[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Idk about Venom and the real Big Boss meeting to start Outer Heaven because if I'm not mistaken, at the end of TPP where Venom is in the bathroom on Mother Base you hear gunfire and see the Operation Intrude N313 tape in the player which is a heavy handed allusion to Solid Snake's arrival at Mother Base which ended up with him killing Venom...and the real Big Boss sent Solid to do the deed. For the first spoiler and the comment related to Ep. 51: That would be great, As nice as this game is, there are still many things to expound upon as they happened in the MG universe (i.e. no more drawings for renditions of what occurred in the past lol)

Solid Snake killed Venom in Outer Heaven, that was MG1. If you pause the chronologies it says that Solid Snake kills Big Boss' phantom during the events of Metal Gear 1. But we do know the real Big Boss sent Solid to do it. They still left a lot of things open-ended and didn't quite explain how the game leads directly back into Metal Gear 1.

Darth Nubian

I bought my first Ki from my baby momma brother
Daps
Reppin
The Black Star
Im taking my time and only up to episode 19, my RD team is level 24....is that high, low, or just about right?

I'm in the upper Thirties and only on episode 14. Everyone's playthrough is going to be different based on your playstyle. That's the best part of this game.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
why they got me doing the same missions on extreme ? how many main missions are there ?
That threw me off as well, but when you get to them, you're so much further along weapon/gear wise that they're not too bad.

Well that Skulls Mission at the Airport is, but the others are straight.

I don't remember the exact number of rehashed missions to be honest, but some of the Side Ops are basically Main Missions that you have to do to get more of the story out of the game. It's weird how they went about that to me.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Brehs please tell me the snake eater theme is somewhere on cassette in this game :to:

shyt was the GOAT video game song :wow:

I wasn't bout it enough to get it in mgs4:francis:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I have done the customizing on a couple of weopons

I can't find the menu option anymore

Idroid > Motherbase> customize
He probably died (infection, combat deployment, etc....) can you redo the side op?

EDIT: maybe he got transferred out of R&D?

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Breh I knew but I haven't seen it yet. I didn't do all my side ops.

Hell, I still haven't fast traveled on the map.
Damn nikka at the very least do the "find the legendary gunsmith" side ops..its only 3 of em :heh:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Mission 43 had the peace walker theme so I'm sure it's there somewhere

Peace walker was mad underrated man :francis: I went into that game with low expectations and was blown away. Ended up being my favorite behind mgs3 and mgs1.

Yeah breh my guns tiger stripe pink with custom barrels n shyt :wow:

Hop out the helicopter looking like Cam in that I really mean it video :wow:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Peace walker was mad underrated man :francis: I went into that game with low expectations and was blown away. Ended up being my favorite behind mgs3 and mgs1.

I agree, it needed the full console treatment though. Playing it in the collection still made it feel like a psp game and there's a few aspects of the game that feel primitive, and there's things in it like unbeatable missions without the correct equipment, repetitive cutscenes and snake's model looked weird lol