[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN

Metal Gear Online Beta Live 1/12 10PM PT
JANUARY 11 - ROBERTPEELERKJP
The real Kept You Waiting...

Since the delay announcement last year, MGO fans have been waiting patiently for the latest update for their favorite online multiplayer to arrive on their favorite platform, the indomitable PC!

A strong man doesn't need to read the future. He simply needs to wait for MGO on PC.

That day is nearly here, as recently announced via the Konami Twitch Channel[www.twitch.tv], players can opt in and download the Beta release of Metal Gear Online January 12th, 10PM PT.

While that's our target time, there's a chance it'll slip by an hour or two as we implement this awaited update, but rest assure we will be here for support and launch as planned.

Unfortunately as long as you follow me, you'll never see the...wait no you did, yay it worked out!

It's been a long wait, and we absolutely appreciate the support we've received not just from MGO fans but also our passionate Steam community. Seriously, you all are amazing!

What little time we have left we will spend playing MGO.

Thank you for taking this long journey with us.

-KJPDev

not sure if I feel like reinstalling :francis:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Does the ai get harder the further you advance or am I tripping?
50% in and it's like the a.i. has taken steroids. They seem mr across the outpost (while crawling) in thick of midnight while in all black.
Routines have seemingly gotten more random and prior to last night, I'd never had a mercenary hear or see a Fulton extraction unless they were looking dead in the direction of it, closer than 31m, and/or could hear the guy calling for help if I failed to subdue him first.
Guard heard my extraction 40m away and through two buildings last night.
Not sure if the game has went into full cheese mode or what.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
50% in and it's like the a.i. has taken steroids. They seem mr across the outpost (while crawling) in thick of midnight while in all black.
Routines have seemingly gotten more random and prior to last night, I'd never had a mercenary hear or see a Fulton extraction unless they were looking dead in the direction of it, closer than 31m, and/or could hear the guy calling for help if I failed to subdue him first.
the rating above their heads determines how good they are... so yes... as you get better (hero rating) they get better

Daps
Anyone know if the online is worth copping? :patrice:

Been waiting for it to go down to about $30 or so but I kinda want a new online game and MGS online was the shyt back in the day

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The game learns from your playing. If you do a lot of headshots, they start wearing helmets. If you use gas, they start wearing gas masks. If you go all Rambo, they'll be more guards and they'll use more armor. The AI is really good. It's alive :merchant:

It gets harder with each mission. That is until you unlock the silenced, non-lethal sniper rifle. It's game over then. shyt is easy as hell. Just shoot em in the face. I also used D-Dog exclusively. It really helps when tracking enemies. I barely used my scope at all. I heard using Quiet is like cheating too. She just merks everybody while you sit and wait. I replayed some assassination mission with her, and I didn't have to do a damn thing; absolutly nothing. She killed the target for me :dead: Don't use her unless you want a very easy game.

Last edited:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
The game learns from your playing. If you do a lot of headshots, they start wearing helmets. If you use gas, they start wearing gas masks. If you go all Rambo, they'll be more guards. The AI is really good. It's alive :merchant:

Yeah I picked that up from the jump.
Neat little touch and primarily why I do missions/infiltrations day and night.
My thing is that the a.i. seems to gave heightened senses now.
I'm not complaining because I love a challenge (beat TLOU on Grounded x2 and Alien Isolation on Nightmare) but they just seem ridiculously alert now that I'm 50% in.
I know their rank goes up and you progress deeper into the storyline, but I wasn't even seeing this sort of improvement from S ranked soilders when I was at 48 - 49% two days ago.
I'll just have to adjust.

:yeshrug:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yeah I picked that up from the jump.
Neat little touch and primarily why I do missions/infiltrations day and night.
My thing is that the a.i. seems to gave heightened senses now.
I'm not complaining because I love a challenge (beat TLOU on Grounded x2 and Alien Isolation on Nightmare) but they just seem ridiculously alert now that I'm 50% in.
I know their rank goes up and you progress deeper into the storyline, but I wasn't even seeing this sort of improvement from S ranked soilders when I was at 48 - 49% two days ago.
I'll just have to adjust.

:yeshrug:
Yeah. It keeps the game fresh though, which I liked.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I just hopped on MGO, not a bad game. Still gotta beat the SP.

For some reason I just can't get into MGS. It's the 1st MGS game I haven't obsessed over :mjcry:

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Anyone know if the online is worth copping? :patrice:

Been waiting for it to go down to about $30 or so but I kinda want a new online game and MGS online was the shyt back in the day

Nah. It's nothing like the other MGOs. I wouldn't even jump on it if it went f2p :scust:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The game learns from your playing. If you do a lot of headshots, they start wearing helmets. If you use gas, they start wearing gas masks. If you go all Rambo, they'll be more guards and they'll use more armor. The AI is really good. It's alive :merchant:

It gets harder with each mission. That is until you unlock the silenced, non-lethal sniper rifle. It's game over then. shyt is easy as hell. Just shoot em in the face. I also used D-Dog exclusively. It really helps when tracking enemies. I barely used my scope at all. I heard using Quiet is like cheating too. She just merks everybody while you sit and wait. I replayed some assassination mission with her, and I didn't have to do a damn thing; absolutly nothing. She killed the target for me :dead: Don't use her unless you want a very easy game.

This makes sense as to why I'm seeing a lot more helmets now. Still plowing through though.

I've used Quiet on the Jungle/Skulls battle. She definitely helped take out 1 of the snipers and took some life from the others, but eventually she took a lot of damage and it was just me by myself :whoa:, I got it done though. I'm on the Metallica Archea mission now, and I'm not sure if I want to use her or not. She definitely helps a lot.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Does this game remind anyone else of an updated modern version of Red Dead Redemption? I mean of course there obvious differences, but let's look at the core. You're a dude riding around in the desert on your horse, killing enemies, taking over command posts and strongholds, collecting wild animals and plants and pretty much doing whatever the hell you want while in the open map :ld:

Anyway I'm 47% done with this game, I've gotten all S ranks except for 2 missions and I just got to the Quarantine part of the game.

Been doing alot of open world shyt with Quiet and been wrecking havoc and straight terrorizing all of Africa and Afghanistan. Got my hands on that armor penetraring sniper blueprint early and gave ol girl that Sinful Butterfly, now she taking out gunships with ease for the kid.