[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn I just took it back to MGS3's intro song. :wow:

Soooo good.

MGSV had some nasty tracks on there too. That shyt that plays at the end is piff. The shyt that plays when you light the Phantom Blunt is :banderas:.

Edit: God damn I was a kid when I played this. I don't even remember this song??

This song sound so damn good. :dwillhuh:

:wow:

Edit 2: OHHH this tape is in MGSV too as a song.

*Heads back to Mngawhateverhteufukkit'scalled Village.*

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps

Soooo good.

MGSV had some nasty tracks on there too. That shyt that plays at the end is piff. The shyt that plays when you light the Phantom Blunt is :banderas:.

Edit: God damn I was a kid when I played this. I don't even remember this song??

I flipped this sample 2 years ago such piff :banderas:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Soooo good.

At the end eh?:sas1:

:lolbron:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
:whoo:

That metal gear boss.

Thats some next gen boss shyt. :wow:

Konami Says There Are No Plans for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Story DLC
BY: BRANDON ORSELLI ON SEPTEMBER 26, 2015, 3:09 PM EDT @BRANDONORSELLI

We’ve learned there are currently no plans for story-based downloadable content for Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.

The news comes via Konami’s community manager for the franchise, Robert Allan Peeler. “I don’t have any particular story content to announce, no,” said Peeler when responding to a fan pondering if the game would receive story DLC.

It’s worth mentioning that Konami showed off new costumes and horse-related DLC for the game at this year’s Tokyo Game Show.

We’ll keep you guys posted.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Kojima the fukk up.

fakkit should have made the most hottest parts of the game FIRst as a frame work and then added his bullshyt filler in later. Seemed like the nikka was making it up as he went along.

Metal Gear Solid Composer Says Hideo Kojima Split from Konami Over Budget Issues [UPDATE]
BY: BRANDON ORSELLI ON JULY 31, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT @BRANDONORSELLI

[UPDATE]

We’ve gotten some folks writing in (including our source) saying that we’ve misquoted Rika Muranaka, and Muranaka has gone on to make a follow-up clarification saying her words are her own opinion, and may or may not be indicative of the current situation at Konami.

We’ve transcribed the most pertinent quote from her (which you can listen to as well), below:

Rika Muranaka: “His business sense, you know, isn’t there. He’s a creator and he doesn’t think about the money, or budget, anything like that. So he’ll continue to make, keep making, you know, game, you know, how he feels like making. He feels like this is complete – when it’s not complete, he keeps going, you know? And that’s just how he is. And the company can’t afford to have an employee like that. They need to be budget, they need to have a deadline, they need to have a recouping point. And Hideo doesn’t think like that.”

[Transcriber’s note: One of the interviewers began a question, but Muranaka continued.] Muranaka: He just wants to make – create. Whatever he feels like creating.

A later clarification was issued by Muranaka, in which she claimed articles (like our own) were published based solely on speculation, and not on fact, and that her words were not the reason for Kojima’s “soon departure from Konami.”

She also pointed out that “Konami, on the other hand, is a business that is focused on budget and profit. So I simply expressed that maybe that has something to do with it. But never did I say that either Kojima or Konami is at fault. The truth of the matter is that I don’t know why he’s leaving, and therefore I don’t have an answer.”

Hopefully we’ll find out the truth of the matter after Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Painships on September 1st.

[ORIGINAL STORY]

We’ve potentially learned the real cause of the ongoing fallout between Konami, Hideo Kojima, and his rumored to be now-disbanded Kojima Productions development studio.

The news comes via series composer/music coordinator Rika Muranaka (Editor’s note: She worked on Metal Gear Solid 1-3), who did an interview with Fragged Nation. In the interview, Muranaka talked about the controversy surrounding Kojima and Konami.

According to Muranaka, the main reason for the split between Konami and Kojima is Kojima’s remuneration coming in the form of a salary, as he does not receive anything from game sales or profits.

She went on to say that with Kojima taking only taking a salary and focusing on the game instead, the project was over-budget and late.

With those factors taken into account, Konami’s irritation came in with how the project was late. Kojima didn’t seem to care and he had many expenses such as upgrading the Fox Engine, where he used the argument that the engine wasn’t finished as an excuse to further delay the project.

During this time Kojima continued to get a salary and like a traditional Japanese salaryman, he did not receive a share of the profits. Konami seemed dissatisfied with the arrangement. During this time Kojima was a creator and though his games were hits, he didn’t get bonuses.

In her eyes, Hideo Kojima is a fantastic creator, perhaps one of the greatest of our time. However, he didn’t have the business sense that Konami hoped for.

An example was given where many would try to lower foliage resolution below what Kojima wanted, as much as possible, to finish up the work’s appearance properly. She also went on to say that she’d get requests to make 30 or 40 songs, and at the end the majority weren’t used.

Kojima would ask her to make one more, or another, or another. He’d pick ones that he liked, or things the fans wanted to see, or things the fans wanted to hear. And so with that precise understanding, the music was prepared by Muranaka.

When it comes to music, she has directly worked with Kojima and has insight into the internal affairs of the company.

In her opinion, the music in Metal Gear Solid V has suffered due to them not being able to afford her. They removed her from the equation and went to where the composers were, and hired them directly.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is launching across PlayStation 3, Playstation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on September 1st. A Windows version is coming later, on September 15th.

