[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

ridge

Daps
Regardless of what I said earlier (witcher >) this game is incredible

What an experience. It's almost over

I also didn't realize I put 50+ hours into this already and I still got a nice chunk left, let alone the side ops

Shout out @GoldenGlove 's reply post to me. While I still feel witcher 3 is better, I'm looking at mgs for the game that it is and I'm really appreciating it

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
After watching episode 51 I'm convinced that all of this was supposed to culminate in Metal Gear Solid VI or a huge DLC that elaborates the events immediately before or re-tells the events of Metal Gear 1 and 2.

Endgame spoilers
That way we understand, behind the scenes, what Outer Heaven was all about and what each Big Boss was doing. We would get to see how Liquid and Psycho Mantis collaborated to bring about the events of MGS1, and understand exactly how the chess pieces fell in place. They hinted at it a bit when they said that DARPA was allied with Cipher, but since Kaz/Ocelot was working for Cipher anyway, perhaps the MG1/2 story came about because he found out about that? There's a lot to go on

edit:
Actually I just watched the cut content from chapter 3 and Venom Snake says he has to "get this demon out of me.", could be a foreshadowing of Outer Heaven. Sounds to me that he links up with the real Boss and they collaborate on Outer Heaven, and somehow the Metal Gear gets mixed into this, probably as a deterrent for those wanting to develop nuclear weapons.

Last edited:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Man once you get the 5 star weapons and modify them, the skulls aint shyt :mjlol:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
After watching episode 51 I'm convinced that all of this was supposed to culminate in Metal Gear Solid VI or a huge DLC that elaborates the events immediately before or re-tells the events of Metal Gear 1 and 2.

Endgame spoilers
That way we understand, behind the scenes, what Outer Heaven was all about and what each Big Boss was doing. We would get to see how Liquid and Psycho Mantis collaborated to bring about the events of MGS1, and understand exactly how the chess pieces fell in place. They hinted at it a bit when they said that DARPA was allied with Cipher, but since Kaz/Ocelot was working for Cipher anyway, perhaps the MG1/2 story came about because he found out about that? There's a lot to go on

edit:
Actually I just watched the cut content from chapter 3 and Venom Snake says he has to "get this demon out of me.", could be a foreshadowing of Outer Heaven. Sounds to me that he links up with the real Boss and they collaborate on Outer Heaven, and somehow the Metal Gear gets mixed into this, probably as a deterrent for those wanting to develop nuclear weapons.
Idk about Venom and the real Big Boss meeting to start Outer Heaven because if I'm not mistaken, at the end of TPP where Venom is in the bathroom on Mother Base you hear gunfire and see the Operation Intrude N313 tape in the player which is a heavy handed allusion to Solid Snake's arrival at Mother Base which ended up with him killing Venom...and the real Big Boss sent Solid to do the deed. For the first spoiler and the comment related to Ep. 51: That would be great, As nice as this game is, there are still many things to expound upon as they happened in the MG universe (i.e. no more drawings for renditions of what occurred in the past lol)

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
when do you get the water gun?
after mission 18 you get a key item required to develop it...just check your development screen to use it.

you can use it to destroy equipment (see above), temporarily stun enemies for about 3 seconds if shot in the face and extinguish torches and fire pits for darkness

McPiff

#goat
Daps
after mission 18 you get a key item required to develop it...just check your development screen to use it.

you can use it to destroy equipment (see above), temporarily stun enemies for about 3 seconds if shot in the face and extinguish torches and fire pits for darkness

yup just got it. and

i tried to fight the man of fire with it :mjlol:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
yup just got it. and

i tried to fight the man of fire with it :mjlol:
:smh:

If you want that S you either have to be REALLY fast in getting to the jeep and driving through the tunnel before it collapses;o use explosives to knock him into the shallow pool or blow up one of the water towers to douse him. If you don't care about S rank (you should) then just wait for it to rain.

If you want to go the S rank route make sure to call for the helicopter before you knock him out with the water because if he gets up when you're hopping in the chopper then you're dead

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I ended up wit the True ending and didn't even know the stipulations :skip:

GOTY clearly.... If some DLC gets announced I want it...Just some of the stuff with Eli is :whoo:

I was bugging because Ocelot was like "Eli isn't your clone, breh" but then :whoo: its not really Big Boss :wow: And Boss already knew about the brothers and basically was like "fukk them kids mayne.":stopitslime: I love how the shyt showed how Eli and Mantis basically met then and god cool.

Ocelot and Miller :wow: two sides of the coin and they know it....:to:

Its so much that is ready to have content about it. But knowing Konami they were totally cool with this and are just going to make a huge $40 DLC pack :mjcry:

And Ima buy it