[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Some of the tasks descriptions are stupid, and some of the tasks are annoying as shyt. Spent WAY too long on shyt that I can breeze through because of this when redoing the earlier missions trying to get 100%

That one with the 3 Commanders says you have to extract a car with the commander in it and 3 of his soldiers in it. None of the cars have 4 people in it though... you actually have to extract 2 different commanders in 2 different 4 wheelers to get the task completed. How would I know that? :smh:

I'm up here knocking out guards and putting them in the car only to find out you can even put 4 of them in a car.

Oh and then the next mission is the one where you have to take out the armored trucks in a specific time. The last task that I have is the extract 6 prisoners one on it, and these muhfukkas were all over the map, I interrogate the guards to find out various locations and these prisoners are no where to be found. Even had D-Dog with me trying to sniff them out. After fukking around with that shyt for a few hours, I turned the shyt off and Youtubed it, cause I was hot that I couldn't get that shyt done in a few runs

:snoop:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Some of the tasks descriptions are stupid, and some of the tasks are annoying as shyt. Spent WAY too long on shyt that I can breeze through because of this when redoing the earlier missions trying to get 100%

That one with the 3 Commanders says you have to extract a car with the commander in it and 3 of his soldiers in it. None of the cars have 4 people in it though... you actually have to extract 2 different commanders in 2 different 4 wheelers to get the task completed. How would I know that? :smh:

I'm up here knocking out guards and putting them in the car only to find out you can even put 4 of them in a car.

Oh and then the next mission is the one where you have to take out the armored trucks in a specific time. The last task that I have is the extract 6 prisoners one on it, and these muhfukkas were all over the map, I interrogate the guards to find out various locations and these prisoners are no where to be found. Even had D-Dog with me trying to sniff them out. After fukking around with that shyt for a few hours, I turned the shyt off and Youtubed it, cause I was hot that I couldn't get that shyt done in a few runs

:snoop:
Finding those 6 prisoners was the worst experience in the game so far but I needed their talents for motherbase. I'm getting to the point where I'm going to make Sure I got the special stuff for each stage and call it a day. Do the checkmark completions when I have super powers later.

When I had to rescue the kids without being spotted they will automatically know the kids are missing when you cross a certain threshhold. Without portal Fulton you have to body the entire base to get them out unseen

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Finding those 6 prisoners was the worst experience in the game so far but I needed their talents for motherbase. I'm getting to the point where I'm going to make Sure I got the special stuff for each stage and call it a day. Do the checkmark completions when I have super powers later.

When I had to rescue the kids without being spotted they will automatically know the kids are missing when you cross a certain threshhold. Without portal Fulton you have to body the entire base to get them out unseen
Damn, you were trying to do all the tasks before you beat the game?

I realized early on that I wasn't going to have the patience for that shyt. Plus they keep half of the tasks hidden your first time through, so I was like whatever. And you don't have a lot of the stuff needed to get some of them early on anyway. Better to come back around later.

The AI on this game will have me raging breh. Dudes smart af, making me wish I brought a some lethal guns with me to just fukk up everybody when I get spotted.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Damn, you were trying to do all the tasks before you beat the game?

I realized early on that I wasn't going to have the patience for that shyt. Plus they keep half of the tasks hidden your first time through, so I was like whatever. And you don't have a lot of the stuff needed to get some of them early on anyway. Better to come back around later.

The AI on this game will have me raging breh. Dudes smart af, making me wish I brought a some lethal guns with me to just fukk up everybody when I get spotted.
I get most tasks the first time by interrogating people for intel and Fultoning the special target and any special vehicle. I usually only have a couple checkmarks to do after that. What's taking me a while is trying to get everything checked off before going to the next mission. Some make me rage. ESPECIALLY IF it involved getting a special skill or blueprint.

The worst unchecked item I have now is following a interpretor around and listening to him talk to 4 different prisoners.

Gonna use the camo pills next time

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I get most tasks the first time by interrogating people for intel and Fultoning the special target and any special vehicle. I usually only have a couple checkmarks to do after that. What's taking me a while is trying to get everything checked off before going to the next mission. Some make me rage. ESPECIALLY IF it involved getting a special skill or blueprint.

The worst unchecked item I have now is following a interpretor around and listening to him talk to 4 different prisoners.

I was doing the most out there when going for that extract all armored cars task on this mission. When I started it my C4 was too strong so it would blow up the trucks if I used it :snoop:

Had to fall back and get my old C4 to do it. Then those electric traps are the goat for that mission, but I only had 4... so this one run I tried putting my 4 wheeler in the middle of the road to block it when they came because I ran out of the vehicle trap devices.

