[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
I'm probably over 150 hours into this game, GOTY and this video doesn't change my thoughts on it.
Didn't change my thoughts either. I got over 90 hrs on it.

But the flaws he listed are def real. Story disjointed, missions repetitive, no good bosses mainly. Did have me second guessing this platinum trophy grind.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Didn't change my thoughts either. I got over 90 hrs on it.

But the flaws he listed are def real. Story disjointed, missions repetitive, no good bosses mainly. Did have me second guessing this platinum trophy grind.
He also said the gameplay is mediocre, which I can't cosign

I also didn't have a problem with the Development system in place in the game. He was crying about that, stuff that didn't really bother me at all was reasons why he shytted on the game. And I've always said, the missions are as repetitive as you allow them to be. There's too many items in the game to always play them the same way. Clearly the repeat missions were filler, but outside of that, there's more than enough content to play in this game.

I enjoyed the story and how it was presented in the tapes. The ending didn't disappoint me either. I thought it was dope and and I liked how they tied it into the rest of the later Big Boss games
:manny:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps

I also didn't have a problem with the Development system in place in the game. He was crying about that, stuff that didn't really bother me at all was reasons why he shytted on the game. And I've always said, the missions are as repetitive as you allow them to be. There's too many items in the game to always play them the same way. Clearly the repeat missions were filler, but outside of that, there's more than enough content to play in this game.

I enjoyed the story and how it was presented in the tapes. The ending didn't disappoint me either. I thought it was dope and and I liked how they tied it into the rest of the later Big Boss games
I still liked the game, and was engaged story wise and thought gameplay was great.

Im an MGS stan though. shyt I once played them all in a row plot wise in like 2 weeks time just to experience the whole plot in one long chronological order :mjcry: (minus portable ops and MG1 MG2.)

Snake Eater( beat this 15 times at least), Peace Walker, MGS1, MGS2, MGS4 :ahh: Good times.

This game was great but there are aspects of the older games I miss.

I was one of those dudes that like 45 minute cutscenes :mjcry:

But this game is really fun fukking with the different ways to tackles objectives.

It's almost always easiest to tranq snipe/worm hole fulton though once you reach that point in development though.

I've been going rambo lately cause I went stealth for so long, I been blowin dudes the fukk up.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Yeah dude was bugging there. I think that guy's issue is he just wants a different game. :manny:

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
142 hours in and still playing :wow:

Getting all the level 6 weapons and full camouflage :wow:

I'm gonna be unstoppable :win:
I learnt early on Penetration:dame:is the key in later game. Also grouping stats..people act like its wrong of you to use shotguns and launchers in FOBs...nikka....then don't come to my base trying to take my shyt:childplease:

What I'm suppose to do? Have fun:mjlol:Nah you dyin on sight:demonic:

Also using soldiers with abilities seems to work wonders in FOB..I don't even bring Snake anymore

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I still liked the game, and was engaged story wise and thought gameplay was great.

Im an MGS stan though. shyt I once played them all in a row plot wise in like 2 weeks time just to experience the whole plot in one long chronological order :mjcry: (minus portable ops and MG1 MG2.)

Snake Eater( beat this 15 times at least), Peace Walker, MGS1, MGS2, MGS4 :ahh: Good times.

This game was great but there are aspects of the older games I miss.

I was one of those dudes that like 45 minute cutscenes :mjcry:

But this game is really fun fukking with the different ways to tackles objectives.

It's almost always easiest to tranq snipe/worm hole fulton though once you reach that point in development though.

I've been going rambo lately cause I went stealth for so long, I been blowin dudes the fukk up.
The covered in blood look isnt the hottest.

Dont end up like me :mjcry:

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
And I just came in here to post I got 70 hours in and only like 22 %.:mindblown:

Then I read these post :mindblown:140 hours got dayum.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Here's an odd trick for the total stealth missions: use a level 6 cgm rocket launcher from afar. They can't see you if they're all dead :demonic: