[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i gotta play this game b4 i give it a review, but these gameplay videos aint really that spesho :francis:.......... some of these reviews lookin funny in the light.
I said the same thing before. Gameplay vids looked :manny: to me but once I got the game in my hands and started playing from the beginning the game was crack. Either way if you ain't feelin it :yeshrug: oh well.

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Today is the day I start building nukes.

I dare one more motherfukker to come in my base. I swear to Diamond Dogs that will be the last time they try that shyt. Bad thing is....that means only high level bases will have the ability to catch a jux.

Tip for FOB...don't just max out everything and call it a day. Really test your FOB and mod it accordingly.

If you can beat your own FOB, imagine what other players can do.

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I said the same thing before. Gameplay vids looked :manny: to me but once I got the game in my hands and started playing from the beginning the game was crack. Either way if you ain't feelin it :yeshrug: oh well.

Reasons why fanboys don't like MGSV

>Vast open world, but not a lot of unique bases, shyt to do
>Retcon
>Stealth doesn't feel like traditinal Metal Gear (Whatever the fukk that means)
>A lot of missing content, I'll agree to this..there is a lot of content that is just sitting on our hard drives. And there is a scrapped mission on the collectors edition. Two ways this can work, they fukk us and make us pay for DLC that's already on our hard drives. They release future updates for free. DLC that's already on my bought product being released for $$$ never sat well with me due to politics > morals
>Ending
>Iffy control system

In reality Konami spent this long on the engine's creation in my eyes. Then spent time on the actual game. This might be one of the best engines I've ever seen in gaming period.

There is no fukking way they are just going to let the Fox Engine sit there because of their disputes with Hideo.

This engine will be used some way or another.

GOD I HOPE it's a new Z.O.E game that uses this engine

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reasons why fanboys don't like MGSV

>Vast open world, but not a lot of unique bases, shyt to do
I don't understand this weird complaint. Plenty of bases I've encountered in my 50 hour playthrough thus far have all been unique in their own way. Yeah the overall theme is the same(Afghan or Africa) but there's lots of things that make them look different and plus the day/night cycle weather system makes it variable. The bases I found near the honeybee mission were :banderas:.
>Retcon
:manny:
>Stealth doesn't feel like traditinal Metal Gear (Whatever the fukk that means)
Yeah I don't even know what they're talking about. The Stealth and gameplay in this is leagues above anything from older MGS games.
>A lot of missing content, I'll agree to this..there is a lot of content that is just sitting on our hard drives. And there is a scrapped mission on the collectors edition. Two ways this can work, they fukk us and make us pay for DLC that's already on our hard drives. They release future updates for free. DLC that's already on my bought product being released for $$$ never sat well with me due to politics > morals
Yeah I heard about this... I hope we get whatever it is(Idk yet since I didn't beat it) for free. I hope they didn't just stop short of an ambitious game and leave out some closure or finale.
>Ending
:manny: Didn't see it(them)?? yet.
>Iffy control system
:mjlol: Controls in this is beautiful.

In reality Konami spent this long on the engine's creation in my eyes. Then spent time on the actual game. This might be one of the best engines I've ever seen in gaming period.
Yeah it's a great engine. Things scale beautifully and it runs like a dream.

There is no fukking way they are just going to let the Fox Engine sit there because of their disputes with Hideo.
Yeah..

This engine will be used some way or another.

GOD I HOPE it's a new Z.O.E game that uses this engine

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Just got the wormhole. There were cargo containers holding 500 precious metal in the hanger :wow:

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
All tapes have been listened to and all important side ops are done. My base isn't maxed out but it's pretty damn big and I read you didn't have to max it out to the fullest to get it. I literally just got done listening to the last tapes about Huey being a traitor and that he was gonna be put on trial. I figured I'd be seeing a cutscene when I got back to motherbase but nothing :beli:

You need to raise your bond with quiet to 100 and remove the butterfly from your emblem if you have it on

Daps
Reppin
Canada
What the hell did I just play :dwillhuh:
You're your own man.:wow:

tumblr_inline_nd16qzUZ281t2y1cb.gif

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Been spending the last hour trying to wrap my head around all of this. :dwillhuh: