[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He's casual.

Spawn points need work. Everything else is crybaby. U see my viseo. Bodied 2 cloaks Easy. I think playing with headphones makes the game easier. U can hear everything and that little shimmer is an easy target. I got killed by standard assault classes more then any other weapon in the game.
Mech u just wait till they walk a by and shoot them mech must be flanked and are a kill streak item balanced by the bounty system.
You see his video? He was killing just fine.

I'm far from casual and all the shyt he said is accurate. The Walker's mobility is bullshyt, who would be mad if they weren't in the game at all? Nobody.
The Cloaking ability is annoying, yes I've killed them, but it's overly annoying, and it makes no sense why you can stay cloaked even while getting shot and while you are shooting. Now THAT'S casual. I don't understand why these games continue to put this cloaking bullshyt in multiplayer games. NVGs is the answer, but still... meeeeeeeh

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
You see his video? He was killing just fine.

I'm far from casual and all the shyt he said is accurate. The Walker's mobility is bullshyt, who would be mad if they weren't in the game at all? Nobody.
The Cloaking ability is annoying, yes I've killed them, but it's overly annoying, and it makes no sense why you can stay cloaked even while getting shot and while you are shooting. Now THAT'S casual. I don't understand why these games continue to put this cloaking bullshyt in multiplayer games. NVGs is the answer, but still... meeeeeeeh

Basically you don't want to play with night vision or have any kill streak items on the stage.

Your team also gets a mech and if you Fulton the mech player u get all his points. There is balance here.

I bet people as to nerf assault weapons. They drop fast as shyt and have great range. Everyone gotta eat no matter what

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
at the least cloaking SHOULD be deactivated or weakened if you're getting shot up :francis:
Clickers aren't getting most the kills. They are sneaking up on people and grabbing them most the time for those bounty points. Everyone gotta eat.

If u r shooting a cloaker he's going to die most the time because the weapons are so OP

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
Clickers aren't getting most the kills. They are sneaking up on people and grabbing them most the time for those bounty points. Everyone gotta eat.

If u r shooting a cloaker he's going to die most the time because the weapons are so OP
not debating that, cloakers don't even bother me in-game but just thinking about it logically wtf is the cloak still working and they getting wet up?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Basically you don't want to play with night vision or have any kill streak items on the stage.

Your team also gets a mech and if you Fulton the mech player u get all his points. There is balance here.

I bet people as to nerf assault weapons. They drop fast as shyt and have great range. Everyone gotta eat no matter what
Elaborate on how it makes sense that you don't lose cloak while sprinting, shooting, getting shot, and how you cannot be marked when spotted while in cloak?

Keep playing tho, you'll see eventually how annoying this shyt will become.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Elaborate on how it makes sense that you don't lose cloak while sprinting, shooting, getting shot, and how you cannot be marked when spotted while in cloak?

Cloak should definitely be something that loses its potency depending on what's going on. If you run the cloak should break up a bit. If you get hit, the cloak should deactivate completely for an amount of time.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Even without the cloaking ability, the Infiltrator Class crouch walks faster than anybody else. So they would still have an advantage in sneaking around. Now they basically will always have a slight visual advantage on the battlefield unless you have your NVGs on. I'm just going to rock NVGs the entire time on Night maps, fukk it.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Cloak should definitely be something that loses its potency depending on what's going on. If you run the cloak should break up a bit. If you get hit, the cloak should deactivate completely for an amount of time.
This is stuff that would have been addressed in a beta, because anybody who tested this would have told Konami, nah GTFOH :camby:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

I'm just not getting killed enough by people with cloaked weapons. What is their default weapon? I mOstly see them grabbing

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
It's not like they're invisible. I see them clear as day when they run by

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm just not getting killed enough by people with cloaked weapons. What is their default weapon? I mOstly see them grabbing
I've messed around with all of them so far to be honest. Played some with the DMR, LMGs, Sniper, the AR they start you with. ARs are king, and I think the sway on the DMR is bullshyt. It's hard to hit a shot while in 3rd Person with it, and it's Semi-Auto.

EDIT: Read it too fast, but they can get an AR as their default weapon, every class can.

Last edited:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just played a control map and the experience was :ehh:

Idk probably wont be playing this mp, there are better timesinks than this. The cloak bullshyt is garbage too:francis: