[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Sheeeeit the way they were putting together those levels with the fox engine they could have another metal gear in 2 years.

It looked easy as hell to build a level with varying weather dynamics

Nah, its bigger than metal gear....you make a proprietary engine to sell and have other devs pay to use the kits.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Nah, its bigger than metal gear....you make a proprietary engine to sell and have other devs pay to use the kits.

I wonder if Konami owns the fox engine now.

He gave them the Japanese equivalent if the unreal engine then they kicked him to the curb

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Pictures of Japanese MGSV: The Phantom Pain store promo box
March 30, 2015 75 Comments
Here are some pictures of the Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain promo box as it can be found in Japanese stores (posted by KJY on Twitter). This is a dummy box for stores to put on display meant to promote the game before release. Notice it still says ‘A Hideo Kojima Game’, but it’s unsure if this text will also be on the final box art of the game, as this may be an older item. You can also see a nice timeline of the previous Metal Gear Solid games, and a list of features that will be in The Phantom Pain.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
MGSV-The-Phantom-Pain-Dummy-Pack-2.jpg

Who is that man with long white hair in the bottom row of pictures....is that Major Zero?

latest

I can't really tell whether or not he has the scar.

Naijan

All outta Gill
Daps
Reppin
SoCal

Who is that man with long white hair in the bottom row of pictures....is that Major Zero?

latest

his name is code talker(new character) and is more than likely native american. Also Major Zero will not appear in the game, he will be only be referred to and in flashbacks

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
To bad his last project wasn't next gennonly. Now wit will be a limited experience

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps

latest

That was my first thought. Looks just like him.

-DMP-

Zero is a lot younger around this time, this is in the 80s, MGS4 was like 2014 or something. No way it can be him

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Zero is a lot younger around this time, this is in the 80s, MGS4 was like 2014 or something. No way it can be him
My bet is that it isn't him, but it all really depends on where Kojima is going with the game. Skipping around the timeline for the sake of filling story gaps wouldn't be a surprise.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
My bet is that it isn't him, but it all really depends on where Kojima is going with the game. Skipping around the timeline for the sake of filling story gaps wouldn't be a surprise.

I agree, but how can he explain it if it is him? Probably some old dude in Afghanistan that helps boss out some how.

Can't wait for this game to drop, the development for this shyt was way too long