[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What ya'll think about this?

I agree with what he said about the story. Gameplay wise I did think they dropped the ball in certain aspects. Too many missions were "Go get this dude!"

Idk.. Like it's an amazing game but for sure I'd take a more linear approach to the pacing and trim the fat. There really was no need for all this fultoning and motherbase stuff. Idk. I'm just glad there's a new game at least.
Hopefully they ditch this episodic crap next go round and make a MGS game that's more in line with the older games in terms of pacing and structure but redesign the open world. I miss the interior locations of MGS.

I just don't know man..

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
I agree with what he said about the story. Gameplay wise I did think they dropped the ball in certain aspects. Too many missions were "Go get this dude!"

Idk.. Like it's an amazing game but for sure I'd take a more linear approach to the pacing and trim the fat. There really was no need for all this fultoning and motherbase stuff. Idk. I'm just glad there's a new game at least.
Hopefully they ditch this episodic crap next go round and make a MGS game that's more in line with the older games in terms of pacing and structure but redesign the open world. I miss the interior locations of MGS.

I just don't know man..
I liked the game but it's hard to argue the points this dude made honestly :manny:

MGS3 still da GOAT and this video convinced me to stop going for platinum, I been forcing myself through the last 20 side ops.

Ima just finish Virtues Last Reward instead.

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
It's just data miners finding a chapter that was originally planned, but eventually got cut. People find all sorts of things while data mining. This is no different.

Without Kojima, how are we gonna get Chapter 3?

I don't think it's happening breh.

Japanese Dataminers have found THREE chapters with sounds....music....etc...........allegedly

Everything right now is just a big ruse until either Konami talks or until Hideos NDA is over

The data is in the game...and its well encrypted...its not like Hideo literally made the game by himself....Metal Gear Rising exist...

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Japanese Dataminers have found THREE chapters with sounds....music....etc...........allegedly

Everything right now is just a big ruse until either Konami talks or until Hideos NDA is over

The data is in the game...and its well encrypted...its not like Hideo literally made the game by himself....Metal Gear Rising exist...

what site you following breh? i been following a sub reddit but i havent seen anything other than the peace title card and the stuff about portopia.

People on the "Neverbegameover" subreddit been going at it trying to find any and everything that shows signs of chapter 3. Even digging through PT

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
ohhh, youll see how good it is :demonic:
I can't think of a single MGS ending that didn't leave me with a million more questions than I had before I started playing. To me its par for the course and fans should know the deal by now. It's my favorite game series but that doesn't mean I would argue that it's the perfect game. It definitely has its flaws.

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Finally got the Raiden Suit. It's time to fight these bears like a G
@-DMP- The forbidden website....and it's relatives :demonic:

I wanted to post information that I stumble upon but spoilers.....people are still are in Chapter 1 (which is fine) but it's hard having a convo here

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I can't think of a single MGS ending that didn't leave me with a million more questions than I had before I started playing. To me its par for the course and fans should know the deal by now. It's my favorite game series but that doesn't mean I would argue that it's the perfect game. It definitely has its flaws.

Lol its not so much the ending (albeit, its divisive), its the execution. you gotta play chapter 2 to see what the real gripes are.

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds

And everything around it, JPN version has the real leaks. Most of the shyt that's being leaked is 75% imagination. Allegedly some guy on reddit discovered Chapter 3 hints by emulating the MSX game that's been broken down inside of MGSV...but I believe he fukked up during the process

All the other information revolve around cut content and modding which is still in it's infancy.

Skullface's rifle is in the game also...with stats
There also is data regarding Skullface's recruitment into Motherbase

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

They didn't even give us mission 51 and that was almost done. You really think they have a hidden chapter 3? Nah.... Wishful thinking.

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
They didn't even give us mission 51 and that was almost done. You really think they have a hidden chapter 3? Nah.... Wishful thinking.

Hideo clearly left his crumbs all over the game and I'm sure studio. Konami still has time to do what they have to do. It's possible for future DLC. And let's keep it real Konami employee's aren't slouches. They spent their last month working on MGSV just so the PC version could be launched with console at the same time. And the game is damn near FLAWLESS when it comes to bugs. I've only seen 3-4 legit bugs, for a game this big that's damn good.

@GoldenGlove It's mos def GOTY..it's just the fact you can see it could of been game of the next 5 damn years if they release Chapters, DLC and hotfixes (MGO)

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Hideo clearly left his crumbs all over the game and I'm sure studio. Konami still has time to do what they have to do. It's possible for future DLC. And let's keep it real Konami employee's aren't slouches. They spent their last month working on MGSV just so the PC version could be launched with console at the same time. And the game is damn near FLAWLESS when it comes to bugs. I've only seen 3-4 legit bugs, for a game this big that's damn good.
True. I think the only way we're getting a chapter 3 is with dlc