The last 2 trucks I had to get.... I get 1 of them, then the other speeds up and stops by the 4 wheeler, and then just pushes that shyt out the way and keeps driving
:martin:

At that point, I got out my CGM launcher and destroyed that bytch ass driver. Could have been a part of something great at Mother Base, but chose to high tail it out of there. fukk him.

Then I restarted the mission
:mjcry:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I was doing the most out there when going for that extract all armored cars task on this mission. When I started it my C4 was too strong so it would blow up the trucks if I used it :snoop:

Had to fall back and get my old C4 to do it. Then those electric traps are the goat for that mission, but I only had 4... so this one run I tried putting my 4 wheeler in the middle of the road to block it when they came because I ran out of the vehicle trap devices.

The last 2 trucks I had to get.... I get 1 of them, then the other speeds up and stops by the 4 wheeler, and then just pushes that shyt out the way and keeps driving
:martin:

At that point, I got out my CGM launcher and destroyed that bytch ass driver. Could have been a part of something great at Mother Base, but chose to high tail it out of there. fukk him.

Then I restarted the mission
:mjcry:
I used 1 atb mine to stop the tank then extract.

U can also throw a decoy in the road and they will stop and shoot it with a tank she'll giving you time to extract

U can also use your horse

U can also shoot it with 1 rocket that has stopping power.

U don't need resupply on that stage

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide

You must went in quiet? I went in guns blazing had quiet cover fire they never noticed they were missing

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide

You mean at kizba camp? You gotta let em die, then head to the back they'll come get ole dude once they are on alert they won't come off and the interpretor won't come back outside

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
New MGO details

Missions

Bounty Hunter

Teams win if the number of enemy team tickets is reduced to zero. Killing or Fultoning an enemy reduces the enemy team tickets by one. Fultoning an enemy increases your team’s ticket total by the value of the Fultoned enemy’s bounty.

Cloak and Dagger

Attackers win by recovering the Data Disc and uploading it at the Evac Point within the time limit. Defenders win by preventing the upload. Attackers are armed with only non-lethal weapons while defenders only have lethal weapons. This is an elimination mission. Once eliminated, you cannot return to the battlefield until the next round.

Comm Control

Attackers must capture Comm Links to download confidential intel. If the attackers complete the download within the time limit, they are victorious. If the defenders are able to prevent this within the time limit, they are victorious. Comm Links can be captured by staying within the effective range of the Comm Links until they change ownership.

■ Stages

Jade Forest – African Jungle Outback. Composed of natural jungle and a desolate village.Red Fortress – Soviet Military Base in Afghanistan. A hilltop base with a peripheral view of the surrounding desert.Gray Rampart – A dam and its environs. The stage contains two regions on either side of a river, with the dam and bridges connecting them.Amber Station – A gas refinery on a harbor. The stage contains several multi-level structures.Black Site – The infamous US military base nine years after the events of “METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES”. It contains a multi-level base with mostly flat and spacious surrounding areas.

■ Classes

Scout – With advanced scouting capabilities, the “Recon Class” specialties are long-range combat and support functions. Movement speed and strength are average making this a great choice for beginners.Enforcer – With great strength, the “Heavy Class” specializes in powerful weapons. However, movement speed is slow making this class less effective in close quarters. This class is for intermediate players.Infiltrator – Fast moving, the “Infiltration Class” specialty is close combat such as CQC. Due to the strength being low, you should avoid a head-on battle. This is a class for experienced players.

■ Tips

Unique Character – When “Unique Character” is selected in mission settings, one player on each team is assigned at random to play as a unique character. Unique characters such as Snake and Ocelot have significantly higher abilities compared to regular player characters. They also have exclusive weapons and actions, providing opportunities to try different play styles.Abilities – Equipping abilities enhance performance of your character or your weapons. Each ability has 3 levels.Buddy – Players can join up with a “Buddy”. When your Buddy Gauge reaches 50% or greater, you can respawn at your buddy’s location. Once the buddy gauge reaches 100%, you can equip the E-RB WORMHOLE GEN. from your support weapons. This device can be placed and entered to instantaneously travel to your buddy’s location.Interrogation – Restraining an enemy with CQC and holding down the CALL button performs an “interrogation”. If the interrogation is successful, you gain intel on the enemy team’s location, which is automatically shared with your buddy.Weight and Mobility – Weapons and items have weight associated with them. Based on total weight, your “mobility” rating ranges from Level S to D, affecting your movement speed and weapon sway. When editing your loadouts, keep the mobility rating in mind.Party – If you join a party, you will be able to join the same match as the party members. You can access the Party Menu from the Freeplay environment.Experience Points – Based on your performance during the match, you gain experience points. Earn experience points (XP) to raise your character level. If you raise your level, you can obtain new weapons or abilities as a reward.
Read more at Metal Gear Online Missions, Stages, and Classes revealed, new gameplay

Official Web page has opened also
METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN - Official Site