[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many tanks in this game are there and which one do I need for this 'recapture the port facilities' combat deployment mission.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm really enjoying the game, but I can say that something was lost in transitioning to an "open world" game.

The levels/missions and their solutions were a lot more distinctive and memorable. It was more puzzle like in that sense.

But a lot was gained in the seemingly limitless sandbox gameplay.

Will hold my verdict till i finish the game:ehh:

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
So I'm up to mission 8 or so now.... I dunno about this game I mean it's definitely got the gameplay on lock....but why does everything have to be tied to mother base? like for mission 9 and 10 I think I need a missiles but I can't develop one yet because my soldiers suck but I ain't tryna grind out old mission for troops I just wanna beat the brakes off some dudes. Why do I have to grind to get the good gear? :why:
Also mother base is pretty boring, run around kung fuing up clowns?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
So I'm up to mission 8 or so now.... I dunno about this game I mean it's definitely got the gameplay on lock....but why does everything have to be tied to mother base? like for mission 9 and 10 I think I need a missiles but I can't develop one yet because my soldiers suck but I ain't tryna grind out old mission for troops I just wanna beat the brakes off some dudes. Why do I have to grind to get the good gear? :why:
You don't have to grind for much. Scoop up a few soldiers here and there and you'll be fine. I can tell you I'm on mission 19 and I haven't NEEDED any missiles. Those are just recommendations to make it easier for you. I made due just fine with C4 for the majority of the game so far. I actually didn't use any launchers at all until mission 18 where I CHOSE to shoot a helicopter down. I agree, there isn't a ton of stuff to do on MB. I rarely go back.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

You don't have to grind, you just have to be more selective which soldiers you choose to fulton extract. There's an upgrade for your scope which scans enemies and shows their rankings, so it becomes easier to find only useful ones. Early on you can look for guys with at least two C's, but more importantly you gotta make it a rule to scoop up every single guy with a B ranking or higher. Once you've scanned them with the scope, put a marker on them so you can keep track of them at all times and make capturing them alive a priority.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Thinking on this, I think this game is a classic still.
I think people just are having mgs2 feelings all over.

From gaf:

:mjcry:
:camby:

the issues with this game aren't remotely similar to the gripes people had with MGS2. with that game people were mad about playing as Raiden, and the confusing mindfukk story. but it was a complete and finished game, that more or less tied up it's loose ends

MGSV just feels unfinished. the twist at the end works, and makes sense. but the lead up to it seems to be missing some pieces. I wonder if the ending we got (mission 46) was supposed to come before or after the cut mission 51. there were 31 unique missions in chapter 1, but only 7 in chapter 2. who knows, maybe Kojima ran out of ideas, or realized what he wanted to do wouldn't work. but I think the suits at Konami were just on some....
200_s.gif

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
you can move everyone with any RnD skill to RnD, develop the launcher, and then move them back

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
How fukked am I if my horse got killed? I kind of trotted too far and fast and ran into an out post and barely survived myself. And I barely got out of the hospital and just in the first mission in the desert.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
fukk that horse

Upgrade your arm and sprint across the stage. I'm running fast as that horse on foot.

Cyborg ninja faster then d horse
Raiden suit faster then cyborg ninja

Boss mobility upgrade slightly slower then d horse when sprinting.

Fulton a jeep and use it. I pull up a jeep to an outpost like, aight who the fukk want what.
fukk d horse.

Get s rank on all levels like an elite gamer and get that super suit upgrade.

What's funny is the buddies can't die so this nikka making up shyt

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I do think get why people aren't feeling the story.

The skull face motivational breakdown was hot. The twist with metal gear. The explanation for the virus leading up to the skull bosses and the metal gear boss? Come on.

This shot is fire