[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
brehs, did you all hear this convo in the Angola/Zaire region?

A couple of African PF soldiers were talking about how the mercenary with the demon horn was running around Zaire crippling their operations and said, "It can't be Big Boss because I heard reports that he was spotted in another Southern African country doing wet work. A friend of mine down there told me that this guy is building an army."

And the first guy replied, "wait. . You telling me there's two Big Bosses?" :ohhh:

^^ I got interrupted after a stupid jackal attacked me but it was at the oil rig facility.

funny thing is, i think ive heard this convo before but never paid attention to it :ohhh:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
funny thing is, i think ive heard this convo before but never paid attention to it :ohhh:

Outer Heaven :wow:

Imma go back and try to see if the convo happens again, I thought I heard it too

Last night I was doing a bunch of new side ops and the soviet soldiers were saying "the man with one eye, his horn grows bigger and more demonic" or some shid like that :heh:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
fCdAWJc.jpg

:russ: :duck:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So you build your online base through the campaign? I see people talking about nukes and everything and I have no idea what it means. I'm on the third campaign mission or so

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
So you build your online base through the campaign? I see people talking about nukes and everything and I have no idea what it means. I'm on the third campaign mission or so
Yes. You'll get to a point in the game where you'll be able to start building your own online base [FOB - Forward Operating Base]. People will attack your base and you'll be able to attack theirs. You'll develop more weapons, more platforms, and eventually nukes if you choose to. Its a fun portion of the game. You also have Metal Gear Online to dig into too. Take your time with the game. Its a blast. And don't get caught up in side missions you don't want to do. Those are optional and do not effect the story. They're there for loot grinding purposes.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes. You'll get to a point in the game where you'll be able to start building your own online base [FOB - Forward Operating Base]. People will attack your base and you'll be able to attack theirs. You'll develop more weapons, more platforms, and eventually nukes if you choose to. Its a fun portion of the game. You also have Metal Gear Online to dig into too. Take your time with the game. Its a blast. And don't get caught up in side missions you don't want to do. Those are optional and do not effect the story. They're there for loot grinding purposes.
That's dope, I can't wait to jump in now. I was reading this thread feeling lost lol. Definitely gonna dive in over the next few weeks and really get into the story :salute:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
That's dope, I can't wait to jump in now. I was reading this thread feeling lost lol. Definitely gonna dive in over the next few weeks and really get into the story :salute:
MGS has a confusing story even for the veteran fans of the series. The story overall is good, but don't expect something completely fleshed out where you end with answers to all the questions you may have. The game is VERY unfriendly to new comers with loads of important story aspects left unmentioned because for the most part, you should already know what happens. It sucks for new comers but fans of the series should have expected it to be this way. The gameplay is the most impressive aspect of this game.