[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
The Movie, 9 hours long. For anyone who hasn't played it. This also has some of the cut content by Konami incorporated aka Chapter 3. Including the tapes relevant to the plot (and the Truth Tapes) with some pictures..

Kaz:
We hold our rifles in missing hands.
We stand tall on missing legs.
We stride forward on the bones of our fallen.
Then, and only then, are we alive.
This "pain" is ours, and no one else's.
A secret weapon we wield, out of sight.

We will be stronger than ever.
For our peace.

"Sahelanthropus will unleash that thirst unto the future."
Those were his last words.

Venom Snake:
Kaz...

Kaz:
Pretentious, to the end.
Still...It doesn't feel like this is over.
...And I'll never be whole again.

#PhantomFeels nearly 5 months on. :(

Last edited:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This has Dlc dropping soon which they haven't announced whether it will include story missions but Quiet is a playable character at least. I'm debating on selling this at Rapestop for double, I just couldn't get into the story at all. Especially when i find out the ending :scust:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Picked it up after not playing it for awhile.

Did they remove the Return to Acc option?

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Finally finished this game. What an experience :wow:

Got all the achievements, 100% completion, All key items, blueprints, animals. All side ops done and S-rank'd all main missions (even the Extreme, stealth, subsistence ones), All mission tasks completed. :whew:

For an undercooked experience it fed a nikka well. The combat and controls for this game have set the bar pretty high for future releases this gen moving forward.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps

Got all the achievements, 100% completion, All key items, blueprints, animals. All side ops done and S-rank'd all main missions (even the Extreme, stealth, subsistence ones), All mission tasks completed. :whew:

For an undercooked experience it fed a nikka well. The combat and controls for this game have set the bar pretty high for future releases this gen moving forward.

If it had the kind of story that the previous games did, and less repetitive missions, it might be the goat game.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

I think I'm gonna go ahead and finish this now.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Only started this yesterday, last MGS I played was Snake Eater I think, I like it so far and it's a beautiful game :ehh:
The one problem I have with this game is the useless open world dynamic and the story needs to be more linear. It makes it feel like the game is an elaborate DLC to me. The story needs to be more cohesive and have a more guided trajectory like previous MGS games. Its still a great game though. Those are just my two gripes.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN

Well done breh. I'm saying all in all this game is underrated, truly next gen in all aspects. How did they make capturing a little outpost more exciting than 90% of the games out, how sway?
I'm gonna pick this up during the next drought and try and complete each level with no kills/weapons/quiet/ddog. I kinda cheesed the game with the latter two first time round. GOTY :wow: