Official Mortal Kombat Thread

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
thing is the only villian that looked Asian was sub zero and he was mainly after scorpion and defeated by scorpion.

the rest of the villians besides shang(who didnt die) looked like monsters(goro and reptile). Nitara and reiko looked like they were Brazilian.:lolbron: Milleena looks black.:shaq: Kabal covered up but sounds white.:ehh:

So who would be these Asians that cage would have been beating up?:dwillhuh:

Ok....minorities :russ:

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
-This shyt was a huge disappointment & I had low expectations. I was hype for some great action from a boring cast & mediocre storyline.

-The majority of the action wasn't that good & Cole was directly responsible for fukkin up the 2 most epic moments.
-I actually liked the direction they went with the story, having a preemptive attack. I thought it was a good way of letting some lesser characters get some shine while setting up the major ones for the actual tournament.
-Scorpion/Sub-Zero/Kano did their thing. Kung Lao was cool. Kabal & Mileena were decent. Liu Kang & Reiko were fukkin horrible.

-I watched this on Friday & haven't ran it back yet. Didn't even feel the need to read this thread & post til now.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
It could've been reworked to only be a story about Sub vs Scorpion, and it would've been better. Kano is perfect, both action and lines were spot on. Jax, Sonya, and even Liu Kang weren't needed....with that said onto Cole....he could've been cool (as cool as Takeshi in the games) , but he was just a vehicle for the audience, at some point dude was beating up ice.....while Scorp and Bi-Han had that lovely 1v1. Goro, was completely wasted, especially against Cole. His weapon (Tonfa) where sub-par, I wanted a flaming katana or dual blades, instead its two Tonfa, that get two very weak kills....

Is it better than 2? Definitely. Better than 1? Fights yes, but they misued Cole and Shang Tsung. The first one, understood who this was about, and we didn't need a Hasashi descendant. Kung Lao was pure swag, but again, misued. Making their powers "earnable" was pretty boring. We don't need an origin story for powers. Liu who is the main character in the games (even dead) was a better vehicle and character. Making him a zealot was hit and miss. This could've been more contained and I would've been fine with just Scorp and Sub going at it. The homages are great, especially Bi-Han's Scorpion moment from MK1 when he teleported Cole into his "ice realm". I can go on about both of them, and thats the gift and the curse. This movie needed to be about two characters ala MK1, instead it was about a group getting powers, among the much better story arch.

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang
Film was surprisingly good

:ehh:

Nothing too groundbreaking but would recommend to watch it

How did they have Jax fighting the big dude with the sledgehammer on the Pit level and not have him throw him off it?!

Mortal Kombat II better be the tournament with more 1 on 1 fights and fatalities, they set up the plot in this intital movie, now lets move onto more characters and more fights

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
The movie was some garbage. This is that type of movie I would wait to get from the CD/DVD Chinese guy at the laundromat. There's no reason why the Cole character couldn't have been Johnny Cage, because Cole was useless and boring. This is the type of movie that should have been left in the 90's. I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking with storytelling, I also don't like bringing the MCU into everything. They showed us what's possible when you take something as silly as Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man seriously. You can tell that this was made by committee, and some suits said, "You know what those geeks love? They love that fatality and flawless victory shyt. Make sure you have the characters say that." This also should have been a streaming series.