd have an epic for old and new fans.

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
This movie seems like a intro
The 2nd will be a tournament
3rd will be shao khan?

I read the wiki...i dont wana say sumthn n ruin it...what have u read? Evrything
I was thinking along a similar line, we'll see if they can pull it off.

Can't go into detail, but we'll see if they can do it