Editor’s Note: Claude Smith contributed to this story via translations and by providing additional sources.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
quiet_metal_gear_solid_v_cosplay_by_lucyrose3-d7lrcux.jpg

63872d468ed257cf0ee58ef245773855.jpg

BTaRSHaCYAA-E85.png

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz

And if I had to rank them it would be as follows:

Tier 1:

MGS1
MGS4 (Game will always be near and dear to my heart. I still play it for nostalgia overload. return to shadow moses :ohlawd: really need this on PS4)
MGSV: TPP(Had this had the complete story, it would be tier 0)

Tier 2:

MGS3 (I probably need to go back and play this, I'd probably rank it higher but, I did not like the jungle setting at the time. Or playing as big boss)
MGS2
MG2

Tier 3:
Peace Walker (only because it was on vita, had this been a ps3 exclusive it would have been MUCH better off)
MGSV:GZ (Would have been better off if it remained apart of TPP, good prologue tho)

Tier 4:

Portable Ops
MG1 (Time hasn't been kind to this one. Can't even crawl )

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thinking on this, I think this game is a classic still.
I think people just are having mgs2 feelings all over.

From gaf:
Let me start off by saying that I do understand how people can be disappointed (storywise) with this game. And I accept it, and in quite a few parts agree with most comments, especially the presentation (the episode thing with the credits is meh) and pacing.

Ofcourse cut content is one of a lot of people's grudges as well. Game for a lot of people feels unfinished and needed that mission 51. And I agree. The game needed mission 51. And we all know that the reason probably is Konami-Kojima feud that prevented it. But I am glad that in a way I experienced in some form the conclusion to one story arc that was left unfinished.

My post though is not about explaining what I find wrong or right in people's disappointment. My post is more about deja vu...

Its 2001. I have a brand new PS2 which I bought especially for MGS2. The game that back then, I -and a lot of others- believe it to be the LAST MGS game ever made by Kojima. Back then we believed it. Because it was the first time he ever said it. So we were all prepared for an epic ride.

-let me put a disclaimer now just for the sake of good order, I LOVE MGS2 and I loved it when I first played it, not after 10 years have passed like a lot of people -

Its finally november 2001, the year of the SNAKE and I pick up my copy. Game gets ecstatic reviews and the hype train is pulling 700+ mph... I go home, start the game, finish the tanker mission and then my jaw hits the floor so hard that it takes 3 hours to manage to pull it together.

"WTF is going on?"

I press on with the game, when suddenly I am greeted with new elements of MGS Saga:

"LALILULELO" or otherwise know as "PATRIOTS"

The game proceeds to speak in great lengths about the Patriots. A faceless organization of the most powerful people who in some way control the fate of the world. Its as vague as fukk. And you dont know anything about who or what the Patriots actually are. Patriots this, Patriots that, Patriots Patriots Patriots...

And then come the final moments of the game.

Some wierd A.I. appear to be in control, and what you thought your mission was, Ocelot says it actually wasnt, and then the AIs say that what Ocelot thought actually isnt and... you get the idea.

What were those AIs?
What are the Patriots?
Who are they?
and a ton of other questions explode in everyone's brain.

Then comes the ending. And what was the ending?

Liquid Ocelot hijacking Ray and shouting "I'm off to finish Patriots for good!". Then you get a disk that supposedly has information about the Patriots. But you never see the contents of that disk... Snake gives the torch to Raiden, leaves and credits roll. Patriots are dead for a 100 years is the last thing you hear. BOOM

Wait what?

Now remember the situation again: we think, we absolutely believe, that we are playing Kojima's last MGS game. EVER.

And it ends with leaving almost everything hanging in the air. We dont know who or what the Patriots are, we dont know what exactly the AIs are , hell we arent even sure wtf this whole mission was about. And everything ends in a cliffhanger. And we believe that, that's it.

People of course raged and raged for years. They considered this game a huge mess of incoherent brainstorming from Kojima. And a lot still do to this day. But a lot of people who thought that way about MGS2 back in the day, now, after many years they finaly started to appreciate it more. Some even consider it the "gospel" in the Saga.

This whole thing -and pardon the huge post- is extremely deja vu with MGSV for me. I think a lot of people are mad for its shortcomings (and I can understand that just I understood it back then with MGS2) , but once the dust has settled I think there is going to be a similar reaction to MGS2 for quite a few people.

Its all very reminiscent with what happened with that game.

Peace (that chapter 3 you never got :D )

:mjcry:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

And if I had to rank them it would be as follows:

Tier 1:

MGS1
MGS4 (Game will always be near and dear to my heart. I still play it for nostalgia overload. return to shadow moses :ohlawd: really need this on PS4)
MGSV: TPP(Had this had the complete story, it would be tier 0)

Tier 2:

MGS3 (I probably need to go back and play this, I'd probably rank it higher but, I did not like the jungle setting at the time. Or playing as big boss)
MGS2
MG2

Tier 3:
Peace Walker (only because it was on vita, had this been a ps3 exclusive it would have been MUCH better off)
MGSV:GZ (Would have been better off if it remained apart of TPP, good prologue tho)

Tier 4:

Portable Ops
MG1 (Time hasn't been kind to this one. Can't even crawl )

peace walker was ported to PS3 in HD as part of the MGS collection. I have it on both systems, and yes it's obviously MUCH better on PS3.