[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
How are yall beating the game so fast? :wow: I just got to mission 21 last night.

im like 24% done :blessed:
62% for me.

Spotted a couple S Rank soldiers out in the field :wow:

Is Paz alive or is Venom imagining shyt again? I already beat all of the Wondering Mother Base missions and just have to wait a day in between each instance of showing her the photos to progress with that side quest.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
cool, but ultimately, what's the point in building up mother base? What's its purpose?
You need to level up your 6 teams on Mother Base if you want to continue to develop anything and everything; in addition, the level of your base & platform/teams determine the probability of finding better soldiers in the field, (a higher heroism also adds to this I think).

Right now I'm a little over 330K heroism and my teams are all level 43ish with the actual platforms all maxed out at level 4 (except for Intel. which is level 3) and I find tons of A+ - A++ soldiers. I know that as I level up more I'll get S rank and higher more frequently.

Speaking of which, has anyone done the "Rescue the Peacekeepers" side op? I'm still biding my time by getting better staff. My success rate has gone up by 12% since I first got the mission so I know I'm going in the right direction as far as getting a better squad goes.

Just biding my time
full

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
You need to level up your 6 teams on Mother Base if you want to continue to develop anything and everything; in addition, the level of your base & platform/teams determine the probability of finding better soldiers in the field, (a higher heroism also adds to this I think).

Right now I'm a little over 330K heroism and my teams are all level 43ish with the actual platforms all maxed out at level 4 (except for Intel. which is level 3) and I find tons of A+ - A++ soldiers. I know that as I level up more I'll get S rank and higher more frequently.

Speaking of which, has anyone done the "Rescue the Peacekeepers" side op? I'm still biding my time by getting better staff. My success rate has gone up by 12% since I first got the mission so I know I'm going in the right direction as far as getting a better squad goes.

Just biding my time
full

are you over the 100 hour mark on this game ? :patrice:

Superstar
Daps
man, so I just got d-walker, d-dog and quiet can do missions with me. of the three, I prefer d-dog the best. he can find EVERYTHING and mark it on the map.

quiet is dope, but as until I can develop a tranquilizer sniper, I'm not using her anymore cuz she kills EVERYONE on sight. and then disappears at times.

Buddy equipment is different from yours, you have to develop your bond with her to get a tranq sniper for her. But Quiet is OP if you use her right, and she doesn't fire if you don't prompt her unless you got the cover me command. Missions become 10x easier with her in the field, she can even take down Skulls and will clear outposts with the quickness. And you don't really lose anything killing all the soldiers cuz after some point you get more A+ volunteers after missions anyways

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
62% for me.

Spotted a couple S Rank soldiers out in the field :wow:

Is Paz alive or is Venom imagining shyt again? I already beat all of the Wondering Mother Base missions and just have to wait a day in between each instance of showing her the photos to progress with that side quest.
I know there is
a secret cutscene after all the mementos. I read what happens but I won't spoil it

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
After you crack 100,000 heroism and 60% completion you start randomly seeing S soldiers in the field. I think probability climbs as heroism and completion climb. But it's still RNG.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I know there is
a secret cutscene after all the mementos. I read what happens but I won't spoil it
Yeah I got them all last night so I have to just wait a day before going back to see her to trigger each cutscene. Had to sleep to get to work :pachaha:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Buddy equipment is different from yours, you have to develop your bond with her to get a tranq sniper for her. But Quiet is OP if you use her right, and she doesn't fire if you don't prompt her unless you got the cover me command. Missions become 10x easier with her in the field, she can even take down Skulls and will clear outposts with the quickness. And you don't really lose anything killing all the soldiers cuz after some point you get more A+ volunteers after missions anyways
And if you get her the silenced guilty butterfly along while doing the helment and body armor/riot suit sabatoge missions then she can silently tranq an entire outpost without raising an alarm...no need to worry about dealing with helmets and armor.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
And if you get her the silenced guilty butterfly along while doing the helment and body armor/riot suit sabatoge missions then she can silently tranq an entire outpost without raising an alarm...no need to worry about dealing with helmets and armor.

Hey... I had an idea, its kinda stupid but (involves mission 20)

could I have used the water gun to fight the "man on fire" :dwillhuh:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I saw a few S Rank Soldiers as well last night :leon:

I beat the main storyline last night, I was mind fukked brehs.

I'm currently at 68% overall, with 27 Side Ops to Complete. I'm not even going to try that S Rank Dispatch mission until I have a few more S Rank soldiers under my wing.

I think I only have 3 or 4 departments that aren't Level 4 yet. And they all are in the 40s as far as their personnel makeup.

I think I'm going to keep on knocking out the rest of the Side Ops to keep stacking GMP and find these S Rank Goons, and then start on the S Rank for the missions... I'll check the Tasks for the missions as well and try and get those too, but I'm going to just try and S Rank them initially due to the time bonuses

:wow: