[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Other dude made it seem like she died on deployment though on a regular mission.

I didn't think you could lose a buddy permanently just by using them on a mission.

Maybe I'm wrong but that'd be kinda wack cause in order to do any side ops with them or use them in the future you'd have to delete your entire save.

I hope there's no permanent fail state like that. I was hopin to be able to use her still after I beat the story regardless of what happens.
Nah you can't permanently lose a buddy on a mission, the only thing that happens is you'll receive a notice saying that they're near death and Ocelot or Miller will automatically fulton them out...they will be in the Sick Bay until they heal...the length of time before they're released is contingent on your Medical Staff's level.

On deployment though? I didn't know you could deploy Quiet on a mission with other staff :patrice: I thought she was in the Brig when she isn't with you.

I haven't seen or tested it myself, but I think the only way to permanently kill her is through doing so during the story mission.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Nah you can't permanently lose a buddy on a mission, the only thing that happens is you'll receive a notice saying that they're near death and Ocelot or Miller will automatically fulton them out...they will be in the Sick Bay until they heal...the length of time before they're released is contingent on your Medical Staff's level.

On deployment though? I didn't know you could deploy Quiet on a mission with other staff :patrice: I thought she was in the Brig when she isn't with you.

I haven't seen or tested it myself, but I think the only way to permanently kill her is through doing so during the story mission.
Deployment was the wrong word. I just meant bringing her with you

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
My based got rekt :mjcry:
nikkas are using sniper rifles and just picking off enemies until they can complete the FOB
Every time I tried to retaliate I got lit the fukk up:mjcry:
I'm 1-3 right now:mjcry:
Over 500k in damages:mjcry:
They took my bytch:mjcry:
And 6 of my nikkas:mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I just realized something tho (in regards to the huey tape involving clones)

Huey says dr. clark is the one behind the new cloning phenomenon but, when asked does he know him/her, Snake says he "doesn't know many doctors". Even tho this is the same dr. clark that was in snake eater and the same dr. clark that was apart of the OG patriots/Cipher. Does snake have amnesia or is this dude lying :patrice:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I just realized something tho (in regards to the huey tape involving clones)

Huey says dr. clark is the one behind the new cloning phenomenon but, when asked does he know him/her, Snake says he "doesn't know many doctors". Even tho this is the same dr. clark that was in snake eater and the same dr. clark that was apart of the OG patriots/Cipher. Does snake have amnesia or is this dude lying :patrice:
You're on to something I won't spoil for you :purpmit:

Romey Rome

All Star
Daps
Brehs I think I've been converted. I've never owned a metal gear game and ive only played ground zeroes and hated it. I played a couple missions at my boys crib last Friday n I had a good time. I'm talkin to my homie now n the game sounds too dope not to cop.

I think imma cop when I get off work today, wish me luck

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
you won't get the true ending keeping quiet around friend. LET That demon go.
How you gon to yell me you won't get the true ending when I'm telling you I did? :stopitslime:

You really want me to post a screenshot with the endgame jacket and Quiet?

Look friend I ain't about that follow a prophet life...All i know about god is he made me attracted to titties and gave Kojima San the ability to create virtual titties and I'll be damned if I don't appreciate those titties...

Once again Mission 46 is the true ending and wearing Quiets emblem does not prevent the mission from appearing...it only prevents certain other events from occuring...I don't see the point in allowing those other events to occur...

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
How you gon to yell me you won't get the true ending when I'm telling you I did? :stopitslime:

You really want me to post a screenshot with the endgame jacket and Quiet?

Look friend I ain't about that follow a prophet life...All i know about god is he made me attracted to titties and gave Kojima San the ability to create virtual titties and I'll be damned if I don't appreciate those titties...

Once again Mission 46 is the true ending and wearing Quiets emblem does not prevent the mission from appearing...it only prevents certain other events from occuring...I don't see the point in allowing those other events to occur...
I want as much of the game as possible so let's let quiet have her moment and then keep a momento to remember her with

When she's Gone, friend.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Mission 20 :martin:

I couldn't even knock dude into the puddle and those water towers kept getting blown up before I could use it on him. :mjcry: After so many retries I just called the chopper ahead of time at a distance and knocked him down with the rocket launcher, ran to the LZ and flew out of there.

All his fireballs got blocked by a tree his was standing too close to. :deadrose:

fukk that dude.