[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
That infinity bandana brehs...:whew:

Been farming units...My combat squad is S++ deep...

nbyijp.png

The homie Glacier don't play non lethal shyt...:ufdup:

34fid7c.png

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Unless you've done Quiet's 150 side op and mission 45 you or have the butterfly emblem active before you do mission 43 and maxed out Quiet's bond, it won't unlock

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Another example of these tasks being some bullshyt...

The Pitch Black Mission task where you have to escape before the Walker Gears section off the place... I haven't used Youtube to figure this stuff out, just been doing it blind. SO I cut off the power to the oil, then I plant the bomb, leave unnoticed, call in my chopper, get on the chopper, THEN detonate the bomb... you would think that works right? Nope, shyt teleports me off the chopper and of course you cannot run out of the hotzone before the Walker Gears get there. After doing the mission like 3 times, I say whatever and check Youtube. You have to leave on a materials crate. Which I figured... I even tested it before hand but I didn't know you had to hold triangle to execute it. SMH.

My initial way of doing it should have worked though
:camby:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Just finished Mission 30, end of Chapter 1.

Finally, now I know who Skull b*stard was and it all makes sense especially when he told Chico in GZ that "me and your boss go way back" i.e. Metal Gear Solid 3 and the fukkery of the Snake Eater operation

Now I don't know what to expect in Chapter 2 but :russ: at the preview and Ocelot saying "what if I'm a spy?" :dead:

Yeah, you're always a triple agent in every damn game :laugh:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Just finished Mission 30, end of Chapter 1.

Finally, now I know who Skull b*stard was and it all makes sense especially when he told Chico in GZ that "me and your boss go way back"

Now I don't know what to expect in Chapter 2 but :russ: at the preview and Ocelot saying "what if I'm a spy?" :dead:

Yeah, you're always a triple agent in every damn game :laugh:

Everyone always says they know who Skull Face is but I'm missing the memo. He's a brand new character with no previous backstory in MGS besides MGSV and Ground Zeroes. :francis:

edit: granted they did tack on the "he was always there" thing on the tapes but that doesn't prove shyt, it was just a tack on

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Everyone always says they know who Skull Face is but I'm missing the memo. He's a brand new character with no previous backstory in MGS besides MGSV and Ground Zeroes. :francis:

edit: granted they did tack on the "he was always there" thing on the tapes but that doesn't prove shyt, it was just a tack on

He obviously wasn't IN MGS3 but him being at the CIA and part of the operation with Major Zero makes sense. It's obviously Kojima just doing what he does... adding shid to the past of the timeline to loop in a new character.

Like Master Miller losing an arm and a leg...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Come on man I'm just about to start CHP 31 and dudes in here just babbling spoilers smh.

Anyway the pacing between those chapters is weird. Like it shouldn't have even went back to ACC.

So far though I'm amazed at how varied Afghan and AFrica is. Like the spot in Chapter 30 I never saw before and it felt like MGS4 to me.

Ciggavelli

|โˆž||โˆž||โˆž||โˆž|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Gonna get back into this game tonight. I had to take a few days off because I was getting bored. :manny:

I dunno how you all beat this so quickly. shyt kinda gets repetitive. Or maybe it's just me :manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gonna get back into this game tonight. I had to take a few days off because I was getting bored. :manny:

I dunno how you all beat this so quickly. shyt kinda gets repetitive. Or maybe it's just me :manny:
Man y'all need to stop using this word so much. Most of the time it doesn't mean what y'all want to say. I'm going to say you're just burnt out because you must be playing for long stretches of time doing side ops or free roam. There's a variety of things to do, if you're bored than I'm sorry to say but that's just you.

I'm starting Mission 31 right now and it's been getting interesting. What mission are you on? What's your playstyle?? Are you just burning through sideops and doing free roam only?? I switch it up. Mission, Mother base, side op, Mission, listen to tapes, customize stuff, staff etc. There's so much to do I can't fathom how you're bored already unless you're just making it boring yourself. Then again, "boredom" is relative so it's not really saying much. :manny:.

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|โˆž||โˆž||โˆž||โˆž|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Man y'all need to stop using this word so much. Most of the time it doesn't mean what y'all want to say. I'm going to say you're just burnt out because you must be playing for long stretches of time doing side ops or free roam. There's a variety of things to do, if you're bored than I'm sorry to say but that's just you.

I'm starting Mission 31 right now and it's been getting interesting. What mission are you on? What's your playstyle?? Are you just burning through sideops and doing free roam only?? I switch it up. Mission, Mother base, side op, Mission, listen to tapes, customize stuff, staff etc. There's so much to do I can't fathom how you're bored already unless you're just making it boring yourself. Then again, "boredom" is relative so it's not really saying much. :manny:.
Yeah, I was doing a lot of side ops to up my base. I'm on mission 22 I think. I'm gonna quit with the side ops for now. That was what made me bored before too.

I haven't even used quiet or d walker yet