[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
The thing about this games gameplay is, its one of the few games where, if you have an idea on how to execute a mission, you could probably do it.

Its like how as kids, we could get a brand new toy for xmas, and still spend a few hours using the box as a toy as well.

That toy is dope, but that box...well that box could be anything ! :wow: :ohhh:

A space ship, a house, a race car, a sled :krs:

That's how I feel when playing MGS V. I get done with a mission and be like, "You know what, there was a better way to do that" :patrice:

Some games give you a lot of tools with little to no use, some games give you a lot of mechanics you never use, and some games give you a lot of collectibles just to keep you busy. MGS V is not one of those games.

Opening up that game play was great, and that's why im sad that there wont be another MGS under Kojima's watch. With Fox engine in the bag, im sure he could have pumped out another one in 2-3 years if he wanted. But it also makes me optimistic that someone else could potentially take over and not miss a beat.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Where did you lay that out ?

To stop the rate of infection before you get the cure, you have to look at the language of all the soldiers from your Staff Development - All Staff menu. The infection is spread through language. Its different for every player but the language is the common denominator. To figure that out, after Ocelot sets up the Quarantine check to see the language spoken by the infected soldiers in quarantine...the one language that is spoken by all of them is the language that is infecting Mother Base. In my case it was the Kikongo language. So I literally went to the All Staff menu and selected over 200 something soldiers that spoke Kikongo and sent them to be quarantined (I know shyt was frustrating but worth it in the end :manny:). After I did that I got a message from Ocelot saying that the rate of infection has dropped drastically. Additionally, if you want to reduce the number of casualties, then keep playing story missions until you get the cure then you'll be aaight after the cutscene that explains that everything's aaight. I ended up losing 7 soldiers total :win: By the way the cassette tapes and cutscene from the Devil's House clue you into this.

But yeah, I must have been lucky because I didn't have many Kikongo volunteers :heh:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Some games give you a lot of tools with little to no use, some games give you a lot of mechanics you never use, and some games give you a lot of collectibles just to keep you busy. MGS V is not one of those games.
Exactly...they didn't just throw a million different features in TPP just to be white noise knowing that you only need 2 things to complete missions...everything from the weapons/items to the mechanics and abilities Venom utilizes plays a vital role in having fun and actually beating missions. shyt I found so many hidden passages into bases and outposts last night alone just through scaling the side of mountains via the cracks...Using the hiding feature on D-Horse really works and comes through in a pinch...having DD fulton extract Skulls while fighting them ( @TrifeGod ) so I don't make myself vulnerable....having your soldiers deploy on specific sabotage missions to remove specific weapons and equipment from enemies to suit your playstyle...and then some :ohlawd:

Did they drop the ball with cutting missions? Yup
The whole Quiet thing? Yup
Is there room for some criticism? Yup

Still GOTY though :blessed:

-DMP-

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Exactly...they didn't just throw a million different features in TPP just to be white noise knowing that you only need 2 things to complete missions...everything from the weapons/items to the mechanics and abilities Venom utilizes plays a vital role in having fun and actually beating missions. shyt I found so many hidden passages into bases and outposts last night alone just through scaling the side of mountains via the cracks...Using the hiding feature on D-Horse really works and comes through in a pinch...having DD fulton extract Skulls while fighting them ( @TrifeGod ) so I don't make myself vulnerable....having your soldiers deploy on specific sabotage missions to remove specific weapons and equipment from enemies to suit your playstyle...and then some :ohlawd:

Did they drop the ball with cutting missions? Yup
The whole Quiet thing? Yup
Is there room for some criticism? Yup

Still GOTY though :blessed:

See I didn't even realize he could do that, I just started using him again after I maxed out quiet. But I just read that dwalker could fulton people too :ohhh: hell I haven't even used him yet and im on mission 29 :blessed:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
See I didn't even realize he could do that, I just started using him again after I maxed out quiet. But I just read that dwalker could fulton people too :ohhh: hell I haven't even used him yet and im on mission 29 :blessed:
D walker has an upgrade that allows him to engage in enemies on his own...I JUST started using him for the first time last night after all this time I've been playing :wow:

You need to get the first aid blueprint in that village you go through when you first arrive in Africa

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim

No skills:camby:
Stealth camo in tdm:camby:Just gonna be a bunch of clowns running around stealthed up :beli:

Unique characters tho:krs:
Fulton opponents to get their tickets :krs:
Pseudo SOP :patrice:

Last edited:

-DMP-

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D walker has an upgrade that allows him to engage in enemies on his own...I JUST started using him for the first time last night after all this time I've been playing :wow:

You need to get the first aid blueprint in that village you go through when you first arrive in Africa

im so thorough that I got that, and didn't even know wth it was for. :russ:

I literally just go through grabbing shyt. Figure itll come in use later :yeshrug:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Since when do we use Action RPGs as a barometer to compare against Action Games? Can't you say the same for other Action RPGs as well?

MGS5 is an open world action adventure stealth game. Each mission in the game gives the player complete freedom on how to complete it. It's like each encounter is a puzzle. If 5 people were to beat the same level without Youtube helping them, you would have 5 different ways they went about it. Looking at all the guns in the game, and gadgets... if you're finding it repetitive, why not switch things up and use a different loadout? I know you haven't tried every thing in the game.

The AI adapts to your play style and progressively gets tougher. I'm sorry, but while yal go straight to the cons, I'm going to keep highlighting the pros. There's no other game that I can recall with airtight gameplay/controls that is this long.

How many action games campaigns are longer than action RPGs campaigns?
Exactly. We might as well compare this game to Skyrim while we're at it. This game so massive dudes forgot they're not playing a RPG.