[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I tend to roll with DD now more than quiet given he's better at marking enemies and I tend to play stealthily.
Still, I almost enjoy a situation spiraling out of control. The guards are a pest and even though I try to not kill them, when they sound that alarm, all bets are off.
Calling in weapon drops. Nothing but the lethal shyt.

4078374_o.gif

Running and gunning is therapeutic as hell when you've been spotted after spending 15 minutes flawlessly clearing the level without being seen. :beli:
Picking 'em off one by one and I already killed the coms system, so no; there will be no backup coming and no one to hear you scream. :usure:

tumblr_nqx7duCIof1ts7h75o1_400.gif

Chaval

Pro
Daps
Yeah I picked that up from the jump.
Neat little touch and primarily why I do missions/infiltrations day and night.
My thing is that the a.i. seems to gave heightened senses now.
I'm not complaining because I love a challenge (beat TLOU on Grounded x2 and Alien Isolation on Nightmare) but they just seem ridiculously alert now that I'm 50% in.
I know their rank goes up and you progress deeper into the storyline, but I wasn't even seeing this sort of improvement from S ranked soilders when I was at 48 - 49% two days ago.
I'll just have to adjust.

:yeshrug:
nikkas do not realize how hard Alien isolation is and ain't no better feeling that beating that game in nightmare mode props nikka I've beat it on nightmare twice shyt ain't no joke:whew::whew::whew:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
nikkas do not realize how hard Alien isolation is and ain't no better feeling that beating that game in nightmare mode props nikka I've beat it on nightmare twice shyt ain't no joke:whew::whew::whew:

:ohlawd:

One of my top ten gaming experiences.
I love a long game but Isolation on Nightmare legit had you asking for the end. Every time you thought it was over -- nope!
The hive portion on that difficulty
:dead:
You get past the hive on Nightmare, you can pretty much handle any survival horror title.

Daps
Anyone play this on PC? Is the online balanced for controllers?

$30 on steam and ive been wanting to play it, but dont feel like paying that much just for the singleplayer :patrice:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Anyone play this on PC? Is the online balanced for controllers?

$30 on steam and ive been wanting to play it, but dont feel like paying that much just for the singleplayer :patrice:
It's well worth $30 for the single player alone. It takes 100+ hours to beat it fully. Very well worth it. I dunno about the online component, but the single player game is amazing. It's the second best game of last year, behind Witcher 3

llt23

All Star
Daps
I finished the game. Took me around 90 hours.

As good as this game was, and it was definitely really good... Ch2 in general felt like some bullshyt grindfest. Theres times where you have 0 missions and gotta grind out non-important side quests to progress in the game :francis:

I appreciated the sidequesting, I did a LOT of them. But after a while you have it figured out, you go in do work and leave. Extract Prisoner x1..... Rinse repeat x 10. :francis:

AND, there were times when I just had the game on while doing something else like watching TV. Coming back just to collect combat deployment shyt and set it up again. :francis:

I appreciated the story, It was cool but
Ocelots personality??? He has more of a character in games that occur before and after the times of this game. I understand the idea of snake not talking like that, but Ocelot was hyped up, and all he did was some torture scenes.

AND.
Hated all the Skulls fights. They have no weakness and take barely any damage. Why

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Big mgs fan ...I dont think they shouldve went open world with this
I think they should've just made the open world smaller but made much more dense environments e.g. more infiltration missions indoors. There was a lack of indoor "MGS" feeling missions. Too much emphasis on outdoor stuff. I would've preferred more missions like the one near the mansion and whatnot.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Big mgs fan ...I dont think they shouldve went open world with this
The open world tied in with the story of big boss. Solid Snake was sent for specific missions in one area. Big boss was sent to take over the world. Considering this was a next gen release though, there should have been a few bases in TPP that were the size of shadow Moses.