Official Mortal Kombat Thread

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The movie was some garbage. This is that type of movie I would wait to get from the CD/DVD Chinese guy at the laundromat. There's no reason why the Cole character couldn't have been Johnny Cage, because Cole was useless and boring. This is the type of movie that should have been left in the 90's. I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking with storytelling, I also don't like bringing the MCU into everything. They showed us what's possible when you take something as silly as Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man seriously. You can tell that this was made by committee, and some suits said, "You know what those geeks love? They love that fatality and flawless victory shyt. Make sure you have the characters say that." This also should have been a streaming series.
Made by committee is right

WB needs an intervention. They can't keep their corporate hands out of shyt and it fukks everything up

They drove Zack Snyder crazy, drove Ben Affleck to alcoholism constantly meddling with the DC shyt

Space Jam being an HBO Max commercial:mjlol:

This weak ass MK with this forced Cole nikka

They're stuck in the 90s while their rivals are letting nikkas rock. It don't get more corporate than Disney but Disney never gets in the way of telling good stories first

You just KNOW there's always a WB rep on set getting on everybody's nerves constantly bringing news/changes from up top:mjlol:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought this movie was going to be straight trash but I thought it was actually alright. Solid 7, I enjoyed it and watched it until the end

The video game lore is fukking TRASH, so im glad they went with an original route. Hopefully the next movie is better, but this one is defitnitly better than mk2. Not sure about mk1 tho
The MK lore is actually really good

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Saw it today. It was A fun movie. I enjoyed it. I don’t know why people overthink these kinds of movies.

Because Cole Young was such a bad character.. a damn jobber in the local MMA circuit. if they had forgot about that subplot and just went with Sub Zero and Scorpion all the way it'd have been a lot better.

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
Movie started off :whew: with the scorpion vs sub zero fight then immediately fell off a cliff.

How am I supposed to be vested in a protagonist winning a tournament to the death when he getting dog walked in a local gym by a guy who looks like he works in everybody’s accounting department.

Then Jax brought up he was actually champ at one point so I’m guessing he was supposed to be the :flabbynsick: of this universe.

If they just had to keep this character in the film, just make him not want to fight cause he killed someone in the ring and regrets it. Forget all the nepotism angle unless they were going with him becoming the new Scorpion.

Then how the got their powers might be the wonkiest way I’ve seen in a long time for a movie. I can see a show like Power Rangers or kids movie doing what they did but this movie is for adults. Folks growing mechanical arms and becoming Cyclops after 10 minutes of training. If we just making up characters, just have somebody give Jax and Kano tech. Kano easily could of lost his eye in the reptile fight since they kept teasing it. They meet up with the same person and he tries to get them both right for the tournament.

And the way they did Goro was criminal. I would have replaced him with Baraka if he going to get done like that. Save him for the sequel. Don’t even considered the events that happened be part of the tournament, just Shang Tsung trying to get folks out the way. After they lost, have him go back to Goro to tell him get ready for the tourney and have Goro hit that Thanos from Avengers 1 grin at the camera.

noob_saibot

All Star
Daps
mc was the worst part of the movie, wack af. Had a few cool moments, but overall disappointing.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
Saw it today. It was A fun movie. I enjoyed it. I don’t know why people overthink these kinds of movies.

This

I had low expectations from a true movie standpoint, so the bar was low. But even as a lifelong MK fan, I thought this spin was dope and it was good to see action scenes carried out as they were supposed to have been back in the 90